Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported.

+149
hikaru
lwlty
babyt
livercat
armstrong
earthtrodder
hanxiang87
Forte2010
IPOH FORTE
Helix
gackthoe
shin365
epin
hsjose
Patklee
EvoForte
ginn
aliensix
hocksz
superkam
dEXTER C
aswalkersg
Kiang
genexis
tarepanda_lyh
chillout
fortetobe
GnoMisH
cboonh
cpt_zr
genevievepearly
Stefano
KIA1234
vinfang
KingJerry
oceandrives
VAG
hong5333
Siaoster
tiny
nightfever
stalejive
xianren
KenOrCannot
joepele
Blacks
Zeed
lordhawk
jl1500k
lufu
CuteDaDa
ck7373
arkaraka
ctoh
rockstarforte
Potatoes
astroboy28
ong
Elixir99
wkc
Flywheel
czhihong
kevinhwc
ace
miko komi
daniu82
nsr182
Hello Kitty
RCForte
zhuzhumao
malcolmlew
sunnyboy
KIAFAN
FORTE21
zujzuj
cnxeon
patsy
JuanST
ano57
mh3400
Shaq
KiaSG
aural
ahben
TVaddict
chamot16
taychua
dc
andikong
stev85x
notsogoodman
forte118
van
Fransge
duncton
pessimizt
junming
lukester
pbeyondp
the wonder girls
liplip
Tristanity
K-Family
jackohy
kysoong
Kaisu7165
FriesL
Leonard
Terrier
kenincf
NightAngler
shah
scorpey
newsman
limpreza
sporeboy
lawrenceke
BluRz
mwerkz
Cypher
dipstick
turbo4ev
Divine
Duser
kapitan
leo
dreamzzlandz
Juz@kid
charnfai30
impact2001
luvxiaobeng
wrathofheavennn
tish
ozzie75
ForKia
nothing
eraser
graysgerald79
dandeana21
Fortec
The Blue Cruiser
greatgazoo
muff
melburn
zlement
Redbean
nocash
keigo
Fortessimo
153 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 3 Empty Re: IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported.

Post by nothing 5th June 2009, 9:00 am

Divine wrote:yes like nothing said the excess for windscr is only 100.. but i didnt pay a single cent too nothing bro how many days later they install ur solar film? they die die ask me wait 10 days kns

When I asked, they told me 4-5 days good enough...So Mon replaced, tomorrow (Sat) I will install the sunfilm Very Happy
Who is the one attend to you?
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 3 Empty Re: IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported.

Post by sporeboy 5th June 2009, 12:29 pm

What to do ?.....my repair done in Teban.....SE told me Leng Kee cannot do this.....my SE is not providing good servoce

sporeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 5th June 2009, 1:21 pm

sporeboy wrote:What to do ?.....my repair done in Teban.....SE told me Leng Kee cannot do this.....my SE is not providing good servoce

U meant u driving a forte, windscreen cracked but not able to claim warranty and need to pay at Pandan Service Centre?...btw, how yr crack happened? hit by stone or crack by itself, where's the location of the crack?
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by sporeboy 5th June 2009, 2:37 pm

hit by stone while driving along ECP.........on left side passenger seat just above the wiper, one long crack....the funny thing is during the replacing, while doing the solar film....the contractor make a crack again, so they replace another one for me....took one whole day....car collected next day....so far so good...touch wood..

sporeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 5th June 2009, 3:36 pm

sporeboy wrote:hit by stone while driving along ECP.........on left side passenger seat just above the wiper, one long crack....the funny thing is during the replacing, while doing the solar film....the contractor make a crack again, so they replace another one for me....took one whole day....car collected next day....so far so good...touch wood..

oh, that explained.....u got it all done up at CnC service centre inclusive of the sunfilm.....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 8th June 2009, 11:19 am

nothing wrote:
Divine wrote:yes like nothing said the excess for windscr is only 100.. but i didnt pay a single cent too nothing bro how many days later they install ur solar film? they die die ask me wait 10 days kns

When I asked, they told me 4-5 days good enough...So Mon replaced, tomorrow (Sat) I will install the sunfilm Very Happy

mine is Martin at leng keng he die die ask me wait 10 days.. without the solar film damn hot man
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 8th June 2009, 11:23 am

Divine wrote:
nothing wrote:

mine is Martin at leng keng he die die ask me wait 10 days.. without the solar film damn hot man

Huh? My guy is also Martin, and I got my sunfilm fixed last sat.
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 12th June 2009, 10:58 am

