Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
dissapointed...haiz.. Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
dissapointed...haiz.. Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
dissapointed...haiz.. Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
dissapointed...haiz.. Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
dissapointed...haiz.. Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
dissapointed...haiz.. Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
dissapointed...haiz.. Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
dissapointed...haiz.. Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
dissapointed...haiz.. Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

dissapointed...haiz..

+10
longbow
alo
NiVleK
godspeedyou
Siaoster
darksoul
jeRrRKKKK
Potatoes
Divine
Siao_Liao
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

dissapointed...haiz.. Empty dissapointed...haiz..

Post by Siao_Liao 19th March 2010, 4:28 pm

Today i stress my Koup after 3 weeks of running in. Here is the result.

Entering expressway, Traction control off. launching start. Feel good...car responding fast. Red Line RPM for every gear changed. so far so gd, spotted opportunity, try top speed, up till 140km/h still ok, needle going up fast, altough i cannot feel the G force. From 140 onwards, engine seem to be panting for breath. need extra effort to climb..ok, corner approaching, drop to 4th gear, car enter corner, min oversteer...i am impressed. deeper into corner, suddenly feel that the whole car is unstable. Car begin to wobble, gona get out of control. tap my brake, car wobble again. manage to exit corner safely. Getting super puzzled by this whole incident, decided to try again. Car ramp up to 130km/h, entering corner, apply a bit heel-toe and went in. same situation occured! car wobble, need to tap brake to gain back stabaility.

Very dissaponting. Car feel bulky during top speed trial. Cornering is scary.

BUt overall, i still like it. Ultimately, i have to admit, its a point A to point B ride. Crying or Very sad

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

dissapointed...haiz.. Empty Re: dissapointed...haiz..

Post by Divine 19th March 2010, 4:37 pm

Siao_Liao wrote:Today i stress my Koup after 3 weeks of running in. Here is the result.

Entering expressway, Traction control off. launching start. Feel good...car responding fast. Red Line RPM for every gear changed. so far so gd, spotted opportunity, try top speed, up till 140km/h still ok, needle going up fast, altough i cannot feel the G force. From 140 onwards, engine seem to be panting for breath. need extra effort to climb..ok, corner approaching, drop to 4th gear, car enter corner, min oversteer...i am impressed. deeper into corner, suddenly feel that the whole car is unstable. Car begin to wobble, gona get out of control. tap my brake, car wobble again. manage to exit corner safely. Getting super puzzled by this whole incident, decided to try again. Car ramp up to 130km/h, entering corner, apply a bit heel-toe and went in. same situation occured! car wobble, need to tap brake to gain back stabaility.

BUt overall, i still like it. Ultimately, i have to admit, its a point A to point B ride. Crying or Very sad

bro u need coilovers.. lolx stock shock u cup corner at 140? lolx of cos wobble la... u need bars man more bars lolx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 19th March 2010, 4:43 pm

Divine wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:Today i stress my Koup after 3 weeks of running in. Here is the result.

bro u need coilovers.. lolx stock shock u cup corner at 140? lolx of cos wobble la... u need bars man more bars

lolx

haha..my last time EG, with stock absorber + lower spring (not forgetting abit chui liao) can do cornering at 140km/h. No sweat man. I do it with stock rex, rx-8, no problem. Maybe i just too overly proud with my koup and thought it is an apple to apple. damn it..but...nvm..i still choose apperance over everything else! wahahaha..

Last edited by Siao_Liao on 19th March 2010, 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 19th March 2010, 4:44 pm

Did u install Strut bars? It helps in cornering.... BTW at what speed did u do your cornering?
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 19th March 2010, 4:48 pm

Potatoes wrote:Did u install Strut bars? It helps in cornering.... BTW at what speed did u do your cornering?

i was going on top speed, maybe 150 before approaching corner...so drop gear, i think shld be 130 to 140.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 19th March 2010, 4:51 pm

Potatoes wrote:Did u install Strut bars? It helps in cornering.... BTW at what speed did u do your cornering?

and i didn't bother to follow APEX line...i just let the centrifugal force go all over me..cos i wana test how much side force can the koup endure without breakage. But i think really not to the sport standard.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 19th March 2010, 5:04 pm

manual 4th gear at 130km/h would mean you have to continue stepping on the accelerator otherwise you will suffer a great drop in speed round the corner

probably this is why the car wobbles - your foot might not be applying the same pressure on the accelerator as you experience the g-force
try remaining on 5th gear and ease off the accelerator while going round the corner

btw don't know how deep your corner is, but i've tried 90 degree turns at 50km/h and other than a heck of tire sounds i'm able to remain stable
i've also driven at 130km/h round expressway turns too and no issues, never like to go above 110km/h with p plate on singapore roads

also you might wanna leave traction control on too, it helps with tire spin

Last edited by jeRrRKKKK on 19th March 2010, 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 19th March 2010, 5:07 pm

