Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
FC for Forte 2.0l(A) Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
FC for Forte 2.0l(A) Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
FC for Forte 2.0l(A) Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
FC for Forte 2.0l(A) Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
FC for Forte 2.0l(A) Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
FC for Forte 2.0l(A) Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
FC for Forte 2.0l(A) Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
FC for Forte 2.0l(A) Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
FC for Forte 2.0l(A) Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

FC for Forte 2.0l(A)

4 posters

Go down

FC for Forte 2.0l(A) Empty FC for Forte 2.0l(A)

Post by ginn 13th January 2010, 11:29 pm

1st tank full... travelled 320km. left with about 2/5 left (as per the fuel indicator). balance mileage is 170km. FC is 11.2l/100km....

not too sure how this is though.....

I think I am a little heavy footed as I've always been driving a 1.6l or below car and those has higher fuel economy compared to a 2.0l(A).

I also realized that a sure way to control your foot is using the display and set it to instant...try to maintain the bar below 10l/100km but the pick up in very2 slow and to the extent the car behind honk at me.. I jz got the K&N drop in filter..not too sure if this will help in FC with this style of driving....

ginn

Back to top Go down

FC for Forte 2.0l(A) Empty Re: FC for Forte 2.0l(A)

Post by scorpey 14th January 2010, 9:26 am

It's natural for FC to be on higher side b4 run-in.. driving stlye n traffic condition r still the main factors for fuel efficiency..
Err.. i think not necessary to drive according to display.. jus drive normally, if u need power jus press more or use sportstronic to down dear.. else follow road condition n drive normally.. try not to "brake-accelerate-brake-accelerate" but i see a lot of drivers do this for no reason?!
like u im oso a little heavy foot, but no problem to get 10l/100km for my 2L(A), lastly, try dividing the actual distance (recorded by trip meter previously set to zero during last fuel top up) by the amount of fuel u just displaced.. and see if tally wif wat u get from the display.. cheers!
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by ginn 14th January 2010, 4:02 pm

thanks for the info. I jz wanna benchmark again a similar car to see if my FC is at acceptable level cos i've seen some with 5+l/100km...which is magical compared to mine and I am not too sure if those 5+l/100km is for 1.6l or 2.0l car..

So i thought of checking...

ginn

Back to top Go down

Post by froakies 14th January 2010, 4:19 pm

Avg 8.5-10L/KM, manual, 10,000KM++ mileage done.
froakies
froakies

Back to top Go down

Post by ginn 15th January 2010, 8:06 am

pumped 44L yesterday night after traveling 370km. gives me 11.9L/100km FC for Forte 2.0l(A) Affraid . 60% h/way, 40% CBD.

Hopefully after the first service, CNC will tweak the car a little to lower that a little...

ginn

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 15th January 2010, 8:58 am

tweak ur foot more effective lor =P
monitor again after u run-in.. will be lower.. but CBD n traffic jams sure increase ur fc..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by ginn 15th January 2010, 2:29 pm

scorpey wrote:tweak ur foot more effective lor =P
monitor again after u run-in.. will be lower.. but CBD n traffic jams sure increase ur fc..

Yup, they dont call Singapore a city-state for nothing FC for Forte 2.0l(A) Icon_lol

I am learning to tweak my foot...using the instant meter but it is kind of hard when the speed you are driving is mostly 40km/h to 60km/h....

ginn

Back to top Go down

Post by jhuang 15th January 2010, 10:34 pm

congrats on you bros getting a 2l fote. think its a flying forte, esp for the 2l manual one. nevertheless, i will admire your cars when you pass me next time! dreaming to get one if i have the money! nice money nice power!

jhuang

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 16th January 2010, 8:51 am

ginn wrote:
scorpey wrote:tweak ur foot more effective lor =P

Yup, they dont call Singapore a city-state for nothing FC for Forte 2.0l(A) Icon_lol

I am learning to tweak my foot...using the instant meter but it is kind of hard when the speed you are driving is mostly 40km/h to 60km/h....

Ermm.. jus sharing my thots.. yeah, fc is impt.. but since u already got a 2L.. u shd knw tat most 2L cars aren't really fc friendy? wads equally impt is tat 2L has "power"n imho, it shd be unleashed.. tats shd be the reason u get a 2L? (at least tats my reason lah) =P im not asking u to whack like ah beng from pt A to pt B.. but jus drive normally lor.. after ur run-in n when u need the power, "just do it"! u will appreciate our 2L cos when u realli need it to go.. it will just go! climbing ability is good too.. btw, my 2L has changed to lighter rims, hurricane air filter n done 8 pts grounding.. FC for Forte 2.0l(A) 332362 above is jus my 2cents worth lah, enjoy ur drive bro!! FC for Forte 2.0l(A) Icon_biggrin
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by ginn 16th January 2010, 10:42 pm

its exactly the reason why i took the 2l. I normally drive long distance..

ginn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down