Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Forte EX and SX , what the diff ?

+38
ong
Spiritseye
kwangilbert
cpt_zr
mamamia
sagi73
darkfroggy
ET
kapitan
liplip
treysha
:)
lebet
kezman
Godson
wkhhjh
forte3737
Atlant1s
Forte002
JuanST
Xenthias
thinkforte
kysoong
lawrenceke
Divine
Forte2010
ketcup
Pegasus
dav2011
Juz@kid
lukester
Blacks
jl1500k
longbow
Kiang
amerimacka
joepele
tweakmax2
42 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Forte EX and SX , what the diff ?

Post by ET 24th February 2010, 10:05 pm

Atlant1s wrote:If I recall correctly, the difference between the OMV of the SX and EX is about $3k. So basically, you pay $2k more for the added features

you are almost there. i asked a SE and he also mentioned that the OMV difference is abt $3k. initially also considering EX but seems like the 2k extra is more worthy for the additional stuffs.

but then add another 5k can get the KOUP!! arrrghhh!!! difficult to choose man! Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Icon_mad

ET

Back to top Go down

Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Forte EX and SX , what the diff ?

Post by :) 24th February 2010, 10:59 pm

EX forte FC better due to 15'' rims ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 24th February 2010, 11:06 pm

yes.. but with after market light 17 inch rims abt the same la lolx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkforte 25th February 2010, 3:43 pm

But the additional cost of after market rims basically cancels out whatever savings gained from better FC, no? Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Icon_eek

thinkforte

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 25th February 2010, 4:04 pm

bro very easy bigger rims are mainly for cosmactic purpose if u really want fc then u go smaller look at the taxi toyota cedic/crown u will notice that their rims is only 14 inchs for such a big car to improve FC. drag car also use smaller rims for better grip and tyre flex.. =)
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlant1s 25th February 2010, 9:42 pm

ET wrote:
Atlant1s wrote:If I recall correctly, the difference between the OMV of the SX and EX is about $3k. So basically, you pay $2k more for the added features

you are almost there. i asked a SE and he also mentioned that the OMV difference is abt $3k. initially also considering EX but seems like the 2k extra is more worthy for the additional stuffs.

but then add another 5k can get the KOUP!! arrrghhh!!! difficult to choose man! Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Icon_mad

Choose whatever your heart/mind wants you to.
If your heart wishes for a Koup, then it shall be a Koup.
If your mind wants a forte, then it shall be a forte.
If your heart and mind cannot agree, then it shall be both Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Icon_twisted Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 612380
Atlant1s
Atlant1s

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 26th February 2010, 7:58 am

if i am going to buy all over again.......
i will wait for the magentis 2011...... drool.....

now add 1 more to ur headache...... Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Icon_razz
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by darkfroggy 5th March 2010, 4:15 pm

darkfroggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte2010 8th March 2010, 8:21 am

drum brake effective not?

Forte2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 8th March 2010, 11:27 am

Forte2010 wrote:drum brake effective not?

All brakes are effective. It all depends on the speed you are driving at and the response time of the drivier. If the driver is slow, no matter what brake you get, makes no differences...

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by :) 8th March 2010, 1:37 pm

but drum brake really kills the looks Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Icon_razz

Back to top Go down

Post by sagi73 12th March 2010, 11:35 pm

So, mine is EX. So luan. EX sound a bit cheap. I took EX becoz I like manual. It's responsive. I would rather save that 5k to pay d/payment. Save that 5k and put on something you really like like tv.
When I told my SE I don't need 17" rims (wait till you change tyre), fabric seat, bla... he also sian. Boh tan lui. But pay booking straight away and get the car within a month (almost). Now a proud owner.

sagi73

Back to top Go down

Post by mamamia 15th March 2010, 12:06 am

Aiyo Aiyo...

If we wanna worry about FC, take public transport.... Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Seriously, SX is without any doubt better! Don't be penny wise pound foolish... It's just like asking should one get a Point-And-Shoot camera or DSLR for better IQ (Image Quality). The answer is clear...

mamamia

Back to top Go down

Post by cpt_zr 15th March 2010, 12:30 am

hahah well EX SX RX or KX or what ever X..

just buy the car to your needs! like me, i do not really like korean car's auto, so i got a manual..

I do think i do not need the fancy pansy gadget i get on a SX eg the aircon electrics... So i got an EX.

I didnt figure i need a 2.0.. So i got a 1.6L

So, weigh in and out, i get the EX lor, then chg to the stock 17inch hehe... but abit regret la cause i am kerb rash prone! Mad
cpt_zr
cpt_zr

Back to top Go down

Post by mamamia 15th March 2010, 12:35 am

heh heh

mamamia

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 15th March 2010, 7:59 am

no one seriously answered yet what EX and SX means????? Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Icon_study
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by mamamia 15th March 2010, 8:32 am

EX and SX are just terms used by KIA.

EX is also used by Mit...

mamamia

Back to top Go down

Post by sagi73 16th March 2010, 10:40 pm

EX - cheaper, SX - more ex. Think SX maintenance probably higher. SE said those opt for auto, make sure you have gear box check before 3 years warranty expire.

sagi73

Back to top Go down

Post by kwangilbert 16th March 2010, 11:05 pm

For the SX auto folding mirror a standard item ot request from SE?
How about EX also got?

kwangilbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritseye 16th March 2010, 11:11 pm

Go with your heart. Bros and sis here can give advice on which is 'better' but ultimately, its your ride and your comfort. End of the day, u r the one inside the car and be loving the car Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Icon_smile

I got an EX(m) btw.
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte2010 22nd March 2010, 1:47 pm

ya

EX comfort too..............

