Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad

+15
jimixer
Dark Knight
GPon
NiVleK
geraldtay
dandeana21
kapitan
KURO
Guardian
Juz@kid
Fortessimo
psionix
Daniel^Bigcow
daleo
keigo
19 posters

Go down

Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Empty Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad

Post by keigo 28th January 2010, 10:12 am

keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Empty Re: Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad

Post by daleo 28th January 2010, 10:23 am

Yet another incredible product by Apple.

Impressive! thumbsup
daleo
daleo

Back to top Go down

Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Empty Re: Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 28th January 2010, 10:41 am

Yeah but iPad can make calls?? Hahaha!! Can you imagine putting that oversized iPhone beside you and making a call?? Hahahaha!! :-)

Actually its almost the same technology as the iPhone I would think. Just everything is bigger. Dun think anything that special what rite?? :-)

Last time everybody trying to make everything smaller, now Apple went and did it the other way round, make it bigger!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 28th January 2010, 11:04 am

Daniel^Bigcow wrote:Yeah but iPad can make calls?? Hahaha!! Can you imagine putting that oversized iPhone beside you and making a call?? Hahahaha!! :-)

Actually its almost the same technology as the iPhone I would think. Just everything is bigger. Dun think anything that special what rite?? :-)

Last time everybody trying to make everything smaller, now Apple went and did it the other way round, make it bigger!! :-)

ya almost like an iPod touch to be correct.. cause it does not have phone function..

what I see the future of iPad is...

Laptop/PC is more of use when you want to do your work e.g. photo edit, typing word doc etcs...

But when come to none work relate e.g. surf net, msn, watch movie which we use it 80% of our time... iPad come in handy, you can now enjoy just take and walk around with the iPad instead of the bulky laptop.

Watch movie, play game, surf net, msn etcs all at your figure tip... carry it around at home and no problem bringing it out too...

So iPad will fill in the gap where laptop can't due to it bulkiness... Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Icon_biggrin

I can't wait to get my hand on one...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by psionix 28th January 2010, 11:20 am

With no USB and Flash support, it is still not a complete netbook killer yet.

for laughs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFNQE_TzQNI&feature=player_embedded

Apple will intro a stylus to use with the iPad soon, aptly named iTampon.

psionix

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortessimo 28th January 2010, 11:22 am

Hmm...not really a very nice name for this device. iPad....sounds like something a lady uses every mth. Haha.
Fortessimo
Fortessimo

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 28th January 2010, 11:28 am

lolz.. ya that's what I thought when saw the name...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 28th January 2010, 12:34 pm

Nice... thumbsup
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by daleo 28th January 2010, 12:37 pm

The long-awaited iPad has a 9.7-inch (24.6-centimeter) color screen and resembles an oversized iPhone. It is 0.5 inches (1.3 cms) thick, weighs 1.5 pounds (0.7 kgs) and comes with 16, 32, or 64 gigabytes of flash memory.

The cheapest iPad model, with Wi-Fi connectivity and 16GB of memory, is 499 dollars while the most expensive -- which includes 3G connectivity and 64GB of memory -- costs 829 dollars.

499 is Singapore or US$??
Even at 499 US$ is around $700 Singapore.
Which imo is a good price.
daleo
daleo

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 28th January 2010, 12:39 pm

It's in USD...
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 28th January 2010, 12:42 pm

psionix wrote:With no USB and Flash support, it is still not a complete netbook killer yet.

for laughs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFNQE_TzQNI&feature=player_embedded

Apple will intro a stylus to use with the iPad soon, aptly named iTampon.

apple will oso launch a screen protector call...

ICondom.... Twisted Evil
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guardian 28th January 2010, 5:39 pm

Nice... What next? iPhone 4G
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by KURO 28th January 2010, 5:47 pm

Im a mac user and using a macbook 13" and an iphone 3g. Seeing this Ipad announcement was like meh. Another toy for people with dispensable income. It lacks too many features I wanted. No USB and FLASH. sheeesh. Waiting for the June apple event rumored to be showing the new iphone.
KURO
KURO

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 28th January 2010, 6:01 pm

devilsheaven wrote:Im a mac user and using a macbook 13" and an iphone 3g. Seeing this Ipad announcement was like meh. Another toy for people with dispensable income. It lacks too many features I wanted. No USB and FLASH. sheeesh. Waiting for the June apple event rumored to be showing the new iphone.

you have to understand what in mind that apple see...

