Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported.

+149
hikaru
lwlty
babyt
livercat
armstrong
earthtrodder
hanxiang87
Forte2010
IPOH FORTE
Helix
gackthoe
shin365
epin
hsjose
Patklee
EvoForte
ginn
aliensix
hocksz
superkam
dEXTER C
aswalkersg
Kiang
genexis
tarepanda_lyh
chillout
fortetobe
GnoMisH
cboonh
cpt_zr
genevievepearly
Stefano
KIA1234
vinfang
KingJerry
oceandrives
VAG
hong5333
Siaoster
tiny
nightfever
stalejive
xianren
KenOrCannot
joepele
Blacks
Zeed
lordhawk
jl1500k
lufu
CuteDaDa
ck7373
arkaraka
ctoh
rockstarforte
Potatoes
astroboy28
ong
Elixir99
wkc
Flywheel
czhihong
kevinhwc
ace
miko komi
daniu82
nsr182
Hello Kitty
RCForte
zhuzhumao
malcolmlew
sunnyboy
KIAFAN
FORTE21
zujzuj
cnxeon
patsy
JuanST
ano57
mh3400
Shaq
KiaSG
aural
ahben
TVaddict
chamot16
taychua
dc
andikong
stev85x
notsogoodman
forte118
van
Fransge
duncton
pessimizt
junming
lukester
pbeyondp
the wonder girls
liplip
Tristanity
K-Family
jackohy
kysoong
Kaisu7165
FriesL
Leonard
Terrier
kenincf
NightAngler
shah
scorpey
newsman
limpreza
sporeboy
lawrenceke
BluRz
mwerkz
Cypher
dipstick
turbo4ev
Divine
Duser
kapitan
leo
dreamzzlandz
Juz@kid
charnfai30
impact2001
luvxiaobeng
wrathofheavennn
tish
ozzie75
ForKia
nothing
eraser
graysgerald79
dandeana21
Fortec
The Blue Cruiser
greatgazoo
muff
melburn
zlement
Redbean
nocash
keigo
Fortessimo
153 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Empty Re: IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported.

Post by FriesL 28th November 2009, 2:17 am

so it usually started with tat??? mine too... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_sad

FriesL

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Empty Re: IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported.

Post by cpt_zr 28th November 2009, 2:38 am

omg really? i hear my car got the creak creak piak sound.. but lucky no crack i also damn scared leh. my car usually parked under the sun de!
cpt_zr
cpt_zr

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 28th November 2009, 7:57 am

genevievepearly wrote:
dipstick wrote:
genevievepearly wrote:
KingJerry wrote:
genevievepearly wrote:My WINDSCREEN cracked!!! Duno when it cracked.. yday evening was stil ok when I parked and left for home.. this morning when walk to my car.. there was the crack!!! =(

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Windsc13

Wah unlucky! How old is your car?

Collected my car on 1st October 2009 le.. reali sian.. and spoil my mood early in the morning lo.. somemore mine was parked in MSCP le.. =(

Looks like the SDW issue has still not been resolved. Those who have experienced the cracked windscreen should escalate it to STOMP or the mass media.

Just got my car back tis evening.. wind screen changed, solar film oso done up le.. the technician say wun break liao.. duno how true.. hai.. v gog KL tmr.. hopefully will not give me another crack.. :p

Very sorry to hear about your cracked windscreen, ask the technician to warrant what he says ! black and white that your windscreen will not SDW again ! if it does, ask for compensation !!!!! IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_twisted
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 28th November 2009, 8:40 am

impact2001 wrote:
kysoong wrote:after 7 mths of collecting the car, thought i was lucky.. who knows windscreen kenna cracked today...

in the end get the tow truck to tow the car to LK... wonder if got ready stock to do it tmr... haiz

wow... u probably the first to call tow car... I think in future all should call tow car too, to make C&C busy like ****.. haha.

haha, issit? i m the 1st to call the service recovery to tow? shld make use of the free service mah ;P

anyway, LK called ard 8am and told me car can only be ready on monday afternoon... car less over weekend... sianz! IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_sad
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 28th November 2009, 8:45 am

impact2001 wrote:i knw mine will be coming soon.. been hearing many piak piak sound..

after installation of WS and solar film, think still got to make a trip to Soon Lee, wa liew...
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 28th November 2009, 9:26 am

KingJerry wrote:Er, so if my windscreen crack i should call the tow ar? Or should i just drive to lk myself.

