Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!!

+21
Dummyhalf
ace
JuanST
nothing
liplip
shawnseah82
stalejive
PillowER
karabi
lukester
leon76
qbear
colin
ReDeViL
daniu82
muff
crazyfox
Stefano
Mac
impact2001
K-Family
25 posters

Go down

Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Empty Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!!

Post by K-Family 16th November 2009, 10:59 am

This is the second time it has cracked. The crack propogated from the edge onwards. No stone chips. No vehicles in front of me when it cracked.

It appears that KIA has not resolved the issue.

Totally Unacceptable!!!! Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! 316913 Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! 316913 Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! 316913

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Empty Re: Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!!

Post by impact2001 16th November 2009, 11:02 am

wow.. U look furious..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Empty Re: Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!!

Post by K-Family 16th November 2009, 11:10 am

Of course. I dare not drive anywhere just in case the whole screen disintegrate in the rain, how?

Its a plain waste of time and concerns! Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Icon_mad Then lose a day of use, cannot do anything leh, gotta take leave of disrupt other people for a lift.

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th November 2009, 11:13 am

impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th November 2009, 11:16 am

K-Family wrote:Of course. I dare not drive anywhere just in case the whole screen disintegrate in the rain, how?

Its a plain waste of time and concerns! Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Icon_mad Then lose a day of use, cannot do anything leh, gotta take leave of disrupt other people for a lift.

Screen disintegrate in rain? Dun understand what u mean.. lol.. if u fearing rain will sip in or suddenly crack, i believe not so easy ba.. Good enough for you to still travel in and out, just that the crack line will be eye sore to u.

Yes.. Its really wasting ppl time & money just to go down C&C to fix, and some more the solar film (if on ur own cost) they will replace back their inhouse one instead of your brand.. Try Pandan Garden should have ready stock for this..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac 16th November 2009, 11:36 am

Do they replace the windscreen as part of warranty or they charge it to insurance?
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th November 2009, 11:38 am

Mac wrote:Do they replace the windscreen as part of warranty or they charge it to insurance?

part of the warranty.. KIA had acknowledge this problem.. If they charge it to to insurance, can challenge them lo.. Provided your windshielf crack is of genuine case...
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac 16th November 2009, 11:40 am

impact2001 wrote:part of the warranty.. KIA had acknowledge this problem.. If they charge it to to insurance, can challenge them lo.. Provided your windshielf crack is of genuine case...

That's comforting to know. Hope the Koup will not have the same issue. Thanks for clarifying.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Stefano 16th November 2009, 11:44 am

When I collected my car last week, I asked the SE about the problem of the popular windscreen crack and he
said that the factory has already changed to any supplier of the windscreen and now the problem
is solved.

Stefano

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th November 2009, 11:49 am

Stefano wrote:When I collected my car last week, I asked the SE about the problem of the popular windscreen crack and he
said that the factory has already changed to any supplier of the windscreen and now the problem
is solved.

Sounds familiar again.. lol..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyfox 16th November 2009, 6:01 pm

Does anyone here who has purchase the car and had not had the screen cracked yet?

Like this than can know maybe under what condition than screen will craxked. This mean that of you never had a screen cracked before, it could be that the car had never subjected itself to this type of conditon.
crazyfox
crazyfox

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 16th November 2009, 6:31 pm

K-Family wrote:This is the second time it has cracked. The crack propogated from the edge onwards. No stone chips. No vehicles in front of me when it cracked.

It appears that KIA has not resolved the issue.

Totally Unacceptable!!!! Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! 316913 Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! 316913 Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! 316913

Bro, sorry to hear about yr second cracked windscreen.........as yr first windscreen replacement was carried out sometimes back, it is possible that the windscreen used for the first replacement at that time was of the same under spec windscreen......yr next replacement windscreen will be the real test as they've claimed to have found the root cause.........
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 16th November 2009, 8:54 pm

I went to C&C today and I asked abt the window cracking issue and I told him tat I hear window cracking sound sometimes when driving, but he says tat the windscreen should not crack during normal driving. Then I asked wat happen if it cracks then he says just come back to replace.... Mad I tink they should recall all vehicles to change the windscreen if they really find the root cause of the problem....

