Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE

+139
froakies
Stefano
forte3737
eric lee
IvanLow
ysc
htp223
1Seth1
Zeed
JasLovesForte
stalejive
forte_or_not
ong
vincent76
jeff2510
Elixir99
aural
ericsoon72
patsy
Hello Kitty
daniu82
TVaddict
tarepanda_lyh
JuanST
pessimizt
shin365
lwlty
powerteo
luvzevil
arkaraka
ace
Kboy
miko komi
shiyre
the wonder girls
zleipnir
Fransge
ctoh
forte1978
Aloysius
Friendlyfool
boardrider02
neofik
tae tae
orichi11
nsr182
turbo4ev
oscar33
hong5333
Andy
joepele
lukester
fergomez74
gravin
Protege
Chilex
amerimacka
nofears
add001
K-Family
antzng
humbug
FeiLeong
eeyore79
FriesL
Kaisu7165
Kiang
kei66
qaz
leedevil
ck7373
scorpey
kysoong
whyeme
dreamzzlandz
soundphile
waypoint
TS
melburn
loveforte
BluRz
lordhawk
jkit
myforte
tohforte
hew
chengwei
kenincf
Divine
NightAngler
JayJ
Redbean
dav2011
bigbull
The Blue Cruiser
leo
ckpay
ozzie75
charnfai30
Xmen2
keigo
ano57
graysgerald79
r11s
andikong
Terrier
Leonard
saturnz^83
fonefun610
tiny
Mahinda
nywa78
Fortei
newsman
Melfiend
dipstick
eraser
vanilor
muff
zlement
Flarea
city_snap
pbeyondp
cboonh
nothing
Cypher
Real.SHIN
Juz@kid
lawrenceke
nocash
Fortec
tish
kapitan
luvxiaobeng
dandeana21
greatgazoo
m
Fortessimo
impact2001
143 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 3 Empty Re: Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE

Post by tish 16th April 2009, 7:52 pm

nocash wrote:
tish wrote:im in another place for next 6 days, now only managed to get laptop kekekk

will you be coming for the meet-up?

cant coz i cannot leave this place for 1 week
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE - Page 3 Empty Re: Problems/Enquiries/Concerns encounter for FORTE

Post by tish 16th April 2009, 7:54 pm

cboonh wrote:
kapitan wrote:
nocash wrote:
tish wrote:im in another place for next 6 days, now only managed to get laptop kekekk

He can't cum......

as he professed in the ladies thread.....

omg... that's serious...! :O Shocked silent tongue
No lah!!! i very gd at cuming!!!! lol!
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 16th April 2009, 7:59 pm

tish wrote:
cboonh wrote:
kapitan wrote:
nocash wrote:

He can't cum......

Jeezus...this is a bit out of topic liao leh!
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 16th April 2009, 8:20 pm

OI!!! u jia lat lah.. hai-yo!!! ** no eyes see **
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Flarea 16th April 2009, 8:25 pm

tish wrote:
cboonh wrote:
kapitan wrote:
nocash wrote:

He can't cum......

TOO MUCH INFO!!!! affraid lol!
Flarea
Flarea

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 16th April 2009, 10:23 pm

cboonh wrote:Fellow members that have collected your vehicles, do you feel that the gearbox area (near to your left shin) will get a little warm after awhile of driving? Is this normal?

hi bro cboonh, my ride oso encounter e same prob too.. i went to pandan service centre to chk e knocking sound prob n highlighted tis pt too..

when my car was jack up e tech show me dat e catalyst converter is actually under e gear stick area n heat is generated from it dats y e area ard e gearbox will get a little warm..
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 16th April 2009, 10:33 pm

zlement wrote:
cboonh wrote:Fellow members that have collected your vehicles, do you feel that the gearbox area (near to your left shin) will get a little warm after awhile of driving? Is this normal?

hi bro cboonh, my ride oso encounter e same prob too.. i went to pandan service centre to chk e knocking sound prob n highlighted tis pt too..

when my car was jack up e tech show me dat e catalyst converter is actually under e gear stick area n heat is generated from it dats y e area ard e gearbox will get a little warm..

in that case, the heat generated was from the cat converter not that the auto gearbox got heated up....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 17th April 2009, 12:24 am

nothing wrote:
zlement wrote:

in that case, the heat generated was from the cat converter not that the auto gearbox got heated up....