Sorry ar, wanna know just in case mine crack. IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_razz

Tat time my windscreen crack in Melaka few months back also can all the way drive back to SG IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_twisted
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by cboonh 29th November 2009, 1:30 am

Half a century of recorded self destruct wind screen! Mine just gave way today.... Bros..any advise on how to resolve it by tomorrow? I'm flying off on Mondy morning and will only be back in a week. Sad

Updated 29 Nov 2009

Registry of SDW Club members.

1. Fortessimo
2. Charnfai30 (uncle's Forte)
3. Divine
4. nothing (2nd Windscreen cracked)
5. newsman6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
9. K-family (2nd Windscreen cracked 15th Nov)
10. liplip
11. The Wonder Girls
12. pbeyondp
13. jonnyteo79 (sgkia)
14. solace (sgkia)
15. dylan6904 (sgkia)
16. kkmichelin (sgkia) (2nd Windscreen cracked)
17. junming
18. forte118 (2nd Windscreen cracked) (1st: 7/8/09 2nd: 12/10/09)
19. fortec
20. stev85x
21. GnoMisH (sgkia)
22. DC
23. taychua - collected 1st June
24. cort05 (sgkia)
25. TVaddict
26. ahben
27. FORTE21 (Sept 2009 batch)
28. thswei
29. Limpreza (2nd Windscreen cracked)
30. g11259 (sgkia)
31. miko komi - 30sep, 16oct, 31oct (3rd Cracko)
32. kevinhwc (6 day old)
33. jcmc (6 days old)
34. Flywheel ( 5 months old)
35. czhihong (6 days old)
36. wkc (1 month old)
37. Elixir99 (7 days old)
38. astroboy28 (1 month old)
39. rockstarforte (5 months old)
40. ck7373 (4 months old)
41. cuteDaDa (collected 3rd Oct cracked 16th Oct)
42. jl1500k (collected 3rd Sept cracked on 17th Oct)
43. neon (collected 13th April cracked 20th Oct)
44. xianren (3 weeks old cracked on 28th Oct)
45. Tiny (collected on 30th May, cracked on 30th Oct)
46. hong5333 (collected end March, cracked 2nd Nov)
47. Oceandrives(collected on 2nd Nov, cracked on 5th nov)
48. ReDeVil (collected 8 Oct, cracked on 16 Nov)
49. PillowER (after 5 months)
50. cboonh (Collected March 08, cracked 29/11)
cboonh
cboonh

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 29th November 2009, 5:03 am

email C&C wif e pic of e crack windscreen n why u r not able to send in for replacement asap.....
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 29th November 2009, 12:04 pm

Oop!!! Bro cboonh, yours collected on March 08 and cracked today...
mine collected on March 09,so tomorrow how har? affraid
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by cboonh 29th November 2009, 12:14 pm

nocash wrote:Oop!!! Bro cboonh, yours collected on March 08 and cracked today...
mine collected on March 09,so tomorrow how har? IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Affraid

Opps! Pang sala.. I collected March 09 too. ahaha I think i will follow bro kysoong.. call in the tow truck~ Hopefully yours wun crack bro.
cboonh
cboonh

Back to top Go down

Post by cboonh 30th November 2009, 12:58 am

Sent for the towtruck this evening. Had my spicy red towed to leng kee. Hope it comes back in one piece!
cboonh
cboonh

Back to top Go down

Post by genevievepearly 30th November 2009, 11:38 am

pessimizt wrote:
genevievepearly wrote:
dipstick wrote:
genevievepearly wrote:
KingJerry wrote:
genevievepearly wrote:My WINDSCREEN cracked!!! Duno when it cracked.. yday evening was stil ok when I parked and left for home.. this morning when walk to my car.. there was the crack!!! =(

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Windsc13

Wah unlucky! How old is your car?

Collected my car on 1st October 2009 le.. reali sian.. and spoil my mood early in the morning lo.. somemore mine was parked in MSCP le.. =(

Looks like the SDW issue has still not been resolved. Those who have experienced the cracked windscreen should escalate it to STOMP or the mass media.

Just got my car back tis evening.. wind screen changed, solar film oso done up le.. the technician say wun break liao.. duno how true.. hai.. v gog KL tmr.. hopefully will not give me another crack.. :p

Very sorry to hear about your cracked windscreen, ask the technician to warrant what he says ! black and white that your windscreen will not SDW again ! if it does, ask for compensation !!!!! IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_twisted

Hahaha.. nv tot of that thou.. the person in charge of my case is Mr. Martin, mayb you guys can look for him if u hv the same problem as mine..

