Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire?

+9
lwlty
Divine
melburn
humbug
Siaoster
andikong
joepele
ozzie75
karabi
13 posters

Go down

Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Empty Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire?

Post by karabi 11th October 2009, 12:32 pm

Hi guys,

Me looking for just 1 17" stock tire (kumho) to replace my spare as my previous tire got a cut on the sidewall. Tried couple of shops at Bukit Timah, but to no avail.

Anyone can suggest where can i get, or maybe the shop that you guys go to trade inyour stock tires?

Thanks in advance!
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Empty Re: Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire?

Post by ozzie75 11th October 2009, 1:44 pm

karabi wrote:Hi guys,

Me looking for just 1 17" stock tire (kumho) to replace my spare as my previous tire got a cut on the sidewall. Tried couple of shops at Bukit Timah, but to no avail.

Anyone can suggest where can i get, or maybe the shop that you guys go to trade inyour stock tires?

Thanks in advance!

You can try to sms Justin of Poh Heng to see if he has. Some of the folks here have traded in their rims + tyres there and he might have.

ozzie75

Back to top Go down

Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Empty Re: Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire?

Post by joepele 11th October 2009, 4:20 pm

Or you can try Chen Jin Trading along Serangoon Road.
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 12th October 2009, 12:02 am

oh... okok.

Dun mind me, but did read some forums that P** H*** like not very positive.

Is it true?
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 12th October 2009, 12:10 am

karabi wrote:oh... okok.

Dun mind me, but did read some forums that P** H*** like not very positive.

Is it true?

Not sure about PH but my experience with Chen Jin was... the guys @ CJ are pretty honest.

What happened... one FT went there and wanted to change his Company's Truck tires as asked the boss the "amend" the "papers" to increase the px... *Prob to claim more...

They rejected and were pretty damn pissed abt it too.

Anyway, IMHO, I'd rather pay a little more and have a peace of mind that I've not been conned...

Disclaimer... these are juz my experience and IMHO...
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 12th October 2009, 12:51 am

Thanks in advance!

Hi karabi, me having the same cut at the side wall and is beyond repair.
Just bought a new 17" NIXEN tire, Korean brand the same one used in the Kia KOUP
for $130/= at a tire shop along Kallang/Geylang main road, just before lorong 3.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 12th October 2009, 1:07 am

andikong wrote:
Just bought a new 17" NIXEN tire, Korean brand the same one used in the Kia KOUP
for $130/= at a tire shop along Kallang/Geylang main road, just before lorong 3.

Thanks andikong bro,

Just that i'm looking for 2nd hand one. Did u also try to find but to no avail? That's y u bought the NIXEN one?

=)
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 12th October 2009, 1:45 am

why wana get 2nd hand tires, should think about safety though
juz my 2 cents Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Icon_wink
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 12th October 2009, 2:01 am

karabi wrote:
andikong wrote:

Thanks andikong bro,

Just that i'm looking for 2nd hand one. Did u also try to find but to no avail? That's y u bought the NIXEN one?

=)
Sorry I did not go around to look for a used one, as Siaoster pointed out safety factor. I was advised by this tire shop owner (which I happen to know him) never under inflate your this low profile tire, increase the pressure to 225 - 230.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 12th October 2009, 10:22 pm

Oh, second hand reason as forte still relatively new, so i feel the stock tires wont really be that bad.

2nd reason is to replace the spare tire, so also won't be using (touch wood).

Yup. My 2 cents. Thanks Siaoster and Andikong bros for your concerns though. =)
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by humbug 13th October 2009, 7:55 am

Siaoster wrote:why wana get 2nd hand tires, should think about safety though
juz my 2 cents Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Icon_wink

using it as a temporary stop gap its OK. just make sure the tire is still usuable. new tires do have their life span too if not used for a long time. Just make sure you check yur spare as and when you check yur 4 tires.

anyway I just got a 2nd hand falken from PH for $60 with change of spare tire to after market rims. Next when i change my tires, one will go to the boot for sure. thats my practice for more than 2 decades.

humbug

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 13th October 2009, 11:52 pm

Thanks in advance!

Yes bro u can try Chenjin, just tell them recommended by Mel and they will let go at lower price.
The tires are actually quite new coz i know alot forum bros went down straight to change the tires after collection of car so shld be ard 30km old only.

Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Icon_wink
Mel
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 14th October 2009, 1:43 am

melburn wrote:
Yes bro u can try Chenjin, just tell them recommended by Mel and they will let go at lower price.
The tires are actually quite new coz i know alot forum bros went down straight to change the tires after collection of car so shld be ard 30km old only.

Mel

Thanks bro, btw, where is Chenjin?
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 14th October 2009, 9:52 am

karabi wrote:
melburn wrote:

Mel

Thanks bro, btw, where is Chenjin?

http://chenjin.freehostia.com/

http://chenjin.freehostia.com/contact.html

Address and Location (Serangoon Branch)
480 Upper Serangoon Road
Singapore 534515

Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Location_s2

Address and Location (New Branch @ Woodlands!)

Woodlands Industrial Park E5
Woodlands Auto Hub #01-09
Singapore 757512

Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Location_w2
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 14th October 2009, 2:07 pm

y u want to change? just change tyre la... the rims can touch up 1
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 15th October 2009, 12:07 am

??? I changing tire ah, not rim ah.
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by lwlty 16th October 2009, 1:31 am

At paya lebar rd turn to macperson alot 2nd rim . shop name AL Tyre

lwlty

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 16th October 2009, 2:19 pm

Thanks to all bros' suggestions. Will try out all the shops hopefully during the weekend.

Did email Chenjin, but the price they gave... Hmm... not sure if is the market price. Will source around to see if there are cheaper alternatives.
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 20th October 2009, 2:31 pm

karabi wrote:Thanks to all bros' suggestions. Will try out all the shops hopefully during the weekend.

Did email Chenjin, but the price they gave... Hmm... not sure if is the market price. Will source around to see if there are cheaper alternatives.

I have check with the service guy in LK. He said the one pic of SX stock rim is about $600 liao. Quite expensive and not local fix somemore.

Ex model rim/tyres is local fixed.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 20th October 2009, 3:17 pm

Oh, jL500k bro,

I'm looking for tyre/tire only. Not rims. Though my rims have some curb rash, but still working fine.

Was thinking of getting a Kumho Ecsta SPT KU31 ($147) for my spare instead, since so hard to find stock Kumho Solus.
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 21st October 2009, 9:57 pm

karabi wrote:Oh, jL500k bro,

I'm looking for tyre/tire only. Not rims. Though my rims have some curb rash, but still working fine.

Was thinking of getting a Kumho Ecsta SPT KU31 ($147) for my spare instead, since so hard to find stock Kumho Solus.

can consider other korea brand tyres like Hankook
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 25th October 2009, 5:17 pm

Hmm... Think maybe as a spare can bah.

The most if any tire puncture (touch wood). I replace with spare (e.g Hankook) Then I go get another same tire to match. While the other one can become spare as well.
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 25th October 2009, 5:49 pm

karabi wrote:Hmm... Think maybe as a spare can bah.

The most if any tire puncture (touch wood). I replace with spare (e.g Hankook) Then I go get another same tire to match. While the other one can become spare as well.

You can try call this person from another forum, he has one pc Kumho My0509 17" for $100 only.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2641282
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 25th October 2009, 6:22 pm

Hi Andikong bro, did post a msg there too. Saw my nick? =)

But still no reply. Anyway, that guy's post was on Aug 8.

Thanks though! =)
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by petertan 13th November 2009, 11:11 pm

sorry to hijack this thread.

May i know hv anyone has expereince of Momo brand below ? This looks much like Koup rims but we cannot exchange lehh from C&C.

Am really thinking of chgng these rims on my white Forte.

Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Strike
Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? StrikeA4

petertan

Back to top Go down

Post by viper007 14th November 2009, 12:41 am

oh it actually looks not bad on white, i just saw 1 Audi with this rim @ Vivo
viper007
viper007

Back to top Go down

Post by petertan 14th November 2009, 1:13 am

yup....quite chio horr..

but really nt sure of the quality...

petertan

Back to top Go down

Post by viper007 14th November 2009, 1:20 am

ya was rushing for time thus didnt really take a close look @ it
viper007
viper007

Back to top Go down

Post by Nolicense2 20th January 2010, 10:25 pm

petertan wrote:sorry to hijack this thread.

May i know hv anyone has expereince of Momo brand below ? This looks much like Koup rims but we cannot exchange lehh from C&C.

Am really thinking of chgng these rims on my white Forte.

Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? Strike
Where can i get 2nd hand 17" stock tire? StrikeA4

Wow i like this man.....
Nolicense2
Nolicense2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down