The Koup is not really the standard Coupe .... I believe it does not meet the specification .... a Forte Koup is just cosmetics.... wat do u expect to get from one that is less than $70K?
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 19th March 2010, 5:08 pm

btw koup's seats are horrible, they don't hug you like sports seats do
that might make the car feel more unstable than it really is

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 19th March 2010, 5:09 pm

Potatoes wrote:The Koup is not really the standard Coupe .... I believe it does not meet the specification .... a Forte Koup is just cosmetics.... wat do u expect to get from one that is less than $70K?

even picanto can hit 140km/h round corners
TS is talking about stability round corners not speed or performance so it has nothing to do with specifications at all
also overseas they have 2.4L koup, i'm sure that'd be enough to meet your specification

but how well it goes round corners will remain the same even if i dumped a v12 engine into your koup

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 19th March 2010, 5:11 pm

jeRrRKKKK wrote:manual 4th gear at 130km/h would mean you have to continue stepping on the accelerator otherwise you will suffer a great drop in speed round the corner

probably this is why the car wobbles - your foot might not be applying the same pressure on the accelerator as you experience the g-force
try remaining on 5th gear and ease off the accelerator while going round the corner

btw don't know how deep your corner is, but i've tried 90 degree turns at 50km/h and other than a heck of tire sounds i'm able to remain stable
i've also driven at 130km/h round expressway turns too and no issues, never like to go above 110km/h with p plate on singapore roads

bro...when approaching corner, if u wan go in stable and go out fast, u can nv remain in the same gear (in this case, 5th gear). u will nt have enuff torque to exit out the corners fast and u will encounter max oversteer if u do it in this way. If you are a track freak, you would know what i mean. Normally, u apply heel-toe and downshift before going into every corners.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 19th March 2010, 5:12 pm

Siao_Liao wrote:
Divine wrote:

bro u need coilovers.. lolx stock shock u cup corner at 140? lolx of cos wobble la... u need bars man more bars

lolx

haha..my last time EG, with stock absorber + lower spring (not forgetting abit chui liao) can do cornering at 140km/h. No sweat man. I do it with stock rex, rx-8, no problem. Maybe i just too overly proud with my koup and thought it is an apple to apple. damn it..but...nvm..i still choose apperance over everything else! wahahaha..

bro ur EG chassis and body height how low? lolx even i dun put shocks in my forte i think ur stock EG still lower then the forte lolx where got same lolx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 19th March 2010, 5:14 pm

Siao_Liao wrote:
jeRrRKKKK wrote:manual 4th gear at 130km/h would mean you have to continue stepping on the accelerator otherwise you will suffer a great drop in speed round the corner

bro...when approaching corner, if u wan go in stable and go out fast, u can nv remain in the same gear (in this case, 5th gear). u will nt have enuff torque to exit out the corners fast and u will encounter max oversteer if u do it in this way. If you are a track freak, you would know what i mean. Normally, u apply heel-toe and downshift before going into every corners.

my bad, thought he was just trying to go round a small bend at high speed

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 19th March 2010, 5:15 pm

Potatoes wrote:The Koup is not really the standard Coupe .... I believe it does not meet the specification .... a Forte Koup is just cosmetics.... wat do u expect to get from one that is less than $70K?

thats what i said. I expect too much. Please dun interprete this thread as a thread to comdem the koup. I doesn't mean that in the first place. Dun get too agitated pls.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 19th March 2010, 5:18 pm

Divine wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:
Divine wrote:

lolx

bro ur EG chassis and body height how low? lolx even i dun put shocks in my forte i think ur stock EG still lower then the forte lolx where got same lolx

ehhh...true la...u haf a point here..lol..i think i shld take it easy during conering untill i decide to void my warranty and change coil over. wahaha

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 19th March 2010, 5:20 pm

Siao_Liao wrote:

thats what i said. I expect too much. Please dun interprete this thread as a thread to comdem the koup. I doesn't mean that in the first place. Dun get too agitated pls.

hiakz, you'll find such comments everywhere
people just can't accept a sporty looking car that isn't a supercar

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 19th March 2010, 5:24 pm

jeRrRKKKK wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

hiakz, you'll find such comments everywhere
people just can't accept a sporty looking car that isn't a supercar

bro..chill pls...dun get too personal. I am starting this thread just to share about the KOUP performance and my thoughts and to discuss with bros here about the pros and cons. SO pls...

