Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported.

+149
hikaru
lwlty
babyt
livercat
armstrong
earthtrodder
hanxiang87
Forte2010
IPOH FORTE
Helix
gackthoe
shin365
epin
hsjose
Patklee
EvoForte
ginn
aliensix
hocksz
superkam
dEXTER C
aswalkersg
Kiang
genexis
tarepanda_lyh
chillout
fortetobe
GnoMisH
cboonh
cpt_zr
genevievepearly
Stefano
KIA1234
vinfang
KingJerry
oceandrives
VAG
hong5333
Siaoster
tiny
nightfever
stalejive
xianren
KenOrCannot
joepele
Blacks
Zeed
lordhawk
jl1500k
lufu
CuteDaDa
ck7373
arkaraka
ctoh
rockstarforte
Potatoes
astroboy28
ong
Elixir99
wkc
Flywheel
czhihong
kevinhwc
ace
miko komi
daniu82
nsr182
Hello Kitty
RCForte
zhuzhumao
malcolmlew
sunnyboy
KIAFAN
FORTE21
zujzuj
cnxeon
patsy
JuanST
ano57
mh3400
Shaq
KiaSG
aural
ahben
TVaddict
chamot16
taychua
dc
andikong
stev85x
notsogoodman
forte118
van
Fransge
duncton
pessimizt
junming
lukester
pbeyondp
the wonder girls
liplip
Tristanity
K-Family
jackohy
kysoong
Kaisu7165
FriesL
Leonard
Terrier
kenincf
NightAngler
shah
scorpey
newsman
limpreza
sporeboy
lawrenceke
BluRz
mwerkz
Cypher
dipstick
turbo4ev
Divine
Duser
kapitan
leo
dreamzzlandz
Juz@kid
charnfai30
impact2001
luvxiaobeng
wrathofheavennn
tish
ozzie75
ForKia
nothing
eraser
graysgerald79
dandeana21
Fortec
The Blue Cruiser
greatgazoo
muff
melburn
zlement
Redbean
nocash
keigo
Fortessimo
153 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 2 Empty Re: IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported.

Post by Fortessimo 29th May 2009, 9:52 am

muff wrote:Bro, wat solar film they replacing?

Good qns...i'll ask when the time is near.
Fortessimo
Fortessimo

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 2 Empty Re: IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported.

Post by eraser 29th May 2009, 2:17 pm

The crack became longer due to the heat expansion. Always park in a cool spot. I kana a chip before, under afternoon sun become MRT track

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 29th May 2009, 2:19 pm

Fortessimo wrote:Ok...got my windscreen replaced tdy liao...but solar film must wait 10 days later den can install cos must wait for the sealant to dry...all FOC.
Sent my car in at 9am, collected abt 5pm. No car for those hours...sianz..

didn't they offer u a courtesy car or some other form of compensation?.... Very Happy
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 29th May 2009, 6:08 pm

kapitan wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:
kapitan wrote:My windscreen did not crack, but was hit by a stone, so there is now a stone chip, .... waiting for the windscreen to crack so I can claim warranty instead of claim insurance.

Very Happy

Bro Kapitan, you drive behind big vehicle issit? If not I dun think norma vehicle stone will chip your windscreen.

Behind a lorry, which was also behind a large tipper truck...
bro, you intend to repair the chip? its best to get its rounded otherwise it may develop into a crack.....and then slowly propagate into MRT lines..... bounce
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 1st June 2009, 9:42 am

bad news bros my wind screen just cracked this morning... =( and it look exactly like the one on fortessmo pic!!!! same spot somemore..
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 1st June 2009, 9:46 am

Divine wrote:bad news bros my wind screen just cracked this morning... =( and it look exactly like the one on fortessmo pic!!!! same spot somemore..

Aiyo, mine happened this morning when I went to MSCP to wrok...detour to Leng Kee..... Evil or Very Mad
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 1st June 2009, 9:54 am

just a check with all those with crack, all from the same batch?
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 1st June 2009, 9:56 am

turbo4ev wrote:just a check with all those with crack, all from the same batch?

My ride roll out on Mar 2009....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 1st June 2009, 10:15 am

Just got call from Leng Kee, they will replaced the windscreen FOC and I can arrange with them for rike cool to come down to Leng Kee for sunfilm after a week once the sealant is dry...was informed that they will install a improved version windscreen....car will be ready by afternoon....troublesome but at least some consolation, they response with responsibility... Very Happy
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 1st June 2009, 10:52 am

just to check bro did they replace the solar film FOC?
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 1st June 2009, 11:40 am

Divine wrote:just to check bro did they replace the solar film FOC?