??? i think he like u la lolx u give him undertable sibo? lolx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 12th June 2009, 11:03 am

maybe got more than 10 windscreen broke, thats y need 1o days lol
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 12th June 2009, 11:44 am

Divine wrote:??? i think he like u la lolx u give him undertable sibo? lolx

haha..I hope not Laughing but usually I talk nicely to them never show temper even sometimes inside fire burning Laughing bcos now I familiar face at their wkshop liao....sometime the wkshop in-charge call me and ask for feedbacks, maybe bcos I update them on my findings after repairs...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by limpreza 17th June 2009, 2:08 am

hi all new forte owners,

just FYI regarding crack windscreen,
i collected my car on Friday 6 March (1st shipment), my windscreen crack on Monday 9 March after driving back from Genting, so I suspected it was due to stone-chip along NSHW, sent my car to CnC but they had no stock for windscreen, tink mine was the 1st case, had to wait 1 week for stock to arrive from Korea.

just wat? 3 months later wif new windscreen changed, on 12 June it crack again, and at exactly the same spot at driver side, sent my car in to CnC again, this time got stock, tink they imported many many, anyways I let my car be used as a study subject by the visiting Korean engineers, will keep u guys posted if the Korean engineers manage to find the root of this problem.

but if not, based on simple maths, a new windscreen shld last me 3 mths b4 cracking again, somemore mine is OPC, only drive on Sat/Sun.

limpreza

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 17th June 2009, 2:14 am

Good Job done limpreza. We hope to hear from you soon to find out what's the root to the problem that cause it to crack.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 17th June 2009, 1:23 pm

limpreza wrote:hi all new forte owners,

i collected my car on Friday 6 March (1st shipment), my windscreen crack on Monday 9 March after driving back from Genting, so I suspected it was due to stone-chip along NSHW, sent my car to CnC but they had no stock for windscreen, tink mine was the 1st case, had to wait 1 week for stock to arrive from Korea.

just wat? 3 months later wif new windscreen changed, on 12 June it crack again, and at exactly the same spot at driver side, sent my car in to CnC again, this time got stock, tink they imported many many, anyways I let my car be used as a study subject by the visiting Korean engineers, will keep u guys posted if the Korean engineers manage to find the root of this problem.

but if not, based on simple maths, a new windscreen shld last me 3 mths b4 cracking again, somemore mine is OPC, only drive on Sat/Sun.
HEy bro, thanks for sharing this very important information! I think it could be a factory default on the windscreen body.... hope they can come up with a solution to permanently solve it. Very Happy
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 17th June 2009, 2:24 pm

limpreza wrote:hi all new forte owners,

Saw the 3 Korean KIA Engineer today @ Teban. Yes mine cracked at same spot on Driver side too.
FOC replacement. Good service @ Teban too.
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 17th June 2009, 3:05 pm

getting more n more cases liao.. hope they can find the reason... mm.. korean engr fly all the way to Sg.. dun tell me korea side no such incidents... weather too hot in Sg.. too much expansion ar? =P
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by shah 22nd June 2009, 12:50 am

For all.......Note that the problem of the crack still not solve yet.
Mine crack just after 1 week. Had check with KIA,that they are still troubleshooting.THE KOREAN engr still have NO answer.
U dont have to vent your anger on them.Just pray that after replacement the crack wont happen again........LUCK....LUCK..LUCKY.
That all U have to tell yourself.
shah
shah

Back to top Go down

Post by NightAngler 23rd June 2009, 4:51 pm

1.6SX Auto - collected car on 27 Mar
Another case of front windscreen cracked
(abt 30-35 cm L-shape crackline starting from right frame structure ard driver eye level).
Windscreen was alright upon reaching open car park opposite Genting Highlands hotel on 21 jun 1530 hrs.
Crackline discovered the next afternoon when I need something from car.

Had to endure a slow & stressful drive home today. Headed straight to Pandans Service Center after clearing Tuas checkpoint. No stock for windscreen moulding (kind of rubber frame). Drove home & awaiting spares for time being.

NightAngler

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 23rd June 2009, 5:04 pm

NightAngler wrote:1.6SX Auto - collected car on 27 Mar
(abt 30-35 cm L-shape crackline starting from right frame structure ard driver eye level).
Windscreen was alright upon reaching open car park opposite Genting Highlands hotel on 21 jun 1530 hrs.

Had to endure a slow & stressful drive home today. Headed straight to Pandans Service Center after clearing Tuas checkpoint. No stock for windscreen moulding (kind of rubber frame). Drove home & awaiting spares for time being.

