Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore

+20
BluZon
pessimizt
impact2001
luvxiaobeng
melburn
kysoong
tiny
aural
junming
karabi
Zeed
NiVleK
Hello Kitty
omg2doors
ace
Daniel^Bigcow
kei66
JuanST
duncton
lukester
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Empty Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore

Post by lukester 2nd November 2009, 4:10 pm

Sorry, suddenly had the Chicken Rice craving because getting cold, and starting to rain soon, very hungry.

was wondering if anyone can recommend nice Chicken rice?

So since the most common stable food in SG is Chicken rice, share we start a consolidation for Forteians? Maybe next time MU can meet at chicken rice stall.

I hope I won't start a new wave of Chicken rice war.

1) Toa Payoh near (Next to Courts)
2) Far East plaza th floor (goes really well with Salted veg duck soup.)
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Empty Re: Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore

Post by duncton 2nd November 2009, 4:18 pm

I've had my share of the usual craves and raves like tian tian, etc I mean they are good still but seems quality is fluctuating or my tastebud has changed a bit due to age or what.

Lately, I have taken a liking to those with less oily rice.

Try the one called Pao Sing at Serangoon Gardens. Rice is fragrant and not oily. But can skip if you dun like hard rice. Coz I really like rice thats got bite and non-mushy...

hungry just thinking of it... Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Icon_razz
duncton
duncton

Back to top Go down

Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Empty Re: Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore

Post by JuanST 2nd November 2009, 4:18 pm

Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice - maxwell food center.... is it still there?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 2nd November 2009, 4:23 pm

yes i think so..

there is one in maxwell quite long Q, i had before but not sure issit tian tian.

ducton, exactly, i am hungry so i am thinking of food...
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by kei66 2nd November 2009, 4:29 pm

i like the chicken rice @ long house Upper thomson..
kei66
kei66

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 2nd November 2009, 4:49 pm

3) Tian Tian (Maxwell)
4) Long house.
5) Kovan market (the sauce is very nice, and chicken very soft)
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 2nd November 2009, 4:56 pm

Boon Tong Kee?? Hahaha!! :-)

Actually I think with chicken rice, the most important thing is the rice. I can eat a packet of chicken rice, just the rice alone, if its really good. :-)

I remember when I was younger, my mum used to buy just the rice from this chicken rice shop/stall in KL to go with our dinners cos back then I was very fussy over food and didnt like eating that much!! Seriously!! Cant tell right from what I look like now?? Hahaha!! :-)

LAst I heard they had to close this shop cos the owner and main cook/chef, died of cancer or was it he chopped off his fingers so didnt wanna sell chicken rice already!! Hahaha!! Cant remember which story is the right one. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 2nd November 2009, 5:00 pm

wah.. so drama, chopped fingers
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 2nd November 2009, 5:06 pm

Wee Nam Kee Chicken Rice (opposite Novena Church) along Thomson Road near Inland Revenue House..

Personally like the soya sauce chicken.....the soup that comes with it is also tasty....probably because of MSG...haha..

I seconded Pau Sing Restaurant in Serangoon Gardens as well.....just have my fill yesterday....its the chicken....soft and tender....and soup too....

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 2nd November 2009, 5:12 pm

Hhahaha!! Yeah remember some story like that!! Hhahaha!! Either that or my mum had to con me so she doesnt need to go try getting that rice anymore!! Hahaha!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 2nd November 2009, 5:17 pm

3) Tian Tian (Maxwell)
4) Long house.
6) Boon Tong Kee
7) Pau Sing restaurant (Serangoon garden, chicken soft an tender, soup too)
8) Wee Nam Kee (Thomson Raod Opp Novena Church, try the soy sauce chicken, and MSG soup)
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 2nd November 2009, 7:30 pm

Bishan coffeeshop (near J8)

Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore 332362
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Kitty 2nd November 2009, 7:47 pm

3) Tian Tian (Maxwell)
4) Long house.
6) Boon Tong Kee
Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Icon_cool Wee Nam Kee (Thomson Raod Opp Novena Church, try the soy sauce chicken, and MSG soup)
8) Boon Keng Mkt... Open dinner time only... u go there u will know which stall cos always long Q
Hello Kitty
Hello Kitty

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 2nd November 2009, 9:58 pm

Potong Pasir Blk 148 Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore 332362

They open from small stall to now a seperate chicken rice shop by itself...
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 2nd November 2009, 10:59 pm

if i am not wrong boon keng and kovan belongs to same company.

but hor, open only dinner meh? last time i work bendemeer, think they open afternoon too.

arhhh... i didnt get my chicken rice tonight.