I've check again and dun feel the heat.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 17th April 2009, 10:18 am

so too much heat at gearbox good or nt gd?? gear box oil evaporate?? oil breaking down lose function??
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by cboonh 17th April 2009, 3:06 pm

zlement wrote:

Thank you for the information zlement! But it's wierd that they design an external device that affects the internal area. Anyway from what you see, is there enough space to do insulation to reduce the heat ma?
cboonh
cboonh

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 17th April 2009, 6:30 pm

i was quite suspecious heat building up there where other drivers doesnt have this problem.

can they change a catalyst for him?? it maybe some foreign object trapped causing the heat....
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 17th April 2009, 6:54 pm

Ask the mech to check the transmission oil level? Scully not enough, hence heat build up alot.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 17th April 2009, 10:23 pm

Fortec wrote:Ask the mech to check the transmission oil level? Scully not enough, hence heat build up alot.

Auto oil and engine oil, can do self check, pull up the auto fluid/engine oil dip stick, clean it, insert fully back in and pull out, check the against the level indicator mark on it....there r usually 2 indicators, one cater for checking while it's hot another when it's cold (ex. u check in the morning after parking for the night)
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 17th April 2009, 10:40 pm

cboonh wrote:
zlement wrote:

Thank you for the information zlement! But it's wierd that they design an external device that affects the internal area. Anyway from what you see, is there enough space to do insulation to reduce the heat ma?

i tik shd hv space for insulation but dunno those insulation material can stick well anot.. coz it under carriage area leh..
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 18th April 2009, 10:12 am

actually i advise u not insulate first... send for a check. if bo bian then insulate the wall where the catalyst affect. dun insulate the catalyst converter itself, coz no1 knows wat happen if heat cannot dissipate will build up wat kinda pressure...

all the best bro!! cheers
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 18th April 2009, 12:18 pm

Beta to check with technician if it's possible to put cos the catalyst area was small & if the heat can't escape & build up inside, performace will be affected.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 18th April 2009, 1:04 pm

understand some people remove their catalyst so as to get more power...(illegal mod)....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by cboonh 18th April 2009, 1:47 pm

zlement wrote:

i tik shd hv space for insulation but dunno those insulation material can stick well anot.. coz it under carriage area leh..

Thanks for the clarification bro.

To explain more clearly where i feel the heat coming from to all. The heat is not coming from the gear shift area.. It's somewhere further up, nearer to you lower leg area. when i'm driving, my left leg will step on the leg rest and lean against the panel.. that's where i feel the heat. Smile

Anyway, the heat is more noticeable if you were to drive again after you had just driven and park your vehicle. Say you go for dinner, then park, then drive home. usually will notice during the driving home journey.
cboonh
cboonh

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 18th April 2009, 2:51 pm

cboonh wrote:
zlement wrote:

Thanks for the clarification bro.

To explain more clearly where i feel the heat coming from to all. The heat is not coming from the gear shift area.. It's somewhere further up, nearer to you lower leg area. when i'm driving, my left leg will step on the leg rest and lean against the panel.. that's where i feel the heat. Smile

Anyway, the heat is more noticeable if you were to drive again after you had just driven and park your vehicle. Say you go for dinner, then park, then drive home. usually will notice during the driving home journey.

my situation is same as yours... its not very hot just a little warm lor... as long as it dun affect anything, actually i'm ok wif it... anyway i'll bring it up during my 5K servicing n c how lor..
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by vanilor 20th April 2009, 10:38 am

for those using Mp3 players, after off engine..will it continued to be charged using car battery? i noticed this after using my mp3 player plugged inthe USB slot.

Guess we have to live with the slight heat for now..

vanilor

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 21st April 2009, 1:44 am

It not continous it juz like cracking urm... 3 - 4 times wheneva I step on brake when i release no more liao... Will check C&C when 1 K Service...[/quote]

Dunnoe too late to reply anot.
1) Do you hear that sound when you are braking slowly? as in stepping softly at the brake pedal ? the sound will stop after you completely stopped?
2) Do you hear that sound only when you are braking at very or slow speed?
3) Do you hear the similar sound when you get in your car in the morning? not in 3-4 cracking sound but as in 1 cracking sound ?
4) Do you hear that sound when you inch forward with foot brake slightly released ?

