Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported.

+149
hikaru
lwlty
babyt
livercat
armstrong
earthtrodder
hanxiang87
Forte2010
IPOH FORTE
Helix
gackthoe
shin365
epin
hsjose
Patklee
EvoForte
ginn
aliensix
hocksz
superkam
dEXTER C
aswalkersg
Kiang
genexis
tarepanda_lyh
chillout
fortetobe
GnoMisH
cboonh
cpt_zr
genevievepearly
Stefano
KIA1234
vinfang
KingJerry
oceandrives
VAG
hong5333
Siaoster
tiny
nightfever
stalejive
xianren
KenOrCannot
joepele
Blacks
Zeed
lordhawk
jl1500k
lufu
CuteDaDa
ck7373
arkaraka
ctoh
rockstarforte
Potatoes
astroboy28
ong
Elixir99
wkc
Flywheel
czhihong
kevinhwc
ace
miko komi
daniu82
nsr182
Hello Kitty
RCForte
zhuzhumao
malcolmlew
sunnyboy
KIAFAN
FORTE21
zujzuj
cnxeon
patsy
JuanST
ano57
mh3400
Shaq
KiaSG
aural
ahben
TVaddict
chamot16
taychua
dc
andikong
stev85x
notsogoodman
forte118
van
Fransge
duncton
pessimizt
junming
lukester
pbeyondp
the wonder girls
liplip
Tristanity
K-Family
jackohy
kysoong
Kaisu7165
FriesL
Leonard
Terrier
kenincf
NightAngler
shah
scorpey
newsman
limpreza
sporeboy
lawrenceke
BluRz
mwerkz
Cypher
dipstick
turbo4ev
Divine
Duser
kapitan
leo
dreamzzlandz
Juz@kid
charnfai30
impact2001
luvxiaobeng
wrathofheavennn
tish
ozzie75
ForKia
nothing
eraser
graysgerald79
dandeana21
Fortec
The Blue Cruiser
greatgazoo
muff
melburn
zlement
Redbean
nocash
keigo
Fortessimo
153 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Empty Re: IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported.

Post by nothing 23rd September 2009, 3:02 pm

mine also started with all the pik pik sound for the past months and only until this morning, the pik pik sound became a loud 'PIAK" and it cracked....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Empty Re: IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported.

Post by pessimizt 23rd September 2009, 3:02 pm

Sian.....this makes it sounds like 'pik pik sound of windscreen' (PPSW) problem. Just like the HKS (hump knocking sound) issue too ? IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Suspect
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 23rd September 2009, 5:45 pm

CnC called, windscreen replaced and also replaced the steering clock spring...haha, even changing of clock spring also twice, according to them this is also "improved version of clock spring" don't know whether to laugh or cry.....anyway, since they do it voluntary...nothing have nothing to lose.... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 23rd September 2009, 6:15 pm

hopefully this is ur last time.....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 23rd September 2009, 6:18 pm

Every Forte owner should write in to CnC with regard to this "pik pik piak" defect in the car. Even those who have had their windscreens replaced should write in to give added weight to the issue. If your windscreen goes "pik pik piak" after 3 years, what happens then? Would they replace it FOC even though it's due to a manufacturing defect?

The CnC contacts are in the "Sticky" section.

Last edited by dipstick on 23rd September 2009, 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 23rd September 2009, 6:25 pm

Yeah..

this is the lousy part of local service attitude... cover till after warranty and they will say "sorry... its out of warranty"... hiaz....

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by cnxeon 23rd September 2009, 7:14 pm

wooh...so many of you having the same problem...windscreen cracked...

Mine cracked when I am in JB....at first i thought ppl through stone at me as that time my car was near a mamak stall while waiting for traffic lights. I came down to check but did not find any stone mark. Went back to sg the next day and go to CNC directly and they told me confirm kena stone somemore u are in JB... this & that....end up I have to pay the excess $100 and proceed to claim. Worst is that I just install the tinted from tintsy Cool http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=11248 and use the car for only 3 days from born...

The tinted have to pay my own for second time...they say if the tinted not from them will not cover....