Sad
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeed 2nd November 2009, 11:04 pm

vivocity, basement. Chicken Rice Shop. Not bad ah bro.
Zeed
Zeed

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 2nd November 2009, 11:28 pm

The chicken rice stall located at the basement of the Golden Mile Food Centre a.k.a Army market. Yum~
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by junming 3rd November 2009, 12:17 am

Bedok south road. Blk 18 market. best in singapore and jb, some say batam
junming
junming

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 3rd November 2009, 12:24 am

You guys prefer white, roasted or fried chicken? Damm.... the more i see this the more i want to eat this.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 3rd November 2009, 12:39 am

I prefer Hainanese White chicken.

Queenstown hawker centre 2nd floor.

Stirling Road Hawker centre 2nd floor (the original one which moved from queenstown)

Chinatown (the one with the long long queues..all others are imposters)

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 3rd November 2009, 10:18 am

karabi wrote:The chicken rice stall located at the basement of the Golden Mile Food Centre a.k.a Army market. Yum~

but very oily le... Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Icon_mad
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 3rd November 2009, 10:31 am

Is that a pink matt finish forte I see??!!

junming dun tell me you.......
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 3rd November 2009, 12:06 pm

Oh what is the chicken rice store at upper thomson?

the one use kampong chicken one, besides UOB bank, near thomson plaza.

that is white hainan chicken rice
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by junming 3rd November 2009, 12:28 pm

Daniel^Bigcow wrote:Is that a pink matt finish forte I see??!!

junming dun tell me you.......

haha... no la. mine is white. look a bit yellowish and pink in this pic. lolz..
junming
junming

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 3rd November 2009, 12:38 pm

Jurong East 300+ mkt/hawker center near chinese garden mrt, cheap and famous.

Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore 332362
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 3rd November 2009, 5:34 pm

just read some blog on nan xiang chicken rice.

since i am gng novena later, i am determined to check it out.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 3rd November 2009, 5:45 pm

sargeon Chicken Rice (nice!!!!) last time is at Chevron SAF Club on Boon lay way...... Now don't know where it move to liao........ Lost!!!! Anyone kw???
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 3rd November 2009, 10:06 pm

Chatterbox?
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 3rd November 2009, 10:09 pm

tiny wrote:I prefer Hainanese White chicken.

Queenstown hawker centre 2nd floor. Do you mean the hawker center near Tanglin Halt ? If yes, its pretty good ! Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore 332362

Stirling Road Hawker centre 2nd floor (the original one which moved from queenstown)

Chinatown (the one with the long long queues..all others are imposters)
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 3rd November 2009, 10:10 pm

I think Kreta Ayer Market 2nd floor hawker also got one nice chicky rice. That area is big and i dont know the unit number. Anyone can help ?
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by BluZon 3rd November 2009, 10:20 pm

woodlands - loye kee

BluZon

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 3rd November 2009, 10:24 pm

BluZon wrote:woodlands - loye kee

loy kee so so only.. kinda expensive too...
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 3rd November 2009, 10:26 pm

impact2001 wrote:
BluZon wrote:woodlands - loye kee

loy kee so so only.. kinda expensive too...

2nd that. I still prefer the chicken rice from my old neighbourhood mkt at AMK ave 10.
$2 eat one plate, add the other ingredients $3/-

plus nice to eat also. Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore 332362
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by mjs 3rd November 2009, 10:29 pm

There is 1 @ ubi center call boon wah chicken rice long Q during lunch hour.
mjs
mjs

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 4th November 2009, 12:10 am

i just tried the nan xiang in novena square 2.

i think its the most over rated. sorry not a fan..

but service was good, can give them 9 points, cos i rejected the chicken wing they served me, cos i dont fancy wing for chicken rice, yet they still gladly change for me even though its my fault for not telling them earlier.

price on the high side
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by BluZon 4th November 2009, 10:45 pm

ohyah.. somebody told me there is 1 at bedok area .. always long q for atleast 1hr... and appear on tv show before.. but not sure where

BluZon

Back to top Go down

Post by mehmehhh 4th November 2009, 11:38 pm

goldenhill chicken rice..
at ruma tingi blk 37..
above the ABC market..hill top
really good & not expensive..
mehmehhh
mehmehhh

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 5th November 2009, 11:26 am

Time to consolidate again...

