Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE

+139
froakies
Stefano
forte3737
eric lee
IvanLow
ysc
htp223
1Seth1
Zeed
JasLovesForte
stalejive
forte_or_not
ong
vincent76
jeff2510
Elixir99
aural
ericsoon72
patsy
Hello Kitty
daniu82
TVaddict
tarepanda_lyh
JuanST
pessimizt
shin365
lwlty
powerteo
luvzevil
arkaraka
ace
Kboy
miko komi
shiyre
the wonder girls
zleipnir
Fransge
ctoh
forte1978
Aloysius
Friendlyfool
boardrider02
neofik
tae tae
orichi11
nsr182
turbo4ev
oscar33
hong5333
Andy
joepele
lukester
fergomez74
gravin
Protege
Chilex
amerimacka
nofears
add001
K-Family
antzng
humbug
FeiLeong
eeyore79
FriesL
Kaisu7165
Kiang
kei66
qaz
leedevil
ck7373
scorpey
kysoong
whyeme
dreamzzlandz
soundphile
waypoint
TS
melburn
loveforte
BluRz
lordhawk
jkit
myforte
tohforte
hew
chengwei
kenincf
Divine
NightAngler
JayJ
Redbean
dav2011
bigbull
The Blue Cruiser
leo
ckpay
ozzie75
charnfai30
Xmen2
keigo
ano57
graysgerald79
r11s
andikong
Terrier
Leonard
saturnz^83
fonefun610
tiny
Mahinda
nywa78
Fortei
newsman
Melfiend
dipstick
eraser
vanilor
muff
zlement
Flarea
city_snap
pbeyondp
cboonh
nothing
Cypher
Real.SHIN
Juz@kid
lawrenceke
nocash
Fortec
tish
kapitan
luvxiaobeng
dandeana21
greatgazoo
m
Fortessimo
impact2001
143 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Empty Re: Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE

Post by nothing 12th June 2009, 5:02 pm

whyeme wrote:
nothing wrote:
scorpey wrote:wow... how u knw? u open out and see ar? cyclops

ya, but recommend not to do that bcos initially I also scare scare becos last time my ride no Airbag, happy happy I change steering wheel bcos mine installed with a modular adaptor...this time round also scare abit, imagine snap the cables or ...let me send back to wkshop and confirm it's the root cause before u guys thinking of doing any DIY... Very Happy

wow bro pls be very careful with the airbag mechanism. i watched on discovery channel that the explosive activation achieived by the airbag is possible cos they actually use explosive tablets (something like small bombs).
admire your courage!

That's why I don't recommend u guys to try it...actually have no intention to try but yesterday after reaching MSCP, start playing with steering hub to try to locate the sound, so many times accidentally activate the horns, damn paiseh...in the end go to the boot and took out my toolkit and try.....but must be very careful...sweating like mad inside the car bcos don't want to let the ride idle while I working on it.... Laughing if u guys noticed, the center hub of the steering remain stationary while u turn the steering, the steering wheel hub is revolving around the ABD (airbag module) causing the sound...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Empty Re: Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE

Post by nothing 12th June 2009, 5:05 pm

scorpey wrote:
nothing wrote:
scorpey wrote:wow... how u knw? u open out and see ar? cyclops

ya, but recommend not to do that bcos initially I also scare scare becos last time my ride no Airbag, happy happy I change steering wheel bcos mine installed with a modular adaptor...this time round also scare abit, imagine snap the cables or ...let me send back to wkshop and confirm it's the root cause before u guys thinking of doing any DIY... Very Happy

wa say~ u r the man! better than those C&C tech crew!! *salute*
i hope ur finding will solve this problem once and for all... =)

Thks Very Happy also hope my finding was the root cause..anyway feedback to CnC liao and told them if any forte owners complaint on this steering sound issue try look into the airbag module first.
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 12th June 2009, 5:23 pm

ck7373 wrote:
Leonard wrote:oh yeah .
juz found out this problem wif my alarm .
previously i lock the doors wif my alarm .
after using my keys to open . BY RIGHT it'll sound the horn as alarm .
now .. pffttt the alarm horn doesn't work -__-'''

I suppose the alarm should sound off. I planned to test my alarm today and see whether it works.

no .. by right the horn shld sound as alarm .

tish wrote:i tot the stock got no alarm

precisely .. as above .. the horn shld sound !

nothing wrote:I think stock no alarm more like auto lock/unlock function....EX have aftermarket alarm install....

as above .
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 12th June 2009, 7:34 pm

so if got car break in the horn will sound?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 12th June 2009, 7:54 pm

wats this horn sound as alarm thingy ? me lost....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 12th June 2009, 7:55 pm

I tested on my ride today.....locked with keyless and then open via key....no sound of horn or alarm.....defective??? Any bro can confirm the horn should sound off just like alarm??
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 12th June 2009, 8:13 pm

ck7373 wrote:I tested on my ride today.....locked with keyless and then open via key....no sound of horn or alarm.....defective??? Any bro can confirm the horn should sound off just like alarm??