After my KL trip, up and down the North South at 160km/hr, touch wood, nothing happened yet thou I hit the NSHW the day after the replacement.. ;p

So I guess this time they have finally solved the problem.. ;p

genevievepearly

Back to top Go down

Post by genevievepearly 30th November 2009, 11:40 am

kysoong wrote:
impact2001 wrote:
kysoong wrote:after 7 mths of collecting the car, thought i was lucky.. who knows windscreen kenna cracked today...

in the end get the tow truck to tow the car to LK... wonder if got ready stock to do it tmr... haiz

wow... u probably the first to call tow car... I think in future all should call tow car too, to make C&C busy like ****.. haha.

haha, issit? i m the 1st to call the service recovery to tow? shld make use of the free service mah ;P

anyway, LK called ard 8am and told me car can only be ready on monday afternoon... car less over weekend... sianz! IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_sad

Wah! How can like that? Never ask them for a courtesy car for the LONG wkend???

genevievepearly

Back to top Go down

Post by genevievepearly 30th November 2009, 11:43 am

Updated 30 Nov 2009

1. Fortessimo
3. Divine
5. newsman6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
10. liplip
11. The Wonder Girls
12. pbeyondp
13. jonnyteo79 (sgkia)
14. solace (sgkia)
15. dylan6904 (sgkia)
17. junming
19. fortec
20. stev85x
21. GnoMisH (sgkia)
22. DC
24. cort05 (sgkia)
25. TVaddict
26. ahben
28. thswei
30. g11259 (sgkia)
32. kevinhwc (6 day old)
33. jcmc (6 days old)
36. wkc (1 month old)
50. cboonh (Collected March 08, cracked 29/11)
51. genevievepearly (Collected Oct 01, cracked Nov 25)

genevievepearly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaisu7165 30th November 2009, 12:12 pm

the list keeps increasing ,can't wait for Koup to join our SWD club Laughing
Kaisu7165
Kaisu7165

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 30th November 2009, 1:47 pm

cboonh wrote:Sent for the towtruck this evening. Had my spicy red towed to leng kee. Hope it comes back in one piece!

lol, tat makes u the 2nd case using tow truck? anyway, i just got my car at 11plus... saw luvxiaobeng's stitch @ LK. Have to make another trip to Soon Lee cos LK dun noe wat to do with my alarm touch pad... haiz
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 30th November 2009, 1:49 pm

Updated 30 Nov 2009

1. Fortessimo
3. Divine
5. newsman6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
10. liplip
11. The Wonder Girls
12. pbeyondp
13. jonnyteo79 (sgkia)
14. solace (sgkia)
15. dylan6904 (sgkia)
17. junming
19. fortec
20. stev85x
21. GnoMisH (sgkia)
22. DC
24. cort05 (sgkia)
25. TVaddict
26. ahben
28. thswei
30. g11259 (sgkia)
32. kevinhwc (6 day old)
33. jcmc (6 days old)
36. wkc (1 month old)
50. cboonh (Collected March 09, cracked 29/11)
52. kysoong (collected end Apr 09, cracked 27 Nov)
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by Stefano 30th November 2009, 3:59 pm

wahlao ! the number is growing everyday. Now already hit 50 with some repeated cracks. how about those
who are not members of this forum who kenna cracked and not counted. maybe we can call mediacorp tv to
do a programme as this is something unique and very new. maybe a very interesting programme for mediacorp tv.

Stefano

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 30th November 2009, 5:39 pm

Stefano wrote:wahlao ! the number is growing everyday. Now already hit 50 with some repeated cracks. how about those
who are not members of this forum who kenna cracked and not counted. maybe we can call mediacorp tv to
do a programme as this is something unique and very new. maybe a very interesting programme for mediacorp tv.

hehe...only members of this forum will have crack on windscreen... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Lol
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by miko komi 2nd December 2009, 12:08 am

Hopefully i be holding the record for "hat-trick" this year.....IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_cheers
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_cheers IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_cheers
29 days and counting... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_jokercolor
miko komi
miko komi

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 2nd December 2009, 2:11 pm

lol, u want to break ur whole "hat-trick" record by having the 4th windscreen? IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 612380

nowadays very skeptical... scare of hearing "piak piak" sound while driving...
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 3rd December 2009, 7:22 am

kysoong wrote:lol, u want to break ur whole "hat-trick" record by having the 4th windscreen? IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 612380

nowadays very skeptical... scare of hearing "piak piak" sound while driving...

