Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread

+15
omg2doors
Corgel
unlimitedz
jeRrRKKKK
johnno
SoBeR
hellbabe
NiVleK
epig
edea_12
whitechoco
joA
greatgazoo
redkoup
rickong
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread

Post by jeRrRKKKK 18th October 2009, 6:50 pm

whitechoco wrote:
jeRrRKKKK wrote:
johnno wrote:rikecool is a solar film brand.
when i bought mine they also said will give solar flim ($950) and pain protector ($260)
what other freebies did you guys get?

u getting which kind of paint protector ?

dunno leh... he just tell me paint protector $260
anyway what freebies did you get?

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread

Post by rickong 18th October 2009, 7:02 pm

You have to learn to control your right foot. It is possible to break lightly without jerking the car.

rickong

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 18th October 2009, 10:27 pm

SoBeR wrote:Hey, just wondering, during my test drive earlier this afternoon on the 1.6A. Whenever I place my foot (place only, no even depressed yet), the brakes bite quite a bit and the car becomes very jerky, I suppose tis due to the firmer suspension. But I tot the brakes are just too sensitive?

Anyone feels this way too? I don't drive a car normally. But I'm pretty "gentle" with the controls. Or maybe, I just have a heavy foot?!?! Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Suspect

It's like tat for the first time, you will have to get use to it and how to control your pressure on the brakes.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 18th October 2009, 10:40 pm

for auto cars, there is a way to brake without jerking. U depress on the brake (abt half), when almost coming to a stop, release the brake slightly before depressing it again. It will stop without that jerking Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_smile
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by SoBeR 18th October 2009, 11:34 pm

Hey thanks for the tips greatgazoo and whitrechoco.

Ah, its like I lift my foot off the accelerator, and just _place_ it on the brake, the car starts to jerk a little. My driving can't be that bad right?!?!? (Hmm ok ok I know about how every driver says their driving is good, but seriously, this is just simple braking?!!?). Hmm I suspect maybe it is just that car that has a brake that is really sensitive or theres a glitch with the ESP??
SoBeR
SoBeR

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 18th October 2009, 11:38 pm

Reviews are saying that the brake bites too much when depressed a little. I guess I have to just test drive myself to verify it.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 18th October 2009, 11:45 pm

u r welcome sober. I guess like what bro gazoo said, we got to get used to the brake in the different cars. Every cars got diff braking. I tried honda, the previous and new altis before. All diff kind. But after getting used to it, will be fine Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_smile

I myself would prefer a more sensitive brake rather than one that is not. At least I know I dun really have to press that hard to brake.. I think the koup brake indeed more sensitive but still ok for me.
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 19th October 2009, 10:41 am

Wow... koup forum is sure lively once again n again.. haha... lotz ta newcomers i see... great!!
koup comes with auto-mirrors... Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_lol
if black leather seats with red thresding, i'll stick with tat man.. haha..

cant allocate time 4testdrive.. mayb 2wks later ba.. who wanna go 4another round!??! whahaha..

btw i saw e green koup @ 1430hrs yst(leaving LK, turning right to commonwealth).. ITZ Eye-catching man!!!

whitechoco wrote:okay guys, I'm back from the test drive. Go there at 1130 and there is so many ppl liao lo. had to wait for almost an hr for my turn. While waiting, I checked out the white koup in the showroom.

They only got 3 cars for test drive - the lime green, red and blue. Red and blue is 2.0L. Green is the only 1.6L. So practically everyone use the green to test loh.

There seems to be a mad rush during test drive. SE very busy running ard, trying to squeeze sometime for me. Worse still got a bus accident nearby. So when it was my turn, SE asked me take a different route and basically only goes one round and finish test drive in less than 5 mins! Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_silent I must say that I didn't really get to fully test it. But some points noted:

1. Like rickong said, power not that great. I also had to step more on the accelerator. But it was smooth. What more can we ask from a non-turbo car.