I didn't know our forte comes with factory alarm...always thought it's
juz a lock n unlock with a boot open and horn sound off function (SX in
my case)
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by whyeme 12th June 2009, 8:59 pm

shucks...my EX got another problem which just occured 3 days ago...
there is this squeakly/high pitched rattling sound from the driver side door panel... especially when going over uneven roads/humps etc... anyone got this too?
could it be door panel not fastened properly?

whyeme

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 12th June 2009, 9:28 pm

Fortec wrote:
ck7373 wrote:I tested on my ride today.....locked with keyless and then open via key....no sound of horn or alarm.....defective??? Any bro can confirm the horn should sound off just like alarm??

my case)

Alarm are freebie from SE one... SX factory default dont have alarm..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 12th June 2009, 9:34 pm

keigo wrote:
Fortec wrote:

my case)

Alarm are freebie from SE one... SX factory default dont have alarm..

Yes my 6 weeks Ride-EX Auto. Alarm is DEAD on the 4th week.
Think the SIREN is DEAD but remote system to ARM Lock n Unlock is working.
Will get CnC to check @ 5K service in July
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 12th June 2009, 9:37 pm

Either relay or fuse blown perhaps...
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 12th June 2009, 10:04 pm

ohh u guys talking about the freebie alarm.

i tot stock use horns as alarm.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by ozzie75 12th June 2009, 10:11 pm

whyeme wrote:shucks...my EX got another problem which just occured 3 days ago...
there is this squeakly/high pitched rattling sound from the driver side door panel... especially when going over uneven roads/humps etc... anyone got this too?

Mine's around the door panel too on my SX, rattling sound, and especially going over uneven roads. Will report that during the 5K servicing.

ozzie75

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 12th June 2009, 10:29 pm

ozzie75 wrote:
whyeme wrote:shucks...my EX got another problem which just occured 3 days ago...

Mine's around the door panel too on my SX, rattling sound, and especially going over uneven roads. Will report that during the 5K servicing.

Issue with my ride is passenger side the area above the glove compartment got a rattling sound..went for 1k svc the person say cannot trace the problem...need to take out the whole dashboard to find the root of problem which will take 1 day..so in the end jus collect the car back and will go back to let them solve the problem when got time ba...

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 12th June 2009, 10:51 pm

Taking out the whole dashboard is not a good idea........ might cause other probs when not fitted back properly. Why not try removing the glove compartment and see if there is anything behind it that is loosely fixed........ Refer to owner's manual on how to remove the glove compartment.

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 12th June 2009, 10:56 pm

dipstick wrote:Taking out the whole dashboard is not a good idea........ might cause other probs when not fitted back properly. Why not try removing the glove compartment and see if there is anything behind it that is loosely fixed........ Refer to owner's manual on how to remove the glove compartment.

i saw the technician remove the glove compartment liao and also removing the rubber "sleeve" at the passenger side door there also cant rectify the fault...or shld i say trace the source of the problem...

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 12th June 2009, 11:11 pm

dipstick wrote:Taking out the whole dashboard is not a good idea........ might cause other probs when not fitted back properly. Why not try removing the glove compartment and see if there is anything behind it that is loosely fixed........ Refer to owner's manual on how to remove the glove compartment.

should also check the mounting point of the female safety belt clip (pax side) located between the glove compartment and the pax seat near the floor....I found mine to be loose (check by shaking the whole clip physically) and found it to be causing the rattling sound whenever got vibration......note that this mounting was last disturbed during the local leather seat installation....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 12th June 2009, 11:14 pm

Maybe i will go take a look but when my gf was sitting there while i driving she also cant deduce where the sound exactly come from bt we pretty sure its near the passenger side aircon duct there..around that area...