Yes, they will replace but after a week or so for the sealant to dry....the guy at Leng kee informed me that he will arrange for Rikecool guys to come down to install the sunfilm back for me..
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 1st June 2009, 11:47 am

great to hear that will talk to them later
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 1st June 2009, 11:50 am

Improved version windscreen. For affected cars only or for the rest of the future batches?
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 1st June 2009, 12:02 pm

nothing wrote:

Yes, they will replace but after a week or so for the sealant to dry....the guy at Leng kee informed me that he will arrange for Rikecool guys to come down to install the sunfilm back for me..

for those not using Rikecool solar film, will they also replace FOC ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 1st June 2009, 12:10 pm

muff wrote:
nothing wrote:

i think its only fair that C&C replace even the solar film cos its a manufact fault not ours...
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 1st June 2009, 12:21 pm

Divine wrote:
muff wrote:
nothing wrote:

i think its only fair that C&C replace even the solar film cos its a manufact fault not ours...

just wondering if Bro nothing is using the top end v-kool solar film, will CnC still replace it FOC?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 1st June 2009, 12:36 pm

muff wrote:
Divine wrote:
muff wrote:
nothing wrote:

just wondering if Bro nothing is using the top end v-kool solar film, will CnC still replace it FOC?

hmm i doubt they will man
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 1st June 2009, 12:50 pm

muff wrote:
Divine wrote:
muff wrote:
nothing wrote:

I am not using Vkool but so-called more expensive rikecool, not too sure on other brands but for rikecool, CnC will replace it..I ask what about the grade of replacement sunfilm, they said will be the same as given as stated in our record....my SE pretty steady, informed him abt my mishap, he said if ever any issue with the replacement sunfilm, let him know and he will get it right Very Happy
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 1st June 2009, 12:51 pm

The White Cruiser wrote:Improved version windscreen. For affected cars only or for the rest of the future batches?

if nothing broke, don't fix it.... Very Happy
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 1st June 2009, 12:55 pm

nothing wrote:

if nothing broke, don't fix it.... Very Happy

Depends purely on luck. Very Happy
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 1st June 2009, 1:50 pm

nothing wrote:

Do you mean your Forte was manufactured in Mar 2009? Mine was manufactured in Jan 2009.

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 2 Moz-screenshotBro Divine, what month was yours manufactured?

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 1st June 2009, 2:04 pm

not sure leh i got it early may registered april 28 i think
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 1st June 2009, 2:14 pm

Divine wrote:not sure leh i got it early may registered april 28 i think

If you check the documents, it's stated somewhere. I can't recall which one but I am certain I saw it on one of the docs.

This new self-destruct windscreen prob is like a sword hanging over our heads..... haiz

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 1st June 2009, 2:18 pm

ya man imagine this time bomb is set to self distruct after 3 years when the warranty is over !!!!!
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 1st June 2009, 2:44 pm

dipstick wrote:
nothing wrote:

Do you mean your Forte was manufactured in Mar 2009? Mine was manufactured in Jan 2009.

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 2 Moz-screenshotBro Divine, what month was yours manufactured?

Where to check manufactured date?
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 1st June 2009, 2:56 pm

can check manufacture date in onemotoring.

i remember mine is oso mar 2009 car. scary. how?? i intend to do my own solar film. wat if my crack after solar film is applied? who will compensate?

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 1st June 2009, 2:57 pm

weeza77 wrote:
dipstick wrote:
nothing wrote:

Where to check manufactured date?

The day u collect your ride, there are few forms with info on your ride..like a birth cert. I checked and verified..mine manufactured by Mar 09.....seem like QC issue with the windscreen, suay suay I kana but lucky happen early and got it replaced.....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 1st June 2009, 3:53 pm

Leng kee just called, car windscreen replaced liao, now washing my car, 20 mins later ready for collection... Very Happy
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 1st June 2009, 4:06 pm

grats

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 1st June 2009, 4:50 pm

I was wondering what is the cause of the chip windscreen, was it a manufacture defect or the heat of local weather or crossing humps too hard?

its getting dangerous if suddenly any kia forte's screen just chip and crack.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 1st June 2009, 7:51 pm

got my ride back, everything nicely done up, car also washed until kim kim....SE arranged for me to go down this sat morning to fix back the rikecool sunfilm...after that the customer service manager called and offered his apology...well done CnC.... cheers
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 1st June 2009, 8:51 pm

Even after the warranty period, it would be possible to replace the window for free since its a known defect for certain batch, but the film is another thingy

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 1st June 2009, 9:39 pm

The self-destruct windscreen is definitely a manufacturing defect. Either the windscreen is of poor quality or it has not been fitted correctly. Parking in the hot sun or over-pressuring the tires should not cause the windscreen to crack. KIA should get their act together properly or else the KIA brand will soon become MIA.