Forte2010

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkforte 22nd March 2010, 2:36 pm

I also booked an EX but auto transmission... I think comfort wise, both EX and SX should be about the same, especially if you changed to leather seats like me =)

thinkforte

Back to top Go down

Post by ong 22nd March 2010, 3:00 pm

thinkforte wrote:I also booked an EX but auto transmission... I think comfort wise, both EX and SX should be about the same, especially if you changed to leather seats like me =)

hi totally agreed... i also driving a EX (A) chaneg to leather seat so no much diff ...so comfy as well
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by arkaraka 22nd March 2010, 3:07 pm

EX (Auto) here with leather seats.
Comfort level is average with 15" rims.. i prefer 17"
arkaraka
arkaraka

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeretto 22nd March 2010, 3:43 pm

JuanST wrote:no one seriously answered yet what EX and SX means????? Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Icon_study

EX: Normal version. Price included one Airbag, 1 Disc CD player, Front Disc brakes, fabric seat, manual aircon control. tilt steering wheel, normal pedals, 15" alloy wheel+1 steel wheel spare.

SX: Premium version. Price included two airbags, 6 Disc CD player, 4 Disc brakes, leather seat, auto climate control, tilt and telescopic steering wheel, chrome pedals, 17" alloy wheel+1 alloy wheel spare.

Did I miss out anything? Anyway BK is given free now across all models.

Jeretto

Back to top Go down

Post by iseethesun 22nd March 2010, 5:01 pm

Auto-dim rear mirror.

iseethesun

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkforte 22nd March 2010, 5:36 pm

iseethesun wrote:Auto-dim rear mirror.
I was told most people switch this off at night because then the rear mirror gets too dark... How true is this? Any bros with this feature care to comment?

thinkforte

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte2010 22nd March 2010, 5:43 pm

arkaraka wrote:EX (Auto) here with leather seats.

17'' rims will be more comfort meh?

i tot bigger rims n thinner tyre will not be so comfort ?

Forte2010

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkforte 22nd March 2010, 5:50 pm

Forte2010 wrote:

That's what I thought too...

thinkforte

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 22nd March 2010, 5:57 pm

thinkforte wrote:
I was told most people switch this off at night because then the rear mirror gets too dark... How true is this? Any bros with this feature care to comment?

??? Too dark? It is never too dark in Singapore road... Just take a look at how many cars using HID and white light...

Any way, this is a pretty good feature at night.

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkforte 22nd March 2010, 6:08 pm

Forte002 wrote:
thinkforte wrote:

??? Too dark? It is never too dark in Singapore road... Just take a look at how many cars using HID and white light...

Any way, this is a pretty good feature at night.

Haha... Ok. Anyway mine is an EX so don't have anyway...

I'm more interested to find out if they can modify the HU to have the red background glow lights like in the SX! The EX is the plain white light kind only. Sian. Sad

thinkforte

Back to top Go down

Post by sagi73 22nd March 2010, 10:08 pm

thinkforte, if you also a car fan like my friend, DIY la. He made his sound proofing to his Mazda2, and sent his meter to have it's light change.
By the way, please check if you car has absorber. Make sure it's new one. Saw few cars at Woodlands checkpoint, kanna no absorber. Everytime go through hump, slow like the car no absorber. What's the point buy new one and don't want to use. Use it while it still there. Use the pickup while the engine still new. Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Icon_question Faint!

sagi73

Back to top Go down

Post by zelcadence 22nd March 2010, 11:36 pm

I believe EX by default has the leather-wrapped steering wheel too (no leather on gear knob though) Surprised Forgot to ask my SE... will know when I collect my ride...
zelcadence
zelcadence

Back to top Go down

Post by arkaraka 23rd March 2010, 8:25 am

thinkforte wrote:
Forte2010 wrote:

That's what I thought too...

oops, i think i prefer 17" for its stability and hugging the road when going into a bend etc...
17" rims users, u know wat i mean...
arkaraka
arkaraka

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkforte 23rd March 2010, 9:51 am

zelcadence wrote:I believe EX by default has the leather-wrapped steering wheel too (no leather on gear knob though) Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Icon_surprised Forgot to ask my SE... will know when I collect my ride...

You're right. I believe the EX now comes with leather wrapped steering wheel but no leather on gear knob. At least that's what the Forte brochure says...

thinkforte

Back to top Go down

Post by thinkforte 23rd March 2010, 9:53 am

sagi73 wrote:thinkforte, if you also a car fan like my friend, DIY la. He made his sound proofing to his Mazda2, and sent his meter to have it's light change.
By the way, please check if you car has absorber. Make sure it's new one. Saw few cars at Woodlands checkpoint, kanna no absorber. Everytime go through hump, slow like the car no absorber. What's the point buy new one and don't want to use. Use it while it still there. Use the pickup while the engine still new. Forte EX and SX , what the diff ? - Page 2 Icon_question Faint!

I don't mind DIY-ing if some bro out there has done it before and can show how... Maybe do a DIY session for all interested EX owners or post a picture tutorial of how it can be done. =)

thinkforte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2