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by darksoul 19th March 2010, 5:54 pm

if corner cannot then go off road lo forte confirm can go tested proven koup haven tried

darksoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 19th March 2010, 5:58 pm

darksoul wrote:if corner cannot then go off road lo forte confirm can go tested proven koup haven tried

off road? u mean track or really off road? haha...i planning to take it to PG soon. Anyone Koupians wana go together? i can organise it. no problem..

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 19th March 2010, 6:06 pm

Siao_Liao wrote:
darksoul wrote:if corner cannot then go off road lo forte confirm can go tested proven koup haven tried

off road? u mean track or really off road? haha...i planning to take it to PG soon. Anyone Koupians wana go together? i can organise it. no problem..

I think joeskatealot will be damn interested if u were to organise a track day dissapointed...haiz.. Fresse
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 19th March 2010, 6:12 pm

Siaoster wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

I think joeskatealot will be damn interested if u were to organise a track day dissapointed...haiz.. Fresse

lol...well..mai tu liao...see the respond first.

KOUP PG Track day
Time: TBC
Date: TBC

1) Siao_Liao

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 19th March 2010, 6:15 pm

Siao_Liao wrote:
Siaoster wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

KOUP PG Track day

1) Siao_Liao

eh bro open a new thread in the Meetup Section lah gaahah don so excited dissapointed...haiz.. 332362
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by godspeedyou 20th March 2010, 10:58 pm

I mean if 70k can do so much, the performance cars no business liao. Point A to B really good, above 140km/h, engine sibeh char. But considering the price I pay, I get peanuts is reasonable. Don't buy a pack of milk and expect free cookies to come along, IMHO.
godspeedyou
godspeedyou

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 20th March 2010, 11:20 pm

I am worried for other motorist on the road.

Hope no innocent ppl gets killed.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by alo 21st March 2010, 12:00 am

NiVleK wrote:I am worried for other motorist on the road.

exactly.. i am not too sure who wise it is for someone to try this on the road where it can be potentially hazardous to OTHER users.. such stunts are better kept to the track..
alo
alo

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 21st March 2010, 4:53 am

wah ts ballz of steel lol
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 22nd March 2010, 10:19 am

yawnz...knn...come out a thread to discuss about cars...say this say that...cmon la...of coz i am accessing the road condition...pls la..dun cum in and tell me all about drive saftely bla bla bla...u dun speed in ur life time??? u always abide to 50km/h in small road and 90km/h in expressway..??? dun just come in and be a saint la...but well...what to do...thats forum. get sick of it. no more participating in it. shoot watever u like...*shake head* buai ta han...

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by medico 22nd March 2010, 11:56 am

Ok, no lectures about speeding on public roads.
But as your car seems to have a problem with the wheel alignment or other suspension issue, how can you expect it to corner as well as it should??

medico

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 22nd March 2010, 1:14 pm

as an innocent pedestrian, i think you should mind your own business

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 22nd March 2010, 1:16 pm

Siao_Liao wrote:
Siaoster wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

KOUP PG Track day

1) Siao_Liao

2 - jeRk
but i wont be driving Smile

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 22nd March 2010, 1:28 pm

Siao_Liao wrote:
Siaoster wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

KOUP PG Track day

1) Siao_Liao

only koup can go???????
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 22nd March 2010, 1:43 pm

jeRrRKKKK wrote:

as an innocent forum member, i think you should think how to phrase your sentence before you do your posting dissapointed...haiz.. Icon_wink
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 22nd March 2010, 2:44 pm

medico wrote:Ok, no lectures about speeding on public roads.
But as your car seems to have a problem with the wheel alignment or other suspension issue, how can you expect it to corner as well as it should??

true also...think i shld get it repaired first...

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 22nd March 2010, 2:45 pm

Divine wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:
Siaoster wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

KOUP PG Track day

1) Siao_Liao

only koup can go???????

lol...of cos not!! free to join man!