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 2nd June 2009, 5:01 am

waaa.... scary man, suddenly so many forte one shot windscreen crack. wat happen to e windscreen?? could it be dat e windscreen cant take e hot weather in SG coz in kimchi land weather is cold.. even park in MSCP oso can crack... still im not dat worry coz its under warranty n will make sure C&C replace e rikecool foc too...
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 2nd June 2009, 9:37 am

dipstick wrote:The self-destruct windscreen is definitely a manufacturing defect. Either the windscreen is of poor quality or it has not been fitted correctly. Parking in the hot sun or over-pressuring the tires should not cause the windscreen to crack. KIA should get their act together properly or else the KIA brand will soon become MIA.

maybe KIA too eager to chop chop launch the Forte and in the end QC compromise...have not heard of windscreen cracking by itself on Rio, Picanto, etc..

The crack definitely not cause by parking under the hot sun or over-press. of tires but likely due to poor fitment....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 2nd June 2009, 11:00 am

that i really hope korean dont slowly become like china factory Sad
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortessimo 2nd June 2009, 12:40 pm

Have decided to make this thread a sticky so that present and future Forte owners can be aware. Very Happy
Fortessimo
Fortessimo

Back to top Go down

Post by BluRz 2nd June 2009, 1:54 pm

Is the crack obvious? it's seen during the collection of car or after?
I wouldn't want my windscreen to crack after the collection of car, it's gonna be so damn troublesome.
BluRz
BluRz

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 2nd June 2009, 2:18 pm

BluRz wrote:Is the crack obvious? it's seen during the collection of car or after?
I wouldn't want my windscreen to crack after the collection of car, it's gonna be so damn troublesome.

don't think u can find any tell-tales signs when u collect yr car...most of us (including myself) happened after driving for a while.......troublesome or not, depends on your luck Laughing now every time I go collect my car, I will take a look at the windscreen first, aftermath of a cracked windscreen lol!
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 2nd June 2009, 8:11 pm

lolx just collected my car too anyway the crack u can tell 1 its a damn big crack!!!
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 2nd June 2009, 9:20 pm

Might be a good thing to make the hump knock sound thread a sticky also as it is affecting quite a number of Fortes............

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by BluRz 3rd June 2009, 12:33 pm

Cos' if after collection then comes the crack, SE might push the blame back and say stones hit our windscreen when we drive.

So when we collect our car, muz bring bright & Big touchlight Razz
BluRz
BluRz

Back to top Go down

Post by BluRz 3rd June 2009, 12:34 pm

Cos' if after collection then comes the crack, SE might push the blame back and say stones hit our windscreen when we drive.

So when we collect our car, muz bring bright & Big touchlight Razz
BluRz
BluRz

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 3rd June 2009, 12:36 pm

sister the crack is damn BIG and obvious 1... no need touch la haha anyway the crack is also obvious that its Self distruct ! haiz just pray that it wont crack loh lolx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 3rd June 2009, 12:57 pm

i don think it will break again.. C&C will not let the mistake happen again n again.. Razz
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 3rd June 2009, 3:27 pm

i just hope if mine touc hwood crack, pray hard it will not endanger any one
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by sporeboy 4th June 2009, 5:56 pm

I encountered the same problem after my 600km drive along ECP.

I have to pay $150 for replacing my wind-screen and 150 for my solar film as it was not included on invoice. therefore cannot claim insurance.

So new car owner, or going to be owner, get your SE to include this in invoice, if not, pay kah siao.

sporeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 4th June 2009, 8:01 pm

sporeboy wrote:I encountered the same problem after my 600km drive along ECP.

I have to pay $150 for replacing my wind-screen and 150 for my solar film as it was not included on invoice. therefore cannot claim insurance.

So new car owner, or going to be owner, get your SE to include this in invoice, if not, pay kah siao.

r u refering to Forte? for us it's under warranty and CnC will replace FOC on the windscreen and sunfilm if provided by SE....there isn't such thing cannot claim insurance, even after warranty period or due to own mishap, u can claim under warranty without affecting NCB, the most u pay $100....some insurance even FOC on windscreen replacement...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 4th June 2009, 10:10 pm

yes like nothing said the excess for windscr is only 100.. but i didnt pay a single cent too nothing bro how many days later they install ur solar film? they die die ask me wait 10 days kns
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 4th June 2009, 11:04 pm

So far 3 bros having this problem......mine also the early batch......should I hope for mine to crack also (while still under warranty leh tongue tongue )??.......
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next