Lol! whenever i heard the "piak piak" sound, first thing i do is to look at the right hand side of the windscreen..
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 3rd December 2009, 7:23 am

aiyoh, can also be bottom (like mine) or left hand side mah...
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by KenOrCannot 3rd December 2009, 11:17 pm

The bomb can drop anywhere... Cross fingers... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 699370
KenOrCannot
KenOrCannot

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 4th December 2009, 7:53 am

KenOrCannot wrote:The bomb can drop anywhere... Cross fingers... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 699370

and anytime too...... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 684438
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 4th December 2009, 8:13 am

cracked windscreen

anytime and anywhere

the power to surprise......
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 4th December 2009, 8:22 am

since e number r growing its no longer.... the power to surprise...

it is now known as.... the power to SHOCK... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Affraid
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 4th December 2009, 8:24 am

Juz@kid wrote:since e number r growing its no longer.... the power to surprise...

it is now known as.... the power to SHOCK... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Affraid

or the power to scare????
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 4th December 2009, 8:26 am

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Lol
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 4th December 2009, 8:29 am

i think quite a number of forte owners will have hypertension due to the worrying too much about ws..... shud this be a rider on the car insurance?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by KenOrCannot 5th December 2009, 12:03 am

Maybe can go bald soon too with all this thinking and worrying keke. IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Suspect
KenOrCannot
KenOrCannot

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 5th December 2009, 7:14 am

KenOrCannot wrote:Maybe can go bald soon too with all this thinking and worrying keke. IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Suspect

quite a number of bros going bald.... including me.... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_razz but unfair to attribute to ws issue...
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 6th December 2009, 4:35 am

JuanST wrote:
KenOrCannot wrote:Maybe can go bald soon too with all this thinking and worrying keke. IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Suspect

quite a number of bros going bald.... including me.... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_razz but unfair to attribute to ws issue...

going bald???? then wat bout Ah Cow!!!! his whole head is super clean b4 his windscreen crack.... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_lol hahaha

Ah Cow... dun angry hor... joke joke onli.... peace.. IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 612380
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by czhihong 8th December 2009, 12:30 pm

Had my 2nd crack about one week back (November 29), was driving back from Melaka at about 120km/h, there was a loud "CRACK", and there it was. Same area of the windscreen as the previous time, right above the IU.

I was talking to the Kia guy from the insurance department when I sent it down, he told me less than 10% of the cars are getting this, which is what's making it very hard to find out the problem. He mentioned that engineers from Korea are down in Singapore investigating now, because we seem to be the only country that's experiencing significant numbers of this problem.

I'm guessing many will be sceptical of the 10% he says, but I'm leaning towards believing him, since there are 3000-4000 of us on the road, and if it's anything more than that, they would have been SWARMED.

Edit: As it is, it does look like whichever car gets it once is vulnerable to repeated occurrences though :/ For the record, my first was on September 24, second November 29.

Last edited by czhihong on 8th December 2009, 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

czhihong

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 8th December 2009, 12:34 pm

hmm... judging from the total number of bros experiencing broken windscreens in this forum, it could be 10%. but why are we so special to be the only country with this problem? strange.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by GnoMisH 8th December 2009, 12:44 pm

wow.. windscreen crack can happen second time ..wtf IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_evil
GnoMisH
GnoMisH

Back to top Go down

Post by czhihong 8th December 2009, 12:45 pm

I think it's bizarre too.. what he said was, "Other countries have it too, but many more cases here."

In any case, it will be a while (months at least) before we can see any light on this I think. I'm thinking about firing a letter to C&C to ask for compensation for time/transport costs :/

czhihong

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 8th December 2009, 2:23 pm

yea you should.

tell them time is $$$!