3) Tian Tian (Maxwell)
4) Long house.
6) Boon Tong Kee
Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Icon_cool Wee Nam Kee (Thomson Raod Opp Novena Church, try the soy sauce chicken, and MSG soup)
8) Boon Keng Mkt... Open dinner time only... u go there u will know which stall cos always long Q
10) Potong Pasir Blk 148
11) Chicken Rice Shop (Vivocity)
12) Army Market (Basement)
13) Bedok south road. Blk 18 market
14) Queenstown hawker centre 2nd floor.
15) Stirling Road Hawker centre 2nd floor (the original one which moved from queenstown)
16) Chinatown (the one with the long long queues..all others are imposters, sorry can clarify i am still confused)
17) Jurong East 300+ mkt/hawker center near chinese garden mrt, cheap and famous.
18) sargeon Chicken Rice (last time is at Chevron SAF Club on Boon lay way, anyone know where is it now???)
19) Kreta Ayer Market 2nd floor hawker (Need to hunt for unit number)
20) woodlands - loye kee
21) AMK ave 10 Market
22) boon wah chicken rice at ubi center
23) goldenhill chicken rice
24) ruma tingi blk 37
25) AC Market
26) Chatterbox (I am concern of putting chatterbox cos i think they changed the chef liao so not sure.)

Please correct any of the information if I have put them wrongly
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 5th November 2009, 11:37 am

lukester wrote:Time to consolidate again...

26) Chatterbox (I am concern of putting chatterbox cos i think they changed the chef liao so not sure.)

Please correct any of the information if I have put them wrongly

The chef was ask to retire after change of ownership, and this chef started his own shop in Downtown east, went there last sat. Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore 332362
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 5th November 2009, 11:40 am

3) Tian Tian (Maxwell)
4) Long house.
6) Boon Tong Kee
10) Potong Pasir Blk 148
11) Chicken Rice Shop (Vivocity)
12) Army Market (Basement)
13) Bedok south road. Blk 18 market
14) Queenstown hawker centre 2nd floor.
15) Stirling Road Hawker centre 2nd floor (the original one which moved from queenstown)
16) Chinatown (the one with the long long queues..all others are imposters, sorry can clarify i am still confused)
17) Jurong East 300+ mkt/hawker center near chinese garden mrt, cheap and famous.
18) sargeon Chicken Rice (last time is at Chevron SAF Club on Boon lay way, anyone know where is it now???)
19) Kreta Ayer Market 2nd floor hawker (Need to hunt for unit number)
20) woodlands - loye kee
21) AMK ave 10 Market
22) boon wah chicken rice at ubi center
23) goldenhill chicken rice
24) ruma tingi blk 37
25) AC Market
27) Downtown East (Ex Chatterbox chef is there now, wah sound like some channel 8 drama last time with similar scenario)

Thanks for the heads up! Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore 332362
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 5th November 2009, 12:31 pm

like this.... can eat chicken rice (lunch) the whole month and never be a repeat customer..... Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 5th November 2009, 1:26 pm

ermm still need 4 more and have to find missing/unsure ones.

haha
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 5th November 2009, 4:29 pm

I hate this thread! Make me want to go eat chicken rice now!!!

How you guys like it?

I like to put black soy sauce thick thick then pour chilli until rice all soaked in chilli and eat the chicken inards. Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore 332362
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 5th November 2009, 4:50 pm

i just like it plain...

but i like with chilli on my rice.. yum

its a cold day and i can understand why u hate this thread
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 5th November 2009, 4:54 pm

me plain oso.... at most with chili... Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 5th November 2009, 5:01 pm

This would probably be the most expensive chicken rice available.....

Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore 32553210
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 5th November 2009, 5:14 pm

biz class on SQ chicken rice?
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 5th November 2009, 5:22 pm

very nice waitress / waiter oso.... Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 5th November 2009, 5:24 pm

lukester wrote:biz class on SQ chicken rice?

yah, but that pciture not taken by me,.... I think I may had that before but did not take pictures.... Smile

Yeah Juan, nice service..... especially if they bend in front of you...hhhaaa
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 5th November 2009, 5:26 pm

dun want to comment anymore..... Looking for nice chicken rice in Singapore Icon_redface diff kind of chicken to eat oredi....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next