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 22nd March 2010, 2:50 pm

jeRrRKKKK wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:
Siaoster wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

KOUP PG Track day

1) Siao_Liao

2 - jeRk

then u go for??? and how are u going there? public transport? dissapointed...haiz.. Icon_eek

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 22nd March 2010, 3:39 pm

Siao_Liao wrote:
jeRrRKKKK wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:
Siaoster wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

KOUP PG Track day

1) Siao_Liao

2 - jeRk

then u go for??? and how are u going there? public transport? dissapointed...haiz.. Icon_eek

i'll drive there to watch you track your koup Smile

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 22nd March 2010, 3:41 pm

jeRrRKKKK wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:
jeRrRKKKK wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:
Siaoster wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

KOUP PG Track day

1) Siao_Liao

2 - jeRk

i'll drive there to watch you track your koup Smile

then say u wun be driving??? dissapointed...haiz.. Confused

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 22nd March 2010, 3:44 pm

i meant not on the track
anyway which track do you intend to go to?
seems like not many people are interested to see how well koup performs when unleashed

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 22nd March 2010, 3:50 pm

jeRrRKKKK wrote:i meant not on the track
anyway which track do you intend to go to?
seems like not many people are interested to see how well koup performs when unleashed

PG ba...cant possible bring u all go Sepang...ultimately its the first track day. So take it easy man...

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by VAG 22nd March 2010, 3:59 pm

You try install camber kit, my stock one also wobble when high speed cornering, now I drop gear when corning is more stable. dissapointed...haiz.. Icon_study
VAG
VAG

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 22nd March 2010, 4:03 pm

VAG wrote:now I drop gear when corning is more stable. dissapointed...haiz.. Icon_study

thats the correct technique...do it more often to become use to it...its a gd practise...

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by cboonh 22nd March 2010, 4:52 pm

woah! quite exciting hor, cornering at 140km/hr! zaiii~! Remember to be more careful in the mscp tho. Smile
cboonh
cboonh

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 22nd March 2010, 4:59 pm

cboonh wrote:woah! quite exciting hor, cornering at 140km/hr! zaiii~! Remember to be more careful in the mscp tho. Smile

dissapointed...haiz.. Icon_eek dissapointed...haiz.. Icon_eek dissapointed...haiz.. Icon_eek dissapointed...haiz.. 256379

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 22nd March 2010, 5:01 pm

Siao_Liao wrote:
cboonh wrote:woah! quite exciting hor, cornering at 140km/hr! zaiii~! Remember to be more careful in the mscp tho. Smile

dissapointed...haiz.. Icon_eek dissapointed...haiz.. Icon_eek dissapointed...haiz.. Icon_eek dissapointed...haiz.. 256379

so that guy koup total lost? lolx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 22nd March 2010, 5:17 pm

only koup can go ah?
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 22nd March 2010, 5:19 pm

woops, pa jiao already sorry.

KOUP PG Track day

1) Siao_Liao
2) longbow
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 22nd March 2010, 5:23 pm

Got this from the PG webby...

SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR TRACK RENTAL

CARS

Minimum safety requirement for track hirer to practice on the track.

1. Approved crash helmet is compulsory.

2. Wearing of shorts during practice is not allowed.

3. It is compulsory for track hirers to wear shoes during practice session.

* Passengers are required to sign indemnity and must wear helmet.

* Passengers are allowed only for 3 laps.

* Children aged 12 and below are not allowed to be a passenger.
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 22nd March 2010, 5:46 pm

longbow wrote:Got this from the PG webby...

SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR TRACK RENTAL

CARS

Minimum safety requirement for track hirer to practice on the track.

1. Approved crash helmet is compulsory.

2. Wearing of shorts during practice is not allowed.

3. It is compulsory for track hirers to wear shoes during practice session.

* Passengers are required to sign indemnity and must wear helmet.

* Passengers are allowed only for 3 laps.

* Children aged 12 and below are not allowed to be a passenger.

yup...pls bring helmet...will let u guys know about what atrire to wear at a later date if only we can confirm...

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 22nd March 2010, 7:14 pm

jeRrRKKKK wrote:

You are back?

Of cos you are not worried. Since you can crash a koup that bad in a MSCP. Of course, assuming that it is real and you do own a koup before.

Else, it's all just words.

Then again, I still stand by my words. Hope no innocent gets killed for stunts on the public road.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by rttex 23rd March 2010, 8:40 am

The torsion beam rear suspension does it no favour. The Koup is a decent handler but a great one it is not. For corners of 140km/h, the only place to do it is in a controlled environment.

rttex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next