If i kana i sure go kbkb! Razz
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by fortetobe 8th December 2009, 5:47 pm

can it be due to the type of solar film used?

fortetobe

Back to top Go down

Post by chillout 9th December 2009, 10:21 am

czhihong, i encounter the exact same thing as you, i was driving back from melaka when it cracked, the sound was like a large stone hitting the windscreen, quite loud. i just send it in to pandan svc ctr for replacement today. i think the problem is the miss match of the windscreen profile to the window frame causing some bending stress. over a period of use, the harmonic vibrations from the road would have caused the glass to crack at the stress point. mine cracked around the 1600km.
i suspect the problem is the car window frame which is the result of poor mfg control, not being negative, i feel this is not something that will go away with a new windscreen.

chillout

Back to top Go down

Post by chillout 9th December 2009, 2:32 pm

1. Fortessimo
3. Divine
5. newsman6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
10. liplip
11. The Wonder Girls
12. pbeyondp
13. jonnyteo79 (sgkia)
14. solace (sgkia)
15. dylan6904 (sgkia)
17. junming
19. fortec
20. stev85x
21. GnoMisH (sgkia)
22. DC
24. cort05 (sgkia)
25. TVaddict
26. ahben
28. thswei
30. g11259 (sgkia)
32. kevinhwc (6 day old)
33. jcmc (6 days old)
36. wkc (1 month old)
53. chillout (collected oct, cracked 7 dec)

chillout

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 9th December 2009, 2:47 pm

chillout wrote:czhihong, i encounter the exact same thing as you, i was driving back from melaka when it cracked, the sound was like a large stone hitting the windscreen, quite loud. i just send it in to pandan svc ctr for replacement today. i think the problem is the miss match of the windscreen profile to the window frame causing some bending stress. over a period of use, the harmonic vibrations from the road would have caused the glass to crack at the stress point. mine cracked around the 1600km.
i suspect the problem is the car window frame which is the result of poor mfg control, not being negative, i feel this is not something that will go away with a new windscreen.

That time my windscreen cracked also when driving back from melaka during Oct time. Maybe we are driving too fast. IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_biggrin liao.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 9th December 2009, 2:52 pm

KingJerry wrote:yea you should.

tell them time is $$$!

If i kana i sure go kbkb! IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_razz

lol, u want to kenna such crap? damn troublesome, ar boh i wont resort to using their tow service... (luckily free service)... haha
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 9th December 2009, 4:12 pm

Best is never kana.

But if kana, tell them don't need spare car. Let me the most chio SE till the car is fix!

Twisted Evil
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 12th December 2009, 7:40 pm

1. Fortessimo
3. Divine
5. newsman6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
10. liplip
11. The Wonder Girls
12. pbeyondp
13. jonnyteo79 (sgkia)
14. solace (sgkia)
15. dylan6904 (sgkia)
17. junming
19. fortec
20. stev85x
21. GnoMisH (sgkia)
22. DC
24. cort05 (sgkia)
25. TVaddict
26. ahben
28. thswei
30. g11259 (sgkia)
32. kevinhwc (6 day old)
33. jcmc (6 days old)
36. wkc (1 month old)
53. chillout (collected oct, cracked 7 dec)
54. tarepanda_lyh (collected Jul 09, cracked 12 Dec 09)
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 12th December 2009, 7:46 pm

it finally happen to me...today afternoon i drive halfway in highway and the windscreen suddenly cracked...

after many months of observation (i.e. hearing the piak piak sound since i took my car in Jul), i think the trigger point of the crack for my car is the afternoon heat... normally i drive my car in the morning/evening but today suay suay wanna drive in the afternoon, then kenna... any bros happen the same way/timing?
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by miko komi 13th December 2009, 12:31 am

Me too.... got piak-piak-piak-piak IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Drunken_smilie sound already . Hi.. hi.... look like 4th round on the way.... 19 days before 2010.... and hopefully no one will "crack" my record... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_king hat-trick
miko komi
miko komi

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 13th December 2009, 12:52 am

looks like their so-called "stronger windscreen" for the Oct/Nov batch has failed... IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_sad
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by genexis 13th December 2009, 1:37 am

I was told that the windscreen problem has been fixed from the september PRODUCTION batches. It was a problem with the design of the A-column, and not really the windscreen material.

Anybody who collected their cars in Dec have their windscreen cracked?

genexis

Back to top Go down

Post by GnoMisH 13th December 2009, 1:28 pm

genexis wrote:I was told that the windscreen problem has been fixed from the september PRODUCTION batches. It was a problem with the design of the A-column, and not really the windscreen material.

Anybody who collected their cars in Dec have their windscreen cracked?

if that's the case , possible a recall of the all pre-Sep cars .... one-to-one exchange new car IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 13 Icon_santa ?
GnoMisH
GnoMisH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next