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by ReDeViL 16th November 2009, 8:57 pm

mine just cracked today during heavy rain on TPE.....
ReDeViL
ReDeViL

Back to top Go down

Post by colin 16th November 2009, 9:17 pm

ReDeViL wrote:mine just cracked today during heavy rain on TPE.....
hey redevil & K-family,
which month did u collect your car? month?
Is it a batch issue or just simply random?
colin
colin

Back to top Go down

Post by qbear 16th November 2009, 9:34 pm

wow... horrible
qbear
qbear

Back to top Go down

Post by ReDeViL 16th November 2009, 9:45 pm

mine collected on 8th Oct, so just slightly after a month....

ask the guy at ubi service center abt the warranty, if crack zhun zhun after 3 yr warranty how...he say dunno... Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Icon_evil
ReDeViL
ReDeViL

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 16th November 2009, 10:44 pm

ReDeViL wrote:mine collected on 8th Oct, so just slightly after a month....

ask the guy at ubi service center abt the warranty, if crack zhun zhun after 3 yr warranty how...he say dunno... Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Icon_evil
so jiala ah, like tt have to watch out on my car liao, mine is Sep collection lei Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Icon_eek

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 16th November 2009, 11:36 pm

crazyfox wrote:Does anyone here who has purchase the car and had not had the screen cracked yet?

Like this than can know maybe under what condition than screen will craxked. This mean that of you never had a screen cracked before, it could be that the car had never subjected itself to this type of conditon.

1. Lukester (Have not crack YET...hopefully never crack please....)
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 16th November 2009, 11:50 pm

Huh, Oct batch also crack ah? My Sept batch, so far so good. For me, i usually park in shaded areas (MSCP or shopping centre carparks) unless if West Coast Mac then bo bian.

Maybe must test park under sun for 1 whole day
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by PillowER 17th November 2009, 12:00 am

karabi wrote:Huh, Oct batch also crack ah? My Sept batch, so far so good. For me, i usually park in shaded areas (MSCP or shopping centre carparks) unless if West Coast Mac then bo bian.

Maybe must test park under sun for 1 whole day

U can try because I parked my car in the open for the whole afternoon, afterwhich started my engine, on the air-con and saw a crack appeared on my windscreen. After 5 months of usage.
PillowER
PillowER

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 17th November 2009, 12:13 am

but i also park open air. alot of time on weekend under sun, but have not reach that extend.

i am june batch
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by stalejive 17th November 2009, 1:05 am

actually park anywhere , or park 1 week straight under sun also must not crack....it's not suppose to crack in the first place.....haizzz....sianz...

stalejive

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyfox 17th November 2009, 6:45 am

The forces by contraction and expansion is very powerful. So I guessing that if I parked my car under the hot sun and full blast the aircon immediately after that with the air blowing into the wind screen, it would crack.

Is this what happen to PillowER?

Maybe good to indicate the month that you have taken delivery of your ride / where you usually park also.

1. Lukester (Have not crack YET...hopefully never crack please....)

2. Crazyfox / Oct 09 / MSCP / Not crack yet.
crazyfox
crazyfox

Back to top Go down

Post by shawnseah82 17th November 2009, 7:14 am

Mind is 2L OPC OCT batch, park at my house open car park up to now is ok.Driving for 2 week plus already hope nothing will happen to my car too Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Icon_rolleyes
shawnseah82
shawnseah82

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 17th November 2009, 7:38 am

There is no need to guess the reason why it crack, and it definitely is not parking under sun that made it crack. Mine was parked in MSCP, with no one driving it on weekdays (OPC), cracked.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 17th November 2009, 8:04 am

Don't worry, CnC have issued a letter stating that the windscreen if due to OEM fault they will replace FOC even after warranty period. I received such letter signed by the operating manager. Btw, mine cracked twice liao.....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 17th November 2009, 8:52 am

what happens to those who did not receive the letter?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 17th November 2009, 9:22 am

Something I noticed while washing my car over the weekend.....

When you wet the area (with a sponge) near the driver side of the windscreen, did any of you noticed that a long patch of dampness (from near the top to near the bottom) shows up on the windscreen for a while before it kinds of "dries" off.

I like to dismiss it as scratches caused by the wiper......but there is nothing on the passenger side.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 17th November 2009, 9:49 am

Shocked so many cracked cases... but in the first place the windscreen should withstand any typical weather conditions.

Why not you guys start to collate and compare how many of our members here having similar problem. Then at one go ask CNC to immediate take action.

just a suggestion. bounce
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by b3njam1n 17th November 2009, 9:58 am

ace wrote:Something I noticed while washing my car over the weekend.....

When you wet the area (with a sponge) near the driver side of the windscreen, did any of you noticed that a long patch of dampness (from near the top to near the bottom) shows up on the windscreen for a while before it kinds of "dries" off.