Is that true??
cnxeon
cnxeon

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 24th September 2009, 12:32 pm

Not true...if claim under warranty, they will replace with their in-house sunfilm even though not from them.....I have wrote to the GM requesting lifetime warranty for windscreen since they couldn't pin point how the defect comes abt.....haha...but slim chance lah....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 24th September 2009, 1:37 pm

Hey guys regarding this issue...does anyone who collected their rides in say Sept batches have this problem?

And i agree with dipstick, we should all write in. regardless of batches they should provide us with lifetime warranty and free replacement, including the films, etc...

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 24th September 2009, 7:06 pm

For my insurance renewal next time (after warranty), muz look for those that cover free windscreen replacement......
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 24th September 2009, 8:20 pm

If we claim warranty for windscreen, the premium will go up for following year also right ? IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Icon_redface

So i think better to request for CNC to warrant it lifetime (but difficult). IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 332362
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by zujzuj 26th September 2009, 1:35 am

i gg to get my MB car in Oct
but this windscreen problem is making me scared

zujzuj

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 26th September 2009, 2:55 pm

erm ..
can i check , if happen the windscreen is crack , will CnC cover the cost of the solar film ?
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 26th September 2009, 4:04 pm

yes, but only with in house film aka, rikecool

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by FORTE21 26th September 2009, 4:11 pm

Mine just cracked today ! Will ask them to change a new windscreen on monday .

FORTE21

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 26th September 2009, 4:32 pm

FORTE21 wrote:Mine just cracked today ! Will ask them to change a new windscreen on monday .

wa.....your Forte is the newest to have this cracked windscreen........ IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Icon_cry

so it means that new the batch of Fortes are still prone to this problem and KIA has yet to find the cause of this self cracking windscreen.... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Icon_evil

read that sg kia club got another owner with 2nd cracked windscreen in 3 months......
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by FORTE21 26th September 2009, 4:34 pm

Ya , this problem is still not solved , erm , for those who had their windscreen replaced , still got cracking problem ?

FORTE21

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 26th September 2009, 4:36 pm

yes....there are at least 4 other owners that has a 2nd cracked windscreen.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by zujzuj 26th September 2009, 5:57 pm

wow...cracked twice !
KIA not first time making car...how come like this Sad

zujzuj

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 26th September 2009, 6:16 pm

by far, this is the biggest issue with our Forte..... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Icon_cry

other problems all only "kacang puteh" compared to this problem...
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by zujzuj 26th September 2009, 6:40 pm

this is the MOST dangerous of all problems...other problem like a bit of sound here n there, I can live with. At most go to Leng Kee and sort it out. BUT windscreen crack = SAFETY issue !!

zujzuj

Back to top Go down

Post by zujzuj 26th September 2009, 6:41 pm

Let's gather everyone and write a PetitionOnline to CnC !

zujzuj

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 26th September 2009, 10:56 pm

I am with u on this petition thing but I do wonder whether it will garner enough support to prod CnC to accede to the lifetime windscreen warranty suggested......... With the SDW (self-destruct windscreen) issue affecting quite a number of Fortes, I would be put off buying one if I haven't already purchased mine.

The Forte is my first Kia car and I am wary of buying another Kia............I don't want to be "Killed In Action" again.

Are you initiating the PetitionOnline?

Last edited by dipstick on 26th September 2009, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by FORTE21 26th September 2009, 10:59 pm

I'am with u on the petition thingy , but will it work in the first place ? Well , there's a first time for everything , let's try it out and see the results . Shall we ?

FORTE21

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 26th September 2009, 11:26 pm

Update 26 Sept. 2009....... the Sword of Damocles strikes yet again and again....

SDW Club
Registry of Members
:

1. Fortessimo
2. Charnfai30 (uncle's Forte)
3. Divine
4. nothing
5. newsman
6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
9. K-family
10. liplip
11. The Wonder Girls
12. pbeyondp
13. jonnyteo79 (sgkia)
14. solace (sgkia)
15. dylan6904 (sgkia)
16. kkmichelin (sgkia)
17. junming
18. forte118
19. fortec
20. stev85x
21. GnoMisH (sgkia)
22. DC
23. taychua - collected 1st June
24. cort05 (sgkia)
25. TVaddict
26. ahben IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Icon_sad
27. nothing (2nd Windscreen cracked)
28. FORTE21 (Sept 2009 batch)

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 27th September 2009, 10:47 am

I think writing to the press may be more productive.......
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 27th September 2009, 10:57 am

C.C it to LTA may also help since it is also a roadworthy issues....