If Yes to 3 or more of the above, then it should be normal for an AUTO car to generate that sound.
I use to get that sound when I was driving my dad's OLD car, because the power is continuously delivered to your wheels, and the thing stopping your car is the brakes, thats why you hear cracking/ rubbing or squeaking sound when braking at slow speed or when inching forward. But of course I mentioned old car do that, because the torque converter in the past are not as intelligent as what we have now, so do other auto forte drivers in here have that squeaky or rubbing sound ? I haven't collected my yet and i didn't test that during my test drive keke

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st April 2009, 9:24 am

there could also be a mouse in the auto gear box if u keep hearing squek squek squek hehehe j/king jocolor

But sounds like a serious prom, coz new car cannot be fitted with old technology auto gear box mah.... but i do know in stop position, releasing braking slowly will create some squeking sound.... releasing of the pafs from disc during rotation of the disc
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 21st April 2009, 1:46 pm

Hi all, Does anyone know how or wat to use to take the forte word out (without demagin)???? and wat should i use to stick it back??? I'm very uncomfortable with the Forte word slanting here and there.... thought of doin it myself....
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 21st April 2009, 2:03 pm

steps:
1. peel off slowly
2. paste double sided tape behind e forte alpabet
(buy tape at DIY)
3. align n paste (aga aga) Smile
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 21st April 2009, 2:07 pm

Use thin fishing lines (not braided line) pull tight at both end of the string and slice it across the wordings, should comes off easily...standby some polish, clean up the surface, wipe clean before putting back the letterings...use 3M heavy duty double side tape meant for outdoor usage....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 21st April 2009, 2:59 pm

nothing wrote:Use thin fishing lines (not braided line) pull tight at both end of the string and slice it across the wordings, should comes off easily...standby some polish, clean up the surface, wipe clean before putting back the letterings...use 3M heavy duty double side tape meant for outdoor usage....

Just to add a very important step. After removing the FORTE emblem with the fishing line and cleaning off the glue residue, clean the area with a cloth slightly dampened with turpentine. Likely wipe the area to remove the car polish so that the double sided tape with stick properly. Wipe lightly only and clean off the area with tissue paper...... do not use excessive force and do not wipe like mad.

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st April 2009, 3:15 pm

how about removing the cerato and kia emblem?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 21st April 2009, 9:21 pm

tish wrote:how about removing the cerato and kia emblem?

It will be the same method as applied above. Make sure you wear a glove or the fishing line might cut your hand.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 21st April 2009, 10:39 pm

Before running the fishing line through, it is best to heat it up alittle, by hair dryer or a strong lamp.....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 21st April 2009, 10:40 pm

greatgazoo wrote:

It will be the same method as applied above. Make sure you wear a glove or the fishing line might cut your hand.

no need la...he got fishing rod lol!
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 21st April 2009, 11:42 pm

wahaha.... Fishing rod... Tat's a good one
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by Melfiend 22nd April 2009, 12:01 am

you guys are awesome!
Melfiend
Melfiend

Back to top Go down

Post by vanilor 22nd April 2009, 12:12 am

best to remove CnC logo also..dun sapport them

vanilor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 22nd April 2009, 12:19 am

vanilor wrote:best to remove CnC logo also..dun sapport them

Where's the CnC logo?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by vanilor 22nd April 2009, 12:34 am

the CNC logo at the boot, bottom right beside number plate

vanilor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 22nd April 2009, 12:41 am

vanilor wrote:the CNC logo at the boot, bottom right beside number plate

Thx 4 directions Very Happy cheers
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 22nd April 2009, 12:37 pm

nocash wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:

no need la...he got fishing rod lol!

hehe, fish ten logos/wording up ya... then wat should i use for bait?? lol!
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 22nd April 2009, 11:56 pm

Greatgazoo, I had a look just now when I went to fetch my mom. My car is higher than yours. I did a check and the ride height difference is about 3/4 inch. It's probably due to the new shocks not being work hard enough yet. Or they change some settings for my batch of Forte.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 23rd April 2009, 12:09 am

Oh no. Wat should I say. I think your torsion beam is abit more longer or pressure inside thatz why it lift the car higher. No wonder when your car is beside mind, I find it funny and taller.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 23rd April 2009, 12:16 am

It's ok lah...today I park head in...juz barely clear the kurb.....blessing in disguise haha.