Wow.. bro, you collected your car on March, then your windscreen self-destructed on June (3 months later). That's really not assuring for all of us...
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 23rd June 2009, 6:42 pm

i'm crossing my fingers everyday Sad
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by graysgerald79 23rd June 2009, 7:52 pm

Mine is one month old liaoz..... still praying hard that it will not crack.... so would after 3 months be a safe timeline that the windscreen should be safe? Sad

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 23rd June 2009, 8:06 pm

I think until the 3 KIA Korean Engineers come out with a proper explanation, we can continue to cross our fingers everyday. Neutral
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 23rd June 2009, 8:24 pm

crack good what.. under warranty!!. better than 3years later den crack right!
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 23rd June 2009, 11:01 pm

Terrier wrote:crack good what.. under warranty!!. better than 3years later den crack right!

Think not a problem with warranty 3 or 5 or 7 yrs down.
So long as this COMMON PROBLEM REGISTERED n LOGGED in Cerato Forte Owners' forum.
We can take a CLASS ACTION in future. This is another Good Reason to stay here United ! thumbsup
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by NightAngler 23rd June 2009, 11:37 pm

Evil or Very Mad Crackline had developed further from L-shape (1500 hrs) to n-shape (2230 hrs)
Evil or Very Mad Will decide tomorrow morning whether to call for C&C towing service to Pandan workshop. Seem like a spoilt holiday & likely another day of annual leave wasted for this cracked windscreen Evil or Very Mad

NightAngler

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 23rd June 2009, 11:42 pm

scorpey wrote:getting more n more cases liao.. hope they can find the reason... mm.. korean engr fly all the way to Sg.. dun tell me korea side no such incidents... weather too hot in Sg.. too much expansion ar? =P

dont tell me the car alignment of centre of gravity cause the crack...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 23rd June 2009, 11:53 pm

Hmmm... warranty or not, it's our own time to be wasted to settle those issues, which are not caused by ourselves. Mad
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by NightAngler 24th June 2009, 1:34 pm

NightAngler wrote:

Evil or Very Mad Crackline had developed further from L-shape (1500 hrs) to n-shape (2230 hrs)
Evil or Very Mad Will decide tomorrow morning whether to call for C&C towing service to Pandan workshop. Seem like a spoilt holiday & likely another day of annual leave wasted for this cracked windscreen Evil or Very Mad
Update
Drove car to Pandans service centre in the morning. Had a rental car as temporary replacement till windscreen spares arrive (estimate abt 1 week)

NightAngler

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 24th June 2009, 4:04 pm

NightAngler wrote:
NightAngler wrote:

Update
Drove car to Pandans service centre in the morning. Had a rental car as temporary replacement till windscreen spares arrive (estimate abt 1 week)

That's not so bad, at least they get u a replacement car..but looking at their stockpile, seem like many forte kana the windscreen issue...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 24th June 2009, 7:43 pm

can some 1 check wif the SE if the solarfilm is not rike cool and if it's some other brand . will they replace it for us wif the same brand FOC ? cuz if we were to pay from our own pocket . doens't make any sense .
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 24th June 2009, 7:48 pm

Leonard wrote:can some 1 check wif the SE if the solarfilm is not rike cool and if it's some other brand . will they replace it for us wif the same brand FOC ? cuz if we were to pay from our own pocket . doens't make any sense .

I don't think need to come out from own pocket lah.... maybe they will replace, but wif rikecool lor.....
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 25th June 2009, 3:33 am

Leonard wrote:can some 1 check wif the SE if the solarfilm is not rike cool and if it's some other brand . will they replace it for us wif the same brand FOC ? cuz if we were to pay from our own pocket . doens't make any sense .

be it any brand,,, as long its part of e deal(freebies from C&C or SE), it shld be replace FOC by C&C...
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 25th June 2009, 8:36 am

Even if it's not part of the deal, CnC should cover the cost as well...
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 25th June 2009, 8:42 am

wah.... how to get update from those engineers, really looking forward to the solution...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 25th June 2009, 9:06 pm

Yes, some of us solarfilm by ThermalGuard. Few bros even upgrade to more expensive one. So if need to replace, what will CnC say?
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 25th June 2009, 10:24 pm

by right C&C should cover the cost, since its the car's defect that affect the film also, can compensate the film or not depend on argument power liao...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 25th June 2009, 11:53 pm

Yup, CnC shall cover the cost. I was at CnC Service Centre at UBI today. We discussed about that. 8)

Just make sure you keep the receipt of Thermalguard or Tintsycool or some other shops for the purpose of claim.
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by NightAngler 26th June 2009, 11:24 am

Collected car on 25 June evening. Didn't pay a single cent incl solar film replacement & loan car usage.