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 12th June 2009, 11:26 pm

mine there is rattling noise only when the pax seat is not occupied.... cause it seat belt is utilized the seat belt will cause tension and prevent any rattling......for your case unlikely to be from seat belt clip floor mounting ...
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 12th June 2009, 11:28 pm

I see..anyway thx for info 2...tink will send for repair cos cant be driving for years with that sound ba..though like wat dipstick says might cos other problems...quite a dilemma...hahaha

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Empty Cost of respraying scratches

Post by qaz 13th June 2009, 1:21 am

Hi folks, just scratched my forte while turning in a MSCP. Pain siah...
Anyone have any idea how much would it cost to respray? Would rust set in if I do it later?

Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Dsc00578q.th

Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Dsc00581n.th
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Dsc00579v.th

qaz

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 13th June 2009, 1:33 am

u can try buy paint fron C&C like one of our members here did and I do the spray job for you during the next meet up Very Happy
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 13th June 2009, 1:52 am

another pain incident Mad
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 13th June 2009, 11:02 am

Note: For those brother driving EX, the locally fix alarm sound can be disable and able....by pressing the lock and unlock button together.... Very Happy
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 13th June 2009, 11:43 am

nocash wrote:Note: For those brother driving EX, the locally fix alarm sound can be disable and able....by pressing the lock and unlock button together.... Very Happy

And where is this lock and unlock button? Pic tells a thousand words Very Happy
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 13th June 2009, 11:44 am

i guess what he mean is on your remote control...both the lock and unlock button together

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 13th June 2009, 11:55 am

leedevil wrote:i guess what he mean is on your remote control...both the lock and unlock button together

lolz like that also can ? like playing game to unlock secret lol!
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 13th June 2009, 12:18 pm

Ouch! I feel your pain, Bro. And yes, I suggest you quickly get it repaired because as you said, rust WILL set in. Although the workshop will get the area prepared and primed before the respray, no worries. That area confirm no chance for panel beating, so it's gonna be fillers that'll do the job.

Just make sure they re-paint the whole panel as opposed to a spot-job using original paint(colour code on door panel).

That's been my main concern after switching from driving a pick-up truck to a family sedan; higher ground clearance.

BR,
w a y

qaz wrote:Hi folks, just scratched my forte while turning in a MSCP. Pain siah...
Anyone have any idea how much would it cost to respray? Would rust set in if I do it later?

Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Dsc00578q.th

Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Dsc00581n.th
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 12 Dsc00579v.th
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 13th June 2009, 12:21 pm

Aiyoyoyo...why so kum cheong....
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 13th June 2009, 12:29 pm

greatgazoo wrote:u can try buy paint fron C&C like one of our members here did and I do the spray job for you during the next meet up Very Happy

isnt spraying done by u ?? maybe i mix up the thin thin guy for u...hmmm paiseh abit confuse confused
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 13th June 2009, 12:31 pm

No, lah. I don't think it's a case of kan-cheong... But his 'aga-ration' skill not so good yet... cyclops

nocash wrote:Aiyoyoyo...why so kum cheong....
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 13th June 2009, 12:39 pm

waypoint wrote:No, lah. I don't think it's a case of kan-cheong... But his 'aga-ration' skill not so good yet... cyclops

nocash wrote:Aiyoyoyo...why so kum cheong....

need to advice him to aga aga more often.. Laughing
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 13th June 2009, 1:38 pm

qaz wrote:Hi folks, just scratched my forte while turning in a MSCP. Pain siah...

Are u installing bodykit? If yes, just wait for the installation
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 13th June 2009, 6:43 pm

greatgazoo wrote:u can try buy paint fron C&C like one of our members here did and I do the spray job for you during the next meet up Very Happy

Wah Greatgazoo....... You Thumbs up man...... Hehehe..... anyway for the bro who has his car scratch..... don't worry greatgazoo can do a very good job.....
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 13th June 2009, 7:16 pm

ya just buy the paint from C&C kia
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 13th June 2009, 10:42 pm

ok, for those that have steering plastic squeaking sound, I can 100% confirmed it's the DAB(Airbag module), try folding a small pcs of paper and insert in-between the gap of the DAB(the centre round module with the KIA logo) and the steering wheel hub...I tried and the sound is gone..... Very Happy
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 13th June 2009, 11:00 pm

nothing wrote:ok, for those that have steering plastic squeaking sound, I can 100% confirmed it's the DAB(Airbag module), try folding a small pcs of paper and insert in-between the gap of the DAB(the centre round module with the KIA logo) and the steering wheel hub...I tried and the sound is gone..... Very Happy