Anyway, this problem seem to be getting worst.... 2 owners of one week old Forte (Sept batch) already have cracked windscreen.... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Icon_mad
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 27th September 2009, 3:20 pm

My guess is the manufacture quality of the glass use in Korea was not good that's why it crack so easily if the car has a sudden jeck that the impact is great and it break it.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by KIAFAN 27th September 2009, 3:35 pm

can complain to LTA? consumer safety and protection........
KIAFAN
KIAFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 27th September 2009, 4:00 pm

Wonder this manufacturing defects in our Forte is with the windshield or the chassis ?

Has anyone here ever written to CnC for an explanation for the cracked Windshield and received a official reply?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 27th September 2009, 6:09 pm

muff wrote:Wonder this manufacturing defects in our Forte is with the windshield or the chassis ?

Has anyone here ever written to CnC for an explanation for the cracked Windshield and received a official reply?

Why not write directly to Korea IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 256379
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 27th September 2009, 8:30 pm

Update 27 Sept. 2009....... the Sword of Damocles strikes again......

SDW Club
Registry of Members
:

1. Fortessimo
3. Divine
4. nothing
5. newsman
6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
9. K-family
10. liplip
11. The Wonder Girls
12. pbeyondp
13. jonnyteo79 (sgkia)
14. solace (sgkia)
15. dylan6904 (sgkia)
16. kkmichelin (sgkia)
17. junming
18. forte118
19. fortec
20. stev85x
21. GnoMisH (sgkia)
22. DC
24. cort05 (sgkia)
25. TVaddict
26. ahben IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Icon_sad
29. thswei
30. Limpreza
31. g11259 (sgkia)

Last edited by dipstick on 27th September 2009, 9:03 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : additions to list as informed by muff)

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 27th September 2009, 8:40 pm

nothing wrote:I think writing to the press may be more productive.......

Highlighting this matter to either the press or Stomp should set things in motion towards a resolution for this SDW issue. Otherwise, it looks like we will just have to get the windscreen replaced each time it cracks....... maybe even be up to half a dozen times by the time the car is 5 years old.... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Icon_mad

CnC can just continue to replace it until the warranty period expires and then start charging for it.

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 27th September 2009, 9:47 pm

i will be collecting my car soon...i will supoort the online petition too.....

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyboy 27th September 2009, 9:51 pm

The White Cruiser wrote:Improved version windscreen. For affected cars only or for the rest of the future batches?

Do you think we should get all FORTE's owners to pressurized C&C KIA to racall all existing Forte cars to replace the improved version windscreen. IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Icon_twisted

sunnyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by malcolmlew 28th September 2009, 12:56 am

Was told from se is that if the windscreen is crack due to their design fault, the solar film will be given for free if it is inhouse done. if the film is done by the owner then cnc will not warrant it.

i just collected my yesterday and will monitor my car.

malcolmlew

Back to top Go down

Post by zhuzhumao 28th September 2009, 1:23 am

er.. writing to the press and stomp will only make people laugh at us forte buyer for buying kia.. then we will try hard to defence our beloved forte etc..

scarly lta forbid all kia cerato forte from running on the road until the problem is resolved to ensure road safety for driver and road user.. that is a bad disadvantage for us also..
zhuzhumao
zhuzhumao

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 28th September 2009, 10:09 am

any idea if the cracking may be due to the in house solar film (rikecool)?

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by zhuzhumao 28th September 2009, 10:13 am

maybe do a check how many with windscreen cracked had installed solar film and which brand is it..
zhuzhumao
zhuzhumao

Back to top Go down

Post by RCForte 28th September 2009, 2:12 pm

I will be collecting my car in Oct but checked with my Ah Lian SE on the windscreen issue. Was informed that hers, her boss's girlfriend's windscreen cracked too.

I totally agree for the petition or writing to the authorities for lifetime warranty of this issue. Do count me in.

RCForte

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyboy 28th September 2009, 5:48 pm

RCForte wrote:I will be collecting my car in Oct but checked with my Ah Lian SE on the windscreen issue. Was informed that hers, her boss's girlfriend's windscreen cracked too.

I totally agree for the petition or writing to the authorities for lifetime warranty of this issue. Do count me in.