2. Ride was stable especially when taking bends. prob due to the 17 inch rims.

3. Yes, there is noise but not as loud as I imagined it to be. Still can make do with it. SE mentioned can do sound clad for $300. Ask me consider if I really want. But I think the noise is fine (to get the feel of driving a sports car) Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_razz ...

For those who needs to know,

1. SE says the koup comes with the auto folding mirror (dunno if she referring to my batch or?)
2. Black leather seats comes with red trimming - at least the green koup one is like that. (may need to double check again - SE keeps talking during the ride only) LOL
3. Bluetooth kit dun have.
4. Push start only for auto.
5. Can change dashboard colour for $400 (But i dun fancy this)
6. Change leather seats and the door side color for $300.
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 19th October 2009, 12:24 pm

Ya, this lime-green is definitely one eye-catehing on the road, can't run away Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Lol Nobody book this colour?
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 19th October 2009, 12:40 pm

unlimitedz wrote:Wow... koup forum is sure lively once again n again.. haha... lotz ta newcomers i see... great!!
koup comes with auto-mirrors... Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_lol

cant allocate time 4testdrive.. mayb 2wks later ba.. who wanna go 4another round!??! whahaha..

btw i saw e green koup @ 1430hrs yst(leaving LK, turning right to commonwealth).. ITZ Eye-catching man!!!

I will be calling SE later in the afternoon. Help u double cfm k. I think good that u gg for test drive 2 weeks later by then may not be as crowded liao. Can test drive properly. I wanna go again but paiseh lah.. lol.. Shall just wait for my ride.

C & C must be purposely use the green koup for us to test.. it's to catch attention one. hahaa..
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 19th October 2009, 3:06 pm

redkoup wrote:Welcome to another Koup owner! IMHO, any NA car wif an
auto tranny below 2.4L will feel never feel powerful. For a distinct
pulling sensation, gotta go for a 2.0L turbo n above wif torque figures
of 300Nm n above.

Btw, wat do u mean by u paid $1k more above the current price? C&C raised price oredi?

Never sit in a civic type r before? 2.0l na, go test drive ba... Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_wink

SoBeR wrote:Hey thanks for the tips greatgazoo and whitrechoco.

Ah, its like I lift my foot off the accelerator, and just _place_ it on the brake, the car starts to jerk a little. My driving can't be that bad right?!?!? (Hmm ok ok I know about how every driver says their driving is good, but seriously, this is just simple braking?!!?). Hmm I suspect maybe it is just that car that has a brake that is really sensitive or theres a glitch with the ESP??

Are u just starting to drive? When I first drove my dad's renault megane, I got the same reactions as well... haven't tried the koup yet but looking from specs, the braking power is much stronger than a megane... After getting used to it won't happen anymore... except sometimes when doing left-foot braking... Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_razz
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 19th October 2009, 3:07 pm

mine doesn't come with auto folding mirror too...
1.6 manual here

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 19th October 2009, 5:23 pm

test drove the 1.6(A) cos no 1.6MT to test.. with full load, the pick up really v bad..

but i guess that's one of the few bad things about ther car..

in d end booked a white 1.6MT... Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 19th October 2009, 5:33 pm

hahah.. no worries... wanna testdrive again also can... as my passenger.. whahah...

yup, hope by then e 1.6M is in... LOL...

KOUP family is groWING man... nice..

whitechoco wrote:
unlimitedz wrote:Wow... koup forum is sure lively once again n again.. haha... lotz ta newcomers i see... great!!

I will be calling SE later in the afternoon. Help u double cfm k. I think good that u gg for test drive 2 weeks later by then may not be as crowded liao. Can test drive properly. I wanna go again but paiseh lah.. lol.. Shall just wait for my ride.

C & C must be purposely use the green koup for us to test.. it's to catch attention one. hahaa..
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 19th October 2009, 7:01 pm

unlimitedz wrote:hahah.. no worries... wanna testdrive again also can... as my passenger.. whahah...

Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Lol

btw, for all of u, fyi, i checked with my SE liao.. the black leather seats do come with the red threading. But one thing to note (something new to me, wouldn't notice if I never ask my SE either). She said the black leather seats hor, not totally leather leh. The back part (those not in contact with our body - like the back of the seats) are not leather. It is fabric. No one sit as my passenger in the green koup so I cannot double verify - but this is what my SE told me. Which is why she said to change to red leather seats need to top up $300 due to whole thing will be leather. (if it is mixed of leather + fabric, dun need to top up but thing is supplier doesn't have it).
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by rickong 19th October 2009, 8:05 pm

omg2doors wrote:test drove the 1.6(A) cos no 1.6MT to test.. with full load, the pick up really v bad..

in d end booked a white 1.6MT... Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

I like claypot bak kut teh... where is the stall in your picture located?

rickong

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 19th October 2009, 8:30 pm

btw, it seems tt our koup doesn't come with ESP ?
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 19th October 2009, 8:38 pm

rickong wrote:
omg2doors wrote:test drove the 1.6(A) cos no 1.6MT to test.. with full load, the pick up really v bad..

sin heng bak kut teh.. joo chiat area near katong mall.. i live ard there..

eh nx time meet up go there haha.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by rickong 19th October 2009, 10:12 pm

omg2doors wrote:
rickong wrote:

sin heng bak kut teh.. joo chiat area near katong mall.. i live ard there..

eh nx time meet up go there haha.

Great! Let's meet up once we get ours cars. You can come to Balestier where I live for the bak kut teh too Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

rickong

Back to top Go down

Post by rickong 19th October 2009, 10:15 pm

whitechoco wrote:btw, it seems tt our koup doesn't come with ESP ?

What is ESP?

rickong

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 19th October 2009, 11:09 pm

rickong wrote:

What is ESP?

electronic power steering.
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by chernobyl 19th October 2009, 11:15 pm

whitechoco wrote:
rickong wrote:

What is ESP?

bro whitechoco, think rickong is asking esp, not eps.... hahah
chernobyl
chernobyl

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 19th October 2009, 11:22 pm

chernobyl wrote:
whitechoco wrote:
rickong wrote:

What is ESP?

oh alamak.. paiseh.. i'm the one who is wrong.. I should be typing eps instead of esp Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_redface
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by lwlty 19th October 2009, 11:40 pm

use Motor Driven Power Steering (MDPS)

lwlty

Back to top Go down

Post by johnno 19th October 2009, 11:51 pm

Koup doesn't come with electronic steering, instead it comes with the conventional hydraulic type.
johnno
johnno

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 19th October 2009, 11:55 pm

ah.. that explains why the steering wheel feels kind of heavy
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by psionix 20th October 2009, 12:22 am

Electronic Stability Programme

psionix

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 20th October 2009, 12:40 am

lol.. I just gotta get used to the hydraulic steering then Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_smile
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 20th October 2009, 1:15 am

hydraulic steering gives more driving feel!
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 20th October 2009, 1:21 am

really??
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by rickong 20th October 2009, 9:48 am

chernobyl wrote:
whitechoco wrote:
rickong wrote:

What is ESP?

whitechoco is a sis, not a bro

rickong

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 20th October 2009, 10:52 am

joA wrote:really??

according to this review, the eps gives vague driving feel... the assistance comes on and off so it'll be difficult (or even dangerous) to drive when u're on the track... I'll definitely take the hydraulic steering... if however u don't drive fast at all, the eps will be good as it improves mileage by 2-3%...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 20th October 2009, 11:04 am

rickong wrote:
chernobyl wrote:bro whitechoco, think rickong is asking esp, not eps.... hahah

whitechoco is a sis, not a bro

lol.. thxs rickong Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_redface
why got no other lady koupians here.. hehe
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by hellbabe 20th October 2009, 11:21 am

im a lady too.. a pair thou.. me n hubby.. hehe
hellbabe
hellbabe

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 20th October 2009, 12:22 pm

hellbabe wrote:im a lady too.. a pair thou.. me n hubby.. hehe
Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_cheers
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 20th October 2009, 1:13 pm

Didnt know you are a sis....hahahaha
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 20th October 2009, 1:18 pm

Hmmm.. thank you for sharing... great... red threading... Kool.....
i will stick wif black leather... hahah... guess quite a # gettin whitekoup wif red seats... looks great man!! hahah.. epighas already post csII.. hope they allocate nice budget...

whitechoco wrote:
unlimitedz wrote:hahah.. no worries... wanna testdrive again also can... as my passenger.. whahah...

Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Lol

btw, for all of u, fyi, i checked with my SE liao.. the black leather seats do come with the red threading. But one thing to note (something new to me, wouldn't notice if I never ask my SE either). She said the black leather seats hor, not totally leather leh. The back part (those not in contact with our body - like the back of the seats) are not leather. It is fabric. No one sit as my passenger in the green koup so I cannot double verify - but this is what my SE told me. Which is why she said to change to red leather seats need to top up $300 due to whole thing will be leather. (if it is mixed of leather + fabric, dun need to top up but thing is supplier doesn't have it).
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 20th October 2009, 1:25 pm

NiVleK wrote:Didnt know you are a sis....hahahaha
lol.. no worries.. everyone also thot i am a bro initially
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 20th October 2009, 1:27 pm

unlimitedz wrote:Hmmm.. thank you for sharing... great... red threading... Kool.....
i will stick wif black leather... hahah... guess quite a # gettin whitekoup wif red seats... looks great man!! hahah.. epighas already post csII.. hope they allocate nice budget...

yah.. saw his post.. Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
thxs epig!
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 20th October 2009, 1:29 pm

yeah, lets pray hard man... still deciding on cnc pps or csII... hmmm... wait till ride is nearer ba.... hahah..

whitechoco wrote:
unlimitedz wrote:Hmmm.. thank you for sharing... great... red threading... Kool.....

yah.. saw his post.. Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
thxs epig!
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by chernobyl 20th October 2009, 1:36 pm

csII has my vote.....
chernobyl
chernobyl

Back to top Go down

Post by redkoup 20th October 2009, 3:56 pm

whitechoco wrote:ah.. that explains why the steering wheel feels kind of heavy

We shld thank our lucky stars that the Koup comes wif hydraulic steering. It feels more meaty and natural. Tested the Forte wif electric steering - very weird weighting and artificial feeling.
redkoup
redkoup

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 20th October 2009, 4:39 pm

whitechoco wrote:

next time change ur pic to U sitting inside the car then everyone will know liao...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 20th October 2009, 5:03 pm

redkoup wrote:
whitechoco wrote:ah.. that explains why the steering wheel feels kind of heavy

We shld thank our lucky stars that the Koup comes wif hydraulic steering. It feels more meaty and natural. Tested the Forte wif electric steering - very weird weighting and artificial feeling.

That's what my fren told me too. So yeah, I will get use to the hydraulic one Koup 1.6 Test Drive Impressions Thread - Page 2 Icon_smile
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 20th October 2009, 5:05 pm

Corgel wrote:
whitechoco wrote:

next time change ur pic to U sitting inside the car then everyone will know liao...

aiyo.. lol!
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 20th October 2009, 5:06 pm

okay... im blur now... thought e hydralic is for manuals only?!! Prefer hydralics steering too..=) never like power steering...
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by redkoup 20th October 2009, 5:31 pm

both manual n auto hv power steering. it's juz powered by either hydraulics or electric.

if no power steering, each time park car like drive lorry liao.
redkoup
redkoup

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 20th October 2009, 5:37 pm

unlimitedz wrote:okay... im blur now... thought e hydralic is for manuals only?!! Prefer hydralics steering too..=) never like power steering...

first time own a car??
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by rickong 20th October 2009, 5:38 pm

I'll be going with CSII most likely. Is there a GB price?

rickong

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 20th October 2009, 5:40 pm

rickong wrote:I'll be going with CSII most likely. Is there a GB price?

bro epig has enquired abt this in the other CS-II thread. We are awaiting reply from them
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next