Fuel usage for loan car at my cost.

ZMC alarm blue LED indicator was "hidden" after new windscreen installation. Suspect it's "pushed' inside interior panel during installation & installer forgotten abt it. Oversight during collection yesterday. Will drop by ZMC alarm installer this evening.

Though windscreen replacement process had been pleasant so far, am keeping my fingers crossed & hope problem won't recur No

NightAngler

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaisu7165 3rd July 2009, 3:19 pm

After reading tis issue I was keeping my fingers XX for the past 2mths(collected my ride on 30th April) .Tis morning "the power to surprise"happened. After so much incident of cracked windcsreen & C&C Pandan still "act blur" ?Recept asked me for my insurance details.Told them to wake up & I'm claiming my warranty & not insurance. Was only there 2 days back to replaced my bushing & now tis problem. Perhaps can request from C&C to extend our warranty since we'll be visiting them quite often Sad
Kaisu7165
Kaisu7165

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 3rd July 2009, 11:52 pm

With the number of self-destruct windscreen increasing, it is time to start a registry of members of the SDW Club so that if the windscreen self-destruct after the 3-yr warranty period, there is evidence that it's a manufacturing fault.

SDW Club
Registry of Members:

1. Fortessimo
2. Charnfai30 (uncle's Forte)
3. Divine
4. nothing
5. newsman
6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaisu7165 6th July 2009, 11:10 am

Hi Dipstick
good suggestion ! Now we're like Mission Impossible ..."windsceen will self-destruct in 3mths " Laughing
Kaisu7165
Kaisu7165

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 6th July 2009, 11:17 am

this is scary... Crying or Very sad
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 6th July 2009, 11:19 am

Kaisu7165 wrote:After reading tis issue I was keeping my fingers XX for the past 2mths(collected my ride on 30th April) .Tis morning "the power to surprise"happened. After so much incident of cracked windcsreen & C&C Pandan still "act blur" ?Recept asked me for my insurance details.Told them to wake up & I'm claiming my warranty & not insurance. Was only there 2 days back to replaced my bushing & now tis problem. Perhaps can request from C&C to extend our warranty since we'll be visiting them quite often Sad

so bro, urs only crack, any danger like fell or broke inwards? i'm abit worried man!! shivering dogeyes
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaisu7165 6th July 2009, 11:38 am

hi Tish
the cracked is jus above the IU unit ,30cm shaped of "y" very similiar to those photos posted. It's in-between the internal & exterior cos you can't feel any rough surface on both.
Kaisu7165
Kaisu7165

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 6th July 2009, 11:57 am

ic, thanks for the info bro Smile
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 7th July 2009, 1:12 pm

One of the advantages of window tinting is that the tinting film actually holds the pieces together in the event of windscreen breakage, a plus point for passenger safety. The film can be up to 2mm thick and is actually quite tough.

Window Tinting Benefits

I am keeping my fingers, arms, legs and even my b@lls crossed that my windscreen will not crack . Each time I go to my Forte I am filled with apprehension. It's like having the sword of Damocles over my head........... haiz.

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 7th July 2009, 1:22 pm

kenincf wrote:Hmmm... warranty or not, it's our own time to be wasted to settle those issues, which are not caused by ourselves. Mad

I agree with u on that. Those who have been inconvenienced by the self-destruct windscreen should be compensated in one way or another. A free service package would be a reasonable compensation from CnC.

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by jackohy 7th July 2009, 3:11 pm

I wonder if any legal action can be taken against CnC/kia for cracked windscreen as this is a more threatening problem than those knocking sounds etc.

jackohy

Back to top Go down

Post by K-Family 11th July 2009, 9:29 pm

Damn my windscreen cracked too!!!!

And it is one single line from the edge about 40cm long. Does not look like hit with a stone as no stone chip. Just a single crack originating from the edge.

I'm demanding warranty or this issue will be famous.

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 11th July 2009, 9:42 pm

Update............

SDW Club
Registry of Members:

1. Fortessimo
2. Charnfai30 (uncle's Forte)
3. Divine
4. nothing
5. newsman
6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
9. K-family

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by graysgerald79 11th July 2009, 10:16 pm

Scary man.... can we include the no. of months and the date of collection that the forte was with you guys in the registry of members? Maybe we can see some pattern....lol

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next