Girlfriend of your Ah Lian se's boss should pull the ear of her boyfriendand ask him to sleep outside until the issue settle.

WE WANT 10-YEAR or LIFETIME WINDSCREEN WARRANTY IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Icon_twisted

sunnyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 28th September 2009, 6:02 pm

KIA is taking a long time to determine the cause of the cracking.....(Mar 09 till today)......

If there is a quality issues with the windscreen by now they would have found the cause. By inspecting and lab testing the strength of those cracked windscreen, they would already know if the windscreen meet the designer's specification.

IMO, it is most probably due to the design of the windscreen or the chassis. The windscreen is part of the structure members and do take up loads.....
if these load exceed the design strength of the windscreen it may cause it to crack or if the chassis flex too much it can also put stress on the windscreen causing it to weaken and crack.
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyboy 28th September 2009, 8:25 pm

zhuzhumao wrote:er.. writing to the press and stomp will only make people laugh at us forte buyer for buying kia.. then we will try hard to defence our beloved forte etc..

scarly lta forbid all kia cerato forte from running on the road until the problem is resolved to ensure road safety for driver and road user.. that is a bad disadvantage for us also..

Yes you already lose "face" when you drive a Forte with windscreen proble. The whole world already know that you are driving a Forte. When you bought a lousy car like Forte...you already displayed poor judgement.

Want to sell your car to my relative? My relative don't mind buying your Forte with windscreen problem...but on the condition that it must be reasonably price. SX 1.6 (A) right? How about $42k. Anyway if you don't sell, people will sure keep laughing at you... seriously better sell your car now and buy a Toyota Vios (about the same price) because you when situation deteriote, you amy one day don't even dare to drive out to the streets as people will laugh at you. IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

sunnyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 28th September 2009, 9:41 pm

Has anyone written to CnC to demand for windscreen lifetime warranty, especially those whose windscreen has cracked?

Is the Online Petition ready? If so, can someone post the link pls.

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by zhuzhumao 29th September 2009, 12:45 am

i just felt that publicise and blow big on forte issue is not a good idea. dun underestimate the power of media.. its something not up to us to control.

difficult to prove anything now. maybe if it really surfaced up in stomp and the gossip papers you will understand what i meant..
zhuzhumao
zhuzhumao

Back to top Go down

Post by zujzuj 29th September 2009, 1:56 am

think we should print out this list , then go down to CnC together....

Then threaten to go to the press if there's no corrective actions.
how ? On ?
We do it during the next meet up ?

1. Fortessimo
3. Divine
4. nothing
5. newsman
6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
9. K-family
10. liplip
11. The Wonder Girls
12. pbeyondp
13. jonnyteo79 (sgkia)
14. solace (sgkia)
15. dylan6904 (sgkia)
16. kkmichelin (sgkia)
17. junming
18. forte118
19. fortec
20. stev85x
21. GnoMisH (sgkia)
22. DC
24. cort05 (sgkia)
25. TVaddict
29. thswei
30. Limpreza
31. g11259 (sgkia)

zujzuj

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Kitty 29th September 2009, 3:20 am

Forte21,

Your screen cracked!!!! OMG!!!! You collected your car less than 10 days and it cracked!!! ALamak...
Hello Kitty
Hello Kitty

Back to top Go down

Post by nsr182 29th September 2009, 12:01 pm

bros n sis...
any pics to show the cracked windscreen...
want to make a thourough check of my car also..
starting to make weird noises while driving..
nsr182
nsr182

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 29th September 2009, 12:03 pm

pg 1 of this thread...
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by van 29th September 2009, 7:39 pm

dipstick wrote:Update 26 Sept. 2009....... the Sword of Damocles strikes yet again and again....

SDW Club
Registry of Members
:

1. Fortessimo
3. Divine
4. nothing
5. newsman
6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
9. K-family
10. liplip
11. The Wonder Girls
12. pbeyondp
13. jonnyteo79 (sgkia)
14. solace (sgkia)
15. dylan6904 (sgkia)
16. kkmichelin (sgkia)
17. junming
18. forte118
19. fortec
20. stev85x
21. GnoMisH (sgkia)
22. DC
24. cort05 (sgkia)
25. TVaddict

Hi Forte21, your forte is sept 2009 batch?? So fast you have collected??
van
van

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next