E.g if the iPad come with full feature like USB, full osx, FireWire, mini dvi port etcs

then we will have people post why would I need iPad when I have a MacBook air or MacBook pro etcs they are the same and u can also carry them around etcs all sort of execuse.

But u forgot to see the most impt thing apple see.. The battery juice, they want aomething portable and yet last long hours and the only way to achieve that with current battery technologhy is to scale down the hardware and that will left with iPhone design which make real sense...

It allow user to use a computer for most of the work like net surfing, email, simple word processing, view photo, play games, watch video

it's that already achieve 80% plus of current usage of today use.

I already consider that iPad direction is right and there will be more to see the sucres of it.

Samething like iPhone is lauch and everyone complaining of the keyboard issues and look at just 2yrs plus iPhone is a big success.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 28th January 2010, 6:05 pm

Also as a apple user does not mean anythig..

I can tell you till date still got lots of users claiming win 7 run faster and better then OSX

all these are excuse and u would not see the main point untill u open your mind to it....

It does not mean to be latest tech then claim to be the best

Sorry I'm nit targeting u just saying out as a general so no offend Smile

Last edited by keigo on 28th January 2010, 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 28th January 2010, 6:06 pm

This is something which I like to have, not a need, but a want..... maybe wait for second generation, when they built a USB port so that work can be save into an iTampon and be transferred to a work pc for printing...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by psionix 28th January 2010, 8:06 pm

I am not a regular Apple supporter.

I would really consider getting the iPad if only they support flash. I mean, common, most sites nowadays are flash sites!

I wanna watch Youtube thru the Safari, not another app.

psionix

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 28th January 2010, 8:13 pm

psionix wrote:I am not a regular Apple supporter.

I would really consider getting the iPad if only they support flash. I mean, common, most sites nowadays are flash sites!

I wanna watch Youtube thru the Safari, not another app.

err why not through the YouTube app???
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by psionix 28th January 2010, 8:15 pm

haha good question Keigo...

Just an example la. If no choice suck thumb still must use app loh.

psionix

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 28th January 2010, 8:37 pm

well agree flash support is good to have... but so far still ok most of the site I visit dont really run on flash....
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 28th January 2010, 8:51 pm

Well it doesn't take to be an Apple user to use Apple products. Similarly for windows.. Last time maybe there's such labelling as windows users and apple users.. But time change lor... As long they Create something that no other computer giants hv created, I find dat Apple has done a great job in creativity and definitely to mention their marketing tactics.... I'm a heavy windows user but I can say dat Mac is fantastic in terms of graphics as well as security coz of it's base OS.. Consumers now target for stuffs that meet their needs and wants...

Last edited by dandeana21 on 28th January 2010, 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More lor sor...)
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by geraldtay 28th January 2010, 8:53 pm

Looks pretty cool.

But honestly, I dont even have much time to use my laptop, unless I'm at home, probably much less this new toy if I ever do get it.
geraldtay
geraldtay

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 28th January 2010, 10:06 pm

I am an apple user. Imac, iphone, time capsules, ipod, iphone, macbook pro, etc.

Ipad? On my list of to be purchase items already. Waiting for the 64GB Wif + 3G version to launch in Singapore. Wonder how to use the 3G since it uses a microsim thing... hmmmm
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 28th January 2010, 10:10 pm

I might be asking my fren to get for me in USA in March/April.. cannot wait for it to arrive in SG which is June..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 28th January 2010, 10:38 pm

keigo wrote:I might be asking my fren to get for me in USA in March/April.. cannot wait for it to arrive in SG which is June..

was thinking about this option also.

But the 3G option thing...need to confirm with local telecos.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 28th January 2010, 10:38 pm

good.. good.. like dat can use urs as test machine....
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by GPon 28th January 2010, 11:02 pm

imagine a gigantic screen for GPS if mounted in our ride Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Affraid ....

WE WILL NEVER LOST OUR WAY Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Icon_cheers
GPon
GPon

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 28th January 2010, 11:30 pm

well here is what i read in the web about how to tranform normal sim to mirco...

Some outlets are suggesting that Apple's adoption
of the micro SIM for the iPad is a way of controlling which carriers
can be used with the new tablet. Nonsense!

/* */

/* */

var sc_project=4176767;
var sc_invisible=1;
var sc_partition=48;
var sc_click_stat=1;
var sc_security="19db7756";

class="statcounter">Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad 1

First things first: a SIM is a Subscriber Identity Module, a
small chip that, well, identifies the account associated with the phone
or other device.

