Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help

+11
GnoMisH
forte3737
longbow
aswalkersg
waypoint
Corgel
ace
jameshong
JuanST
lwlty
mkhaidir81
15 posters

Go down

Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Empty Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help

Post by mkhaidir81 22nd December 2009, 12:03 am

(Similar post under technical discussion thread)

Hi there forte bros,

Im posting this to get your suggestions/views on the this matter. (Kinda clueless at this stage already.)

Basically during idle, the engine vibrates more than usual. Vibration very prominent on drivers seat, headrest and door frame when open. And vibrates more after warm up. Also, vibration is present when aircon is ON and OFF. Vibration feels like on those taxis (old crown and corollas). Previously, before 14k the vibrations were not soo obvious.

Mileage now is 14k, running on 5w40 shell ultra (full syn) after 10k servicing. Idle rpm is 0.6k when warmed up and 1k on cold start.

Brought the car to C&C on 2 ocassions but unable to resolve. The following were done
1) "reupload" the ecu - coz they thought its the setting
2) bled the steering fluid - coz they thought its juz at steering
3) changed 2 engine mounts
C&C also claimed to have checked the connections, plugs and ruled out E.O as problem. (questionable though)

Problem was not there when it was running on 10w40 mineral before 10k. C&C also said it could be due to the strut bars i installed. I thought it was crap coz i installed the bars at 1k and no vibrations were felt back then (from 1k to 14k). I mentioned harmonic balancers to them but they ruled it out coz they say its only a prob for old cars.

Does anyone have similar problems as me? If you do and managed to ractify it, pls share with me or the other forumers.

Im kinda sick of this problem liao. C&C seems quite clueless also. Placed my car on 2 whole days on seperate occasions with them but no help at all. Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Icon_cry

mkhaidir81

Back to top Go down

Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Empty Re: Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help

Post by lwlty 22nd December 2009, 12:33 am

Basically during idle, the engine vibrates more than usual. Vibration very prominent on drivers seat, headrest and door frame when open. And vibrates more after warm up. Also, vibration is present when aircon is ON and OFF. Vibration feels like on those taxis (old crown and corollas). Previously, before 14k the vibrations were not soo obvious.

so worst, u engine still NY LOSS POWER WHEN PICK UP TIME/

lwlty

Back to top Go down

Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Empty Re: Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help

Post by JuanST 22nd December 2009, 7:37 am

i used to have this but for my 7 yr old car.. it was because of timing belt issue.... so may not be applicable but if u have no other "reasons" - this might be worth checking .....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by jameshong 22nd December 2009, 7:53 am

Have you checked you spark plug? Wrong or faulty one with have vibration too Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Icon_cyclops !
jameshong
jameshong

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 22nd December 2009, 8:19 am

If the vibration felt like bone shaking, it is the engine mounts. Can't be due to wrong fuel? Misfiring of the engine? Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Icon_scratch

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 22nd December 2009, 8:34 am

is ur car auto? my dad's car was vibrating very badly once, he told me its something to do with some rubber mount or something... he went to repair then ok liao...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 22nd December 2009, 9:37 am

I guess, if the inept mechanics can do no more, the last resort would be to seek help from harmony Motors(other other better known Korean car workshops) to assist in trouble-shooting. Get them to find out the cause($, of course) and then get the the POS mechanics back at C&C to resolve it.

Subsequently, if you have the bandwidth, seek compensation in service or in kind for the time and the ill-experience of having to contend with the defect by writing-in to the higher-ups.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by aswalkersg 22nd December 2009, 10:16 am

Hi members,

I have written to their Chairman and MD also no use. Worst still the case is thrown down to a lower ranking Asst Mgr to handle where my complaint is against their Snr Mgr.

It appears the only way to get justice is to go CASE, LTA, Small Claim Court or as other said blow it up to the Press. Very unfortunate to have this type of C&C Customer Service.

waypoint wrote:I guess, if the inept mechanics can do no more, the last resort would be to seek help from harmony Motors(other other better known Korean car workshops) to assist in trouble-shooting. Get them to find out the cause($, of course) and then get the the POS mechanics back at C&C to resolve it.

Subsequently, if you have the bandwidth, seek compensation in service or in kind for the time and the ill-experience of having to contend with the defect by writing-in to the higher-ups.

aswalkersg

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 22nd December 2009, 10:20 am

My car does not vibrate until like that, your car's vibration is not normal. Best is to find yourself a trusted workshop and always return to them when your car has problems, then the mechanics will know your car's history and work accordingly
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 22nd December 2009, 12:58 pm

aswalkersg wrote:Hi members,

I have written to their Chairman and MD also no use. Worst still the case is thrown down to a lower ranking Asst Mgr to handle where my complaint is against their Snr Mgr.

