Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

The 'Why stock is best' thread.

+23
lukester
kevinhwc
andikong
Daniel^Bigcow
crazyfox
kapitan
greatgazoo
aural
jimixer
joA
ace
impact2001
The Blue Cruiser
JuanST
rickong
viper007
joepele
SoBeR
Blacks
nightfever
Mac
NiVleK
omg2doors
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The 'Why stock is best' thread.

Post by kevinhwc 29th October 2009, 11:19 am

crazyfox wrote:I travelled from Pasir Ris to Woodlands last night via the PIE/BKE with the fc meter reset to zero before I started out.

Tried to use the qing-gong method and got a 6.0l/100km from car park to car park.

Traffic was moderate and I tried to maintain speed at 80km/h and 90km/h. I realised with the instance FC meter, I can get a good constant speed of slightly above 80km/h with 5l.100km to the pedal. Can get leg cramp doing this because the pressure applied is so slight.

My car is stock!!!!

That's great FC. Mine at almost 2k mileage only got 8.3l/100km so far (in SG). NSE driving clocked 7.6l/100km (before 1k servicing)... stock also.. hm..... maybe not light enough?

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The 'Why stock is best' thread.

Post by lukester 29th October 2009, 12:08 pm

kevinhwc wrote:
crazyfox wrote:I travelled from Pasir Ris to Woodlands last night via the PIE/BKE with the fc meter reset to zero before I started out.

Tried to use the qing-gong method and got a 6.0l/100km from car park to car park.

Traffic was moderate and I tried to maintain speed at 80km/h and 90km/h. I realised with the instance FC meter, I can get a good constant speed of slightly above 80km/h with 5l.100km to the pedal. Can get leg cramp doing this because the pressure applied is so slight.

My car is stock!!!!

That's great FC. Mine at almost 2k mileage only got 8.3l/100km so far (in SG). NSE driving clocked 7.6l/100km (before 1k servicing)... stock also.. hm..... maybe not light enough?

aiyah this kind of FC 8.3l is very good liao.

unless u wanna compare with Fit or something small.

8.3l is equal to 12km/l.

compare to sunny or older cars its very good liao
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 29th October 2009, 12:10 pm

Pegasus wrote:There's a question always on my mind regarding additional 5pt/6pt grounding. If it does improve the electricals, why it's not factory-fitted? The cost of the cables are not that expensive. The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Icon_question

Cos factory wanna save every single cent they can...

ace wrote:I called them Magic Stones...The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes...haha...according to the punchline, they "cure all ailments" you have in your electrical system... The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 SuspectThe 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Suspect They make Hercules out of your car.

Ha ha... Expectations need to be realistic oso lah... I believe most of the long-standing enhancement gadget works... Only question is to what extend do they work AND your personal justification if you are willing to part with your money for that extend... For example, we know changing air-filter allows better air-intake and give a slight (subjective) boost in engine performance... But someone may think, ya, it is not really tt expensive (compare with other mods) and it makes the engine perform a tat better... Why not? Another may think, if performance is of primary concern, then should go for a performance car...

At the end of day, man are insatiable... we always want "a little bit more!" The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Icon_razz
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 29th October 2009, 12:58 pm

I think sometimes it is best to read those childhood stories and ponder about the meaning.

No offences intended here....just analogy to illustrate the points.

The Princess and the Pea.... some of us obviously can feel the improvement after the mod. Good for them...

The Emperor New Clothes.....a kind of placebo effect...the improvement is scientifically not there...but think it's there.

Than of course there is cosmetics used mostly by the fairer gender....They do enhance the looks of the ladies who use it.....but overuse it and you look funny...The bling bling car...oops..

Anyway... it's your car and your money....if you want to bling, bling loh....you want to give money to someone, give loh.....you happy can already... The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 612380

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 29th October 2009, 1:18 pm

lukester wrote:
kevinhwc wrote:

My car is stock!!!!

8.3l is equal to 12km/l.

Oh, 1st time owner here so know nuts about what's the average FC for forte... I was thinking it would go to 7+l/100km... heheh The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Icon_razz

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 29th October 2009, 1:48 pm

kevinhwc wrote:
lukester wrote:
kevinhwc wrote:

My car is stock!!!!

8.3l is equal to 12km/l.