Maybe instead of normal paper you can try using teflon strips...
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 13th June 2009, 11:11 pm

nothing wrote:ok, for those that have steering plastic squeaking sound, I can 100% confirmed it's the DAB(Airbag module), try folding a small pcs of paper and insert in-between the gap of the DAB(the centre round module with the KIA logo) and the steering wheel hub...I tried and the sound is gone..... Very Happy

Hi nothing, when I turn the steering wheel, the round centre piece (the one with the KIA logo) also rotate. Yours does not rotate when you turn the steering wheel? Question Question

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 13th June 2009, 11:15 pm

dipstick wrote:

Hi nothing, when I turn the steering wheel, the round centre piece (the one with the KIA logo) also rotate. Yours does not rotate when you turn the steering wheel? Question Question

Yes, the center hub rotate together with the steering wheel however for my case, I suspect poor fitment thus causing some sound when turning at certain angles....the paper is just a temp. measure, just want to confirm my finding to CnC... Laughing
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 13th June 2009, 11:20 pm

if need to insert a paper, could be poor design, maybe can ask C&C to redo the design ?

must complain with power then i think they will do it, its their fault.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by qaz 14th June 2009, 2:19 am

folks, thks for the advice. Think must practice more at narrow mscp. today found another prob, my backseat (40) not able to lock, the level in the boot stuck. so will head down to CnC and get everything done. when 1 thing happens it leads to others. sigh... better go pray.

qaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 14th June 2009, 3:23 am

muff wrote:wats this horn sound as alarm thingy ? me lost....

previously if i remember correctly . i lock the car door wif the remote . upon using my key to open . the horn sounds . what im trying to say .. our car mite be break in wif a duplicate key and the car horn will sound .

my 1000km servicing coming , will check wif pandan side .

Fortec wrote:

my case)

if im not wrong for the HORN part yes .
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 18th June 2009, 3:46 pm

nocash wrote:Note: For those brother driving EX, the locally fix alarm sound can be disable and able....by pressing the lock and unlock button together.... Very Happy

Yes that TRUE. Mine was soundless due to Earth wire near the HORN came out. CnC Teban rectified...now OKIE !
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 18th June 2009, 4:53 pm

Leonard wrote:
muff wrote:wats this horn sound as alarm thingy ? me lost....

previously if i remember correctly . i lock the car door wif the remote . upon using my key to open . the horn sounds . what im trying to say .. our car mite be break in wif a duplicate key and the car horn will sound .

this is actually very good news, then i can save money no ned buy horn le, i tot break in no horn sound...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 18th June 2009, 4:56 pm

newsman wrote:

Yes that TRUE. Mine was soundless due to Earth wire near the HORN came out. CnC Teban rectified...now OKIE !

So confirmed SX no sound during locking/unlocking.
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by kei66 18th June 2009, 4:57 pm

anyone find the ti-ti-ti-ti sound when the keys are not pulled out after engine is turned off irritating ??
kei66
kei66

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 18th June 2009, 5:02 pm

kei66 wrote:anyone find the ti-ti-ti-ti sound when the keys are not pulled out after engine is turned off irritating ??

I got used to it already.... Key not pulled out got sound... more important thing like engine overheat no sound. scratch
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 18th June 2009, 5:15 pm

weeza77 wrote:
newsman wrote:

confirm.... but the SX remote can make the horn sound to locate car.

kei66 wrote:anyone find the ti-ti-ti-ti sound when the keys are not pulled out after engine is turned off irritating ??
imagine ur key in there. u close car door, hands too many things and ur kids make noise and u forgot about the key and lock door and go home, tomorrow car gone......

so key inside engine off... ti ti ti is good lol!! lol!
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 18th June 2009, 7:07 pm

Try this...

If the 'RED' portion on the lever for the 40-side can still be seen even if the seat has been returned to the original upright position, push it down harder just under the head-rest.

See if the lever clicks back into place.

BR,
w a y

qaz wrote:folks, thks for the advice. Think must practice more at narrow mscp. today found another prob, my backseat (40) not able to lock, the level in the boot stuck. so will head down to CnC and get everything done. when 1 thing happens it leads to others. sigh... better go pray.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 18th June 2009, 10:20 pm

weeza77 wrote:
newsman wrote:

Our EX n Alarm is installed locally, alarm sound can be disable and able....by pressing the lock and unlock button together....however my Earth Wire came loose n sound was DEAD..now rectified n Sound is ALIVE.

U needs to chk with SX members....on yr system!!
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next