It appears the only way to get justice is to go CASE, LTA, Small Claim Court or as other said blow it up to the Press. Very unfortunate to have this type of C&C Customer Service.

waypoint wrote:I guess, if the inept mechanics can do no more, the last resort would be to seek help from harmony Motors(other other better known Korean car workshops) to assist in trouble-shooting. Get them to find out the cause($, of course) and then get the the POS mechanics back at C&C to resolve it.

i suggest you personally go down and have a talk with the senior manager. i think they have been receiving hundred of complains just like yours everyday. the easy way out is to delegate the task for someone lower down to handle.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by mkhaidir81 22nd December 2009, 1:06 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. Really2 appreciate it.

My main concern is finding out the root cause of the vibration. Hope not to go to the extent of complain to C&C/CASE (although i feel like it) or an overhall.

But i would like to express my disappointment though at C&C for not following through till the issue is resolved.

My next course of action as some may have suggested would be to go to another workshop, get the mounts rechecked and change the E.O back to mineral 10w40 (cause no vibrations were observed back then). Perhaps change to better spak plugs.

Yes, mine is auto.Fuel normally use is Esso 98. Bone shaking? not so yet. Actually it feels like im driving my dad's Kelisa. My passangers says they can't really feel the vibrations but as a driver, you know the feel of your car from the day it was out till the present state. I would understand if it was felt at 30k or 50k but at 14k is simply unacceptable.

Neither am i willing to accept the reason, "its normal lah, its expected of a korean car". I don't pay 40+ thousand for crap.

Anyway fyi, mines an SJP plate, the first batch of fortes in S'pore.

will update again after my workshop visit.

Keep your suggestions, experiences comming in. Appreciate all of them Smile

mkhaidir81

Back to top Go down

Post by mkhaidir81 22nd December 2009, 1:09 pm

forte3737 wrote:
aswalkersg wrote:Hi members,

i suggest you personally go down and have a talk with the senior manager. i think they have been receiving hundred of complains just like yours everyday. the easy way out is to delegate the task for someone lower down to handle.

Approach the counter and ask for the senior manager at C&C?

mkhaidir81

Back to top Go down

Post by GnoMisH 22nd December 2009, 1:25 pm

hopefully it's an isolated case but C&C being a big reputable should be easier to deal with...
i'm speaking from experience that I had with my picanto 4 yrs ago...
the central lock alarm system was always faulty and I had to send it for repair at least three times in the 1st yr, until I got fed up and write a email to them regarding my complaint.
in the end some manager replied to me with apology and a petrol voucher as compensation...
GnoMisH
GnoMisH

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 24th December 2009, 9:42 am

mkhaidir81 wrote:(Similar post under technical discussion thread)

Hi there forte bros,

Im posting this to get your suggestions/views on the this matter. (Kinda clueless at this stage already.)

Mileage now is 14k, running on 5w40 shell ultra (full syn) after 10k servicing. Idle rpm is 0.6k when warmed up and 1k on cold start.

Brought the car to C&C on 2 ocassions but unable to resolve. The following were done
1) "reupload" the ecu - coz they thought its the setting
2) bled the steering fluid - coz they thought its juz at steering
3) changed 2 engine mounts
C&C also claimed to have checked the connections, plugs and ruled out E.O as problem. (questionable though)

Problem was not there when it was running on 10w40 mineral before 10k. C&C also said it could be due to the strut bars i installed. I thought it was crap coz i installed the bars at 1k and no vibrations were felt back then (from 1k to 14k). I mentioned harmonic balancers to them but they ruled it out coz they say its only a prob for old cars.

Does anyone have similar problems as me? If you do and managed to ractify it, pls share with me or the other forumers.

Im kinda sick of this problem liao. C&C seems quite clueless also. Placed my car on 2 whole days on seperate occasions with them but no help at all. Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Icon_cry

so, what' the outcome now?

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 24th December 2009, 9:56 am

Make sure the cap on the engine block where the EO goes in in tightly screwed-on. No kidding...
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by VAG 24th December 2009, 11:37 am

I encountered once After stopping at red light. The feeling is like you sitting inside a boat. The the car shaking side by side. like someone rocking it at the sides. But it lasted for a while only.

Is this what you feel? Engine vibration on 1.6(sx). C&C not much help Icon_rolleyes
VAG
VAG

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 24th December 2009, 11:47 am

Ya, I too have the same feeling that the car is abit rocking, why is it happening anything wrong wif the car? I thought behind passenger is moving thus causing the car to rock but seems not leh. any advise? Thanks

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 24th December 2009, 12:55 pm

i asked once.. (mine still just 10k) so the mech says mine is ok! (^)*( Shocked
now suspecting as some nice bro pointed out, to change spark plug.. lo.. going to req tat on my next svc.. so can we bring our own spark plug to cc for change during servicing?

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 24th December 2009, 1:06 pm

Change spark plug can really help?

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by lwlty 24th December 2009, 1:46 pm

still warrty go back to CNC easy way ma. if not blow up to news .

B4 blow must check is u fault not ? mean u modfit engine etc

lwlty

Back to top Go down

Post by mkhaidir81 25th December 2009, 9:43 pm

ok bros..

heres the update

I went to an external workshop. problem not solved but situation was slightly improved.the uncle tried his best.

the following were done
1) cleaned trottle body - now acceleration is smooth
2) Engine oil changed - to my HORROR, the E.O was black. yes BLACK! I went C&C for servicing (shell helix fully syn) at 11k. 14k black? Makes me doubt whether they changed it in the first case.

the E.O level was way above the F level all this while. Bloody hell. the buggers at C&C have always said its normal. Well its not! (according to manual, forumers and workshop uncle) This has affected my FC all this while and caused the excess vibration.

So with all that said and done, theres still some slight vibration during idle. I did more research and narrowed down to "PCM upgrade issue" which causes misfire and rough idle. For this must go to agent as they need to use thier global diagnostic software to troubleshoot and update.
http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/general-discussion-for-cars-only-f30/kia-techincal-information-pdf-files-t2288.htm

So for the 3rd time, i will go down to C&C and will personally tell mechanic this. As other things such as plugs, mounts, ECU, etc have been ruled out.

Will update again. If this fails also, then I will juz have to live with it.

mkhaidir81

Back to top Go down

Post by mkhaidir81 25th December 2009, 9:46 pm

Forte899 wrote:Change spark plug can really help?

yes, changing plugs can help. Provided thats the problem. But if plugs are the problem, it would be damn obvious. When moving, the rpm would be unstable and u jerks would be experienced

mkhaidir81

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 25th December 2009, 10:06 pm

jeng... Jeng... JENG!
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 25th December 2009, 10:23 pm

Like that, we all must on the spot draw up the dipstick to check the condition of the oil and the level of the oil.....

My last car agent will give me a list of things they have checked or changed...so I always know what is going on.....

C&C? Not sure.....even checking is a suspect.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 25th December 2009, 10:31 pm

This kind of slipshod work not limited to C&C, lah. Even Nissan and Autolution the same... I found out when I was unable to get an appointment to service the pickup(3-years into ownership) and had to resort to getting the service done by a workshop very familiar to a relative... All the skeletons in the closet were exposed there and then. Thereafter, it was to that workshop all the way. In fact, it was the workshop which prompted me to renew the $86 COE and later, sell my pickup before a major loss of value. They knew the pickup was used as a family car and special care and attention to detail was given during the routine 5000-km service intervals; nary a trace of black smoke from our Little Green ever!

mkhaidir81 wrote:ok bros..

heres the update

I went to an external workshop. problem not solved but situation was slightly improved.the uncle tried his best.

the following were done
1) cleaned trottle body - now acceleration is smooth
2) Engine oil changed - to my HORROR, the E.O was black. yes BLACK! I went C&C for servicing (shell helix fully syn) at 11k. 14k black? Makes me doubt whether they changed it in the first case.

the E.O level was way above the F level all this while. Bloody hell. the buggers at C&C have always said its normal. Well its not! (according to manual, forumers and workshop uncle) This has affected my FC all this while and caused the excess vibration.

So with all that said and done, theres still some slight vibration during idle. I did more research and narrowed down to "PCM upgrade issue" which causes misfire and rough idle. For this must go to agent as they need to use thier global diagnostic software to troubleshoot and update.
http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/general-discussion-for-cars-only-f30/kia-techincal-information-pdf-files-t2288.htm

So for the 3rd time, i will go down to C&C and will personally tell mechanic this. As other things such as plugs, mounts, ECU, etc have been ruled out.

Will update again. If this fails also, then I will juz have to live with it.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by mkhaidir81 31st December 2009, 2:41 pm

i am considering going to Johore NAZA/KIA authorised workshop. They too deal with KIA cars and the price there is way cheaper that C&C at Singapore.

mkhaidir81

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 31st December 2009, 4:05 pm

Keep us updated, Bro!
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 31st December 2009, 10:11 pm

mkhaidir81 wrote:i am considering going to Johore NAZA/KIA authorised workshop. They too deal with KIA cars and the price there is way cheaper that C&C at Singapore.

i think its called Ming Hong

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by lwlty 1st January 2010, 1:52 am

to JB still under warrty?

lwlty

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 1st January 2010, 10:45 am

Think so here too gonna check at jb more often.. thinking since they started with forte program... parts should be good..
but how this affect our warranty...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down