Oh, 1st time owner here so know nuts about what's the average FC for forte... I was thinking it would go to 7+l/100km... heheh The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Icon_razz

Oh no worries la.

but its possible to get 7.1 to 7.3l/100km on stock (SX/Auto). I did before, had to be on highway most of the time.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 29th October 2009, 1:57 pm

mine 100% stock too.. now clocking 5000+ then could achieve 7.6l/100km.. (for the past 2 wks..)
new tank just pump on sun now already at 8.2l/100km...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 29th October 2009, 2:12 pm

FriesL wrote:mine 100% stock too.. now clocking 5000+ then could achieve 7.6l/100km.. (for the past 2 wks..)
new tank just pump on sun now already at 8.2l/100km...

weekday driving i can get 7.8L/100Km but during weekends when i become the family driver ... always goes to 9.3L/100km The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Icon_sad
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 29th October 2009, 2:22 pm

i drive too many MSCP liao, esp novena square, up down the ramp very shiong on FC
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyfox 29th October 2009, 6:04 pm

ace wrote:I think sometimes it is best to read those childhood stories and ponder about the meaning.

No offences intended here....just analogy to illustrate the points.

The Princess and the Pea.... some of us obviously can feel the improvement after the mod. Good for them...

The Emperor New Clothes.....a kind of placebo effect...the improvement is scientifically not there...but think it's there.

Than of course there is cosmetics used mostly by the fairer gender....They do enhance the looks of the ladies who use it.....but overuse it and you look funny...The bling bling car...oops..

Anyway... it's your car and your money....if you want to bling, bling loh....you want to give money to someone, give loh.....you happy can already... The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 612380

This is a good childhood tale. I didnt know you can learn so much from it.
crazyfox
crazyfox

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 2nd November 2009, 8:40 pm

if the car is not fast or sports car, there's no point making it sporty looking right? anyone here share this view?

cos i'm trying to justify not spending too much on exterior mods also. trying to prevent myself from changing rim or grille cos it'll make the car sporty and then it's non stop again trying to mod the look....
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyfox 2nd November 2009, 9:31 pm

Agree with you omg2doors.

But look still important. So must gloom a little to reflect personality.
crazyfox
crazyfox

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 2nd November 2009, 9:43 pm

what are some ways to make it shouts ME but not to make it sporty?
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 2nd November 2009, 11:54 pm

Making it look sporty is one thing... quite achievable IMHO...

But making it fast... that's something else...

The amounts of mods required... will prob be more cost eff if we were to change the car altogether...
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 3rd November 2009, 8:21 am

omg2doors wrote:what are some ways to make it shouts ME but not to make it sporty?

spraypaint/sticker ur photo or family photo on the hood and sides? The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Lol
or u can put decals of ur school or ur varsity groups....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 3rd November 2009, 8:39 am

JuanST wrote:
omg2doors wrote:what are some ways to make it shouts ME but not to make it sporty?

spraypaint/sticker ur photo or family photo on the hood and sides? The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Lol
or u can put decals of ur school or ur varsity groups....

ok.....

I admit... I've got an OBA sticker on my car...

The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Lol The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Lol The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Lol The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Icon_rr The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Icon_rr The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Icon_rr
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 3rd November 2009, 9:10 am

If remain in Stock Condition is more easy to sell off. Ask yourself will you buy those 2nd hand car that mod till dun know like what car and those mod untill like what also may whack untill likw what! The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Affraid
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 6th November 2009, 8:37 am

andikong wrote:
Daniel^Bigcow wrote:
crazyfox wrote:I only know that stock is best because....

I had no money for mods.

I like this comment!!! Excellent!! Hahaha!! :-)

Aiyoh!! Stock or not!! Mod or not!! Depends on individuals!! :-)

Like for me, some cars I see with mods, what I can see lah, look really ugly. Some look really nice. Ohh I not talking about fortes. :-)

Dunno. Hehehe!! I feel that cars like Merc or Volvos, if your BK too much, look very funny. Hahaha. :-) unless you dun consider BK a mod, then sorry just wasted a few seconds of your time. Hahahaha!! :-)

D*mn it!! Looks like I wont have the most stock looking or stock Forte already!! Hahaha!! :-)

My Forte is a real stock car and The 'Why stock is best' thread. - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
have to admit too old to do any mod. Bro ...Yr Hair Rock Style n Best Mod in yr Forte with U inside.... thumbsup
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2