I'll probably check with the mechs during 1k Service to see if that's the proper ride height.

Good to have a another Forte around hehe Razz
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 23rd April 2009, 12:36 am

Fortec wrote:It's ok lah...today I park head in...juz barely clear the kurb.....blessing in disguise haha.

I'll probably check with the mechs during 1k Service to see if that's the proper ride height.

lol! With this inch of height increase you sure wont hear the knock sound. But it looks like mind become very small. Going to wash my car this fri or sat cos I saw a layer of super dust on my car liao.You wanna join in? hiaz. Stupid construction on new building next to our block. Block my nature view somemore.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 23rd April 2009, 12:37 am

aahhh?? both of u are neighbours ah???
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 23rd April 2009, 12:39 am

dandeana21 wrote:aahhh?? both of u are neighbours ah???

lolz yup. Same block same carpark lol! We can alway wash together and go meet-up together. Nice to have a neighbour.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 23rd April 2009, 12:40 am

WWAAAHHH.. so good.. my car so lonely here.. Sad no kaki... oni kakis for my car here are the birds and cats.. Suspect
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 23rd April 2009, 12:41 am

greatgazoo wrote:
Fortec wrote:It's ok lah...today I park head in...juz barely clear the kurb.....blessing in disguise haha.

lol! With this inch of heigh increase you sure wont hear the knock sound. But it looks like mind become very small. Going to wash my car this fri or sat cos I saw a layer of super dust on my car liao.You wanna join in? hiaz. Stupid construction on new building next to our block. Block my nature view somemore.

Maybe sat night free only but then got soccer lol....got to go help my mom shop for a kitchen sink for her new place.

Ya lor...the new bto..so fast built...haven't even move in 1year yet.

btw what car wash barang barang u use? I haven't go get any yet. 2 days of rain showing on the car already.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 23rd April 2009, 1:08 am

Fortec wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:

lol! With this inch of heigh increase you sure wont hear the knock sound. But it looks like mind become very small. Going to wash my car this fri or sat cos I saw a layer of super dust on my car liao.You wanna join in? hiaz. Stupid construction on new building next to our block. Block my nature view somemore.

Maybe sat night free only but then got soccer lol....got to go help my mom shop for a kitchen sink for her new place.

btw what car wash barang barang u use? I haven't go get any yet. 2 days of rain showing on the car already.

Then you better start washing and apply lotion liao so that the paint last longer. lol I intend to wash it this Sat also. Forgot the brand liao, let me go check it out and will let you know.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 23rd April 2009, 7:12 am

lolz yup. Same block same carpark lol! We can alway wash together and go meet-up together. Nice to have a neighbour.[/quote]

Issit me ? or does this sound like a scene from brokeback mountain ? keke Razz

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 23rd April 2009, 9:20 am

eraser wrote:lolz yup. Same block same carpark lol! We can alway wash together and go meet-up together. Nice to have a neighbour.

Issit me ? or does this sound like a scene from brokeback mountain ? keke Razz[/quote]

Yoz Bro, Singapore no mountain leh, only trees Razz
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Melfiend 23rd April 2009, 10:16 am

greatgazoo wrote:
Fortec wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:

Then you better start washing and apply lotion liao so that the paint last longer. lol I intend to wash it this Sat also. Forgot the brand liao, let me go check it out and will let you know.

start washin and apply lotion??
hidden agenda...
hahahahahahahahahahaahhhhahahaahahahaha
kiddin,dudes
Melfiend
Melfiend

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 23rd April 2009, 10:42 am

Melfiend wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:
Fortec wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:

start washin and apply lotion??
hidden agenda...
hahahahahahahahahahaahhhhahahaahahahaha
kiddin,dudes
wow!! very dramatic wor!! But i can imagine also hahaha lol! lol! lol!

greatgazoo wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:aahhh?? both of u are neighbours ah???

lolz yup. Same block same carpark lol! We can alway wash together and go meet-up together. Nice to have a neighbour.
ENVY, if i get my car n my had is not heal yet, would u all help me wash n rub also ?? lol! lol!
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next