I like to dismiss it as scratches caused by the wiper......but there is nothing on the passenger side.

you mean after using the viper and the long mark its a sign of windscreen cracked??

i had mine like that too.

b3njam1n

Back to top Go down

Post by K-Family 17th November 2009, 10:07 am

nothing wrote:Don't worry, CnC have issued a letter stating that the windscreen if due to OEM fault they will replace FOC even after warranty period. I received such letter signed by the operating manager. Btw, mine cracked twice liao.....

Hi

I guess we are in the same boat.

But would you mind posting the letter here, delelting the personal info, for us to see what they claim?

Also as a form of record for all Forte owners. Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! 332362

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 17th November 2009, 10:25 am

My bro in law's forte is safe so far... I think he collected somewhere in June. He parks in the open carpark under the sun but still safe and sound. Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Icon_smile

Collected mine in Sept and cracked 6 days later on the way to KL Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! 316913 . Changed and so far so good (touch wood). Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Icon_razz

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 17th November 2009, 10:40 am

b3njam1n wrote:

you mean after using the viper and the long mark its a sign of windscreen cracked??

No....

I find it strange that the dampness is there. I just hope it is not a sign of things to come as my previous car do not have such marks.

Just noticing the dampness gives me an uncomfortable feeling as all the crack cases happens on the driver side. I just wonder if the dampness is telling me that the weakness is there. Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Suspect

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by jameshong 17th November 2009, 11:02 am

Are this windscreen cracked mainly on 1.6L or both also kena?
jameshong
jameshong

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 17th November 2009, 11:13 am

Perhaps they have rectified the problem of cracking by leaving an empty space on the driver side class and therefore you find dampness there as water collects... Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Confused

So maybe yours won't crack...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by b3njam1n 17th November 2009, 11:28 am

ace wrote:
b3njam1n wrote:

No....

I find it strange that the dampness is there. I just hope it is not a sign of things to come as my previous car do not have such marks.

Just noticing the dampness gives me an uncomfortable feeling as all the crack cases happens on the driver side. I just wonder if the dampness is telling me that the weakness is there. Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Suspect

hence , there is still nothing wrong with mine windscreen. only that its is a weakness where might crack if something hits it ?

haix. worried about it.

b3njam1n

Back to top Go down

Post by colin 17th November 2009, 3:41 pm

i totally agree. noticed this too!
colin
colin

Back to top Go down

Post by K-Family 17th November 2009, 4:42 pm

Thank you nothing Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! 141836

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyfox 17th November 2009, 8:25 pm

From so many accounts, does it mean it is a matter of "heng-sway"?
crazyfox
crazyfox

Back to top Go down

Post by ReDeViL 17th November 2009, 8:46 pm

just got my windscreen replaced today....

f/b to service guy abt cases where ppl having their windscreen replaced already are facing 2nd time cracking....

he said its becoz those were the same stock which was provided by korea, which is why sure have 2nd time cracking now those who change are the newly improved ones which were shipped in recently...

dunno if he is BS-ing.....remains to be seen.....

C&C sux....
ReDeViL
ReDeViL

Back to top Go down

Post by K-Family 17th November 2009, 9:37 pm

C&C has replaced my screen under warranttee Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Icon_redface . And realigned my door and vacuumed and washed.

Will see how it goes. Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! 332362

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 17th November 2009, 9:57 pm

Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! CnC

What is that so called "certain faults during manufacturing" ?
Perhaps CnC can be more specific ....how will the owner know if their windshield has this "fault"......and which batch of forte are affected ?
Juz imagine 3 yrs later yr windshield self cracked....and they tell you that it does not come under the "certain faults during manufacturing" windshield thus will need to pay $$$$....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by ReDeViL 17th November 2009, 10:07 pm

muff wrote:Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! CnC

What is that so called "certain faults during manufacturing" ?
Perhaps CnC can be more specific ....how will the owner know if their windshield has this "fault"......and which batch of forte are affected ?
Juz imagine 3 yrs later yr windshield self cracked....and they tell you that it does not come under the "certain faults during manufacturing" windshield thus will need to pay $$$$....

is the letter addressed to you only??

do you think we can have a copy to keep so that we can produce this in the case this happens after our 3 year warranty?? i abit kiasu.. Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Icon_redface
ReDeViL
ReDeViL

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 17th November 2009, 10:18 pm

no.... that letter not addressed to me......it is only for those with cracked windshield.

you should be receiving this letter from CnC soon
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 18th November 2009, 8:30 am

when I got my first windscreen replacement, was also told it's a newly improved version from Korea but less than few mths cracked again..... Unacceptable: Windscreen Cracked AGAIN!!!!!!! Icon_lol
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 18th November 2009, 10:16 am

wah.... worrying.. man.. for those with the letter, maybe can push CC for some compensation... wonder if anyone going to take any legal action...haaa

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down