Yes, the 3G-enabled version of the iPad does use the relatively new micro SIM format, but that's no big deal.

The contacts and the chip remain unchanged - the only difference is that there's less plastic surrounding the chip.

So
even if your preferred carrier can't immediately provide you with a
micro SIM, all you need to do is trim a regular SIM to the new
dimensions. Yes, I know that's not something everyone will be prepared
to do - the point is that it's just a mechanical change.

And
it's not as if micro SIM is something brand-stinking-new: at least some
of the SIM connectors used in existing products were designed to accept
either a 'normal' SIM or a micro SIM.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight 29th January 2010, 12:15 am

swee!! will wait for Spore to launch then buy (if the price is right la) meanwhile will wait for Keigo to be the ipad 1st reviewer. Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Fresse
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 29th January 2010, 12:54 am

An idea for our DIY Kings here...
how abt a project to integrate the iPad into Forte/Koup?

That will be a nice In-Car-Entertainment leh! Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Icon_cool
Then we can call our ride iForte/iKoup!! Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Icon_lol
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by ahd0t 29th January 2010, 11:07 am

quoting my cousin who is also a forte driver, "Apple is so clever... They dont top the market with its technology... It top the market with its branding/design..."

so damn true.. so don't expect it to have the fastest processor, flash support, best graphic card etc etc in an apple product..
ahd0t
ahd0t

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 29th January 2010, 11:18 am

how to have the fastest processor, graphic card,hardware stuff where tomorrow there is another new faster hardware been developed.

And if everything the fastest, what you think the price tag will be, will you pay that kind of price just to get everything the fastest and you only use 10% of it only?

There is a quote from Steve Job -

"You can't just ask customers
what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get
it built, they'll want something new."
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 29th January 2010, 12:10 pm

keigo wrote:well here is what i read in the web about how to tranform normal sim to mirco...

Some outlets are suggesting that Apple's adoption
of the micro SIM for the iPad is a way of controlling which carriers
can be used with the new tablet. Nonsense!

/* */

/* */

var sc_project=4176767;
var sc_invisible=1;
var sc_partition=48;
var sc_click_stat=1;
var sc_security="19db7756";

class="statcounter">Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad 1

First things first: a SIM is a Subscriber Identity Module, a
small chip that, well, identifies the account associated with the phone
or other device.

Yes, the 3G-enabled version of the iPad does use the relatively new micro SIM format, but that's no big deal.

The contacts and the chip remain unchanged - the only difference is that there's less plastic surrounding the chip.

So
even if your preferred carrier can't immediately provide you with a
micro SIM, all you need to do is trim a regular SIM to the new
dimensions. Yes, I know that's not something everyone will be prepared
to do - the point is that it's just a mechanical change.

And
it's not as if micro SIM is something brand-stinking-new: at least some
of the SIM connectors used in existing products were designed to accept
either a 'normal' SIM or a micro SIM.

As far as I know, this is not possible? Anyway, have to wait for the device to be released and check again.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by banz86 29th January 2010, 12:51 pm

I really want it man... After using apple products, i find that they are of really good build and their software is really power.

banz86

Back to top Go down

Post by shawnseah82 29th January 2010, 12:59 pm

Dark Knight wrote:swee!! will wait for Spore to launch then buy (if the price is right la) meanwhile will wait for Keigo to be the ipad 1st reviewer. Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Fresse
Event coming up on IT shown march location and time???. Hope by the time already arrived in singapore and the price too.
shawnseah82
shawnseah82

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 29th January 2010, 1:31 pm

shawnseah82 wrote:
Dark Knight wrote:swee!! will wait for Spore to launch then buy (if the price is right la) meanwhile will wait for Keigo to be the ipad 1st reviewer. Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Fresse
Event coming up on IT shown march location and time???. Hope by the time already arrived in singapore and the price too.

60 days for wifi version which is around April/May

90 days for wifi+3G version which is around May/June
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 29th January 2010, 2:04 pm

A CNet blogger just pointed out that the iPad sounded so familiar from an American TV show in 2006. Here's the link to the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsjU0K8QPhs&feature=player_embedded#

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 1st February 2010, 4:14 pm

Some funny photo to share for the iPad...

Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Apple4

Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad IPadnano

Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Apple3

Time to throw iPhone away and switch to iPad Apple2
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 1st February 2010, 5:21 pm

Buay tahan the P.S. portion on the letter to Apple...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down