Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim

+5
nattsrinara
gobal100
Williammm
lawrenceke
jeromeccm
9 posters

Go down

weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Empty weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim

Post by jeromeccm 9th February 2010, 1:28 am

Has anyone figure out what is the weight of both rims?
I have booked my SX version and i plan to swap with the Koup type.
Hopefully someone can tell me about the weight of both rims...

thank you... Very Happy

jeromeccm

Back to top Go down

weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Empty Re: weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim

Post by lawrenceke 9th February 2010, 3:31 pm

Koup Rims is lighter than forte Rims by 3 plus KG..

I got my forte with Koup Rims done last Xmas.. Very Happy
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Empty Re: weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim

Post by jeromeccm 9th February 2010, 3:41 pm

lawrenceke wrote:Koup Rims is lighter than forte Rims by 3 plus KG..

I got my forte with Koup Rims done last Xmas.. Very Happy

oooo... did you weight the rims?
I saw i this forum someone said that the koup and forte rim has the same weight around 11KG. I duno who is right and who is wrong..... I whish i know... but not yet get my car... lol
Congratulation... can post me some photo in here? thank you...

jeromeccm

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 9th February 2010, 3:52 pm

weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Closeup

Got more photos.. do a search and u will find them.. Very Happy
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromeccm 9th February 2010, 4:01 pm

lawrenceke wrote:weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Closeup

Got more photos.. do a search and u will find them.. Very Happy

bro... thanks for the photo. it looks really good on forte...
I plan to get one actually when i get my car... but i have to drive down to JB lo... cos i am in KL... Malaysia dont have Koup... lol...

jeromeccm

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 9th February 2010, 4:10 pm

pray that malaysia got koup faster... then i can source for koup parts for my forte... lolxx
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by Williammm 9th February 2010, 8:08 pm

Wat's the weight of Koup's rim ah?
Williammm
Williammm

Back to top Go down

Post by gobal100 11th February 2010, 5:09 pm

anyone want to buy my Koup Rims

gobal100

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromeccm 12th February 2010, 5:06 pm

I will buy if i have taken forte... still in the middle of deciding which to choose... forte vs Mazda2 sedan.... lol

jeromeccm

Back to top Go down

Post by nattsrinara 26th February 2010, 12:54 am

Hi All, I recently downsized my koup rims from 17 to 16. Now running on aftermarket alloy rims. I got the guy to weigh the entire Koup wheel (along with the Kumho tyre) and it came up to about 21 Kg.

Btw, my new wheel weighs 18.5kg each, so in total lost 10kg for 4 wheels, and pickup increased as well. Kept my spare wheel and jack kit at home so lost another 23kg (koup spare wheels are the exact same as the regular wheel). Love the pickup now! weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Icon_biggrin

nattsrinara

Back to top Go down

Post by purefish 26th February 2010, 12:58 am

Any pics to show your rims? FC & Pickup improved? Driving SX and was thinking of downsize too but worried abt the look as got sales told me that Forte's wheel arch was very wide so match 17" look unlike Mit EX can match 16" rim.... What is the profile of your 16" tyre? How about the driving feel? More comfortable and not so bumpy like 45mm low profile tyres? TQ!
purefish
purefish

Back to top Go down

Post by arc599 26th February 2010, 11:58 am

nattsrinara, pls advice... is it better to down size? so far how is ur FC? what type of rim u using now? did u trade in ur original rim or u kept them? if trade in, what is the price like>?

arc599

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 26th February 2010, 12:01 pm

If I slim down by 20kg, I wouldn't need to dump the spare rims which are useful!
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 26th February 2010, 12:02 pm

nattsrinara wrote:Hi All, I recently downsized my koup rims from 17 to 16. Now running on aftermarket alloy rims. I got the guy to weigh the entire Koup wheel (along with the Kumho tyre) and it came up to about 21 Kg.

Btw, my new wheel weighs 18.5kg each, so in total lost 10kg for 4 wheels, and pickup increased as well. Kept my spare wheel and jack kit at home so lost another 23kg (koup spare wheels are the exact same as the regular wheel). Love the pickup now! weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Icon_biggrin

definitely the pickup is more addictive now. but i would suggest you to buy a tyre repair kit which consists of the sealant liquid and electric pump. in case your tyre gets punctured somewhere. weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Icon_biggrin
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 26th February 2010, 12:03 pm

arc599 wrote:nattsrinara, pls advice... is it better to down size? so far how is ur FC? what type of rim u using now? did u trade in ur original rim or u kept them? if trade in, what is the price like>?

if you want better FC, downsize is a good choice. you can trade in to offset some dollars from the price of the rim and tyre. stock rim carries little value but it's better to trade in than to give it for free. weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Icon_biggrin
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by nattsrinara 26th February 2010, 12:29 pm

The Blue Cruiser wrote:
nattsrinara wrote:Hi All, I recently downsized my koup rims from 17 to 16. Now running on aftermarket alloy rims. I got the guy to weigh the entire Koup wheel (along with the Kumho tyre) and it came up to about 21 Kg.

definitely the pickup is more addictive now. but i would suggest you to buy a tyre repair kit which consists of the sealant liquid and electric pump. in case your tyre gets punctured somewhere. weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Icon_biggrin

Good idea! Any idea how much the kit costs? I seen a aerosol can version from Gunk. Not sure if its any good..

nattsrinara

Back to top Go down

Post by nattsrinara 26th February 2010, 12:48 pm

purefish wrote:Any pics to show your rims? FC & Pickup improved? Driving SX and was thinking of downsize too but worried abt the look as got sales told me that Forte's wheel arch was very wide so match 17" look unlike Mit EX can match 16" rim.... What is the profile of your 16" tyre? How about the driving feel? More comfortable and not so bumpy like 45mm low profile tyres? TQ!

Here are some pics:

weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim Af406ebf

weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim 00840f13

FC wise, I'm looking at around 8.5L/100km average, previously was around 10L/10km. I do plenty of highway as well as city driving. These yokohama tyres are 1cm thicker than the original Kumho's. I have to say the grip was slightly better for the stock tyres cos of the extra width. These are 205/55/16 vs the original 215/45/17.

I'm quite happy with the look of these 16's. Sure, the original 17" wheels look more fierce. I still love them. But there's always a trade off. For Koup the suspension makes you feel all the bumps and humps, so no tyre is really gonna give you that comfy continental feel. Yoko's are louder it seems, but I'm happy with the sound. Overall damage: $800 after trade-in.

Feels really light when driving by yourself. weight of the Koup Rim vs SX Stock rim 332362

nattsrinara

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 26th February 2010, 1:19 pm

nattsrinara wrote:
The Blue Cruiser wrote:

Good idea! Any idea how much the kit costs? I seen a aerosol can version from Gunk. Not sure if its any good..

i bought mine from Autobacs, it's a Slime tyre repair kit, $70. for cheaper options, you can get those can